You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Little Girls In The Hallway

Real Ghost Stories

Little Girls In The Hallway

 

I bought my current house back in 2006. It is a fairly small home, but perfect for me and my wife. The house next to me has had 4 different occupants since we moved in. Before we moved in, a neighbor had told us that no one can stay in that house very long, but no one really knows why.

The experience I had came at a time when the vacant house next door was occupied. Now, I am only speculating that the house next door may be haunted. But the experience I had in my house is the only experience I have had. So I wonder, if it is haunted next door that maybe the ghost, if that is what it was, expanded its realm to my house since it didn't have the privacy that it was used to?

My wife usually gets home around 5 in the afternoon and I get home from work around 3 pm. I usually take a shower immediately since I have a physical job. I was going through my normal routine. I was starting to strip down for the shower; I had the door closed and was almost completely undressed when my cat started meowing very loudly. My dog started going nuts. This is the behavior they usually exhibit when my wife pulls into our driveway. Well, it being over an hour before time for her to be home, I thought to myself that maybe she got off early. About that time I heard footsteps coming down the hall. It sounded like 2 different sets. I thought how odd that she was able to get into the house so quickly. Meanwhile the cat and dog are still flipping out.

I then heard a small girl's voice laughing and saying, "I guess they're not home" and then another little girl laughed. This was right outside of the bathroom door. Then I heard the footsteps go into the bedroom. Being a logical person, the idea of a ghost did not enter into my mind. I seriously thought someone had broken into my home. I got as dressed as I could as quickly as I could. I barged out of the bathroom, looking in the bedroom first and shouting, "Who's here?" I double checked the driveway and my wife was not home. There was no car in the driveway. I checked every closet, nook, and cranny in the house and didn't find a thing. The cat and dog were still acting up a bit and looking around and up at the ceiling. I called my wife and she was still at work. I told her what happened and, of course, she laughed at me. I can't blame her. But I can't explain this logically.

Coming from a skeptic, it has opened my eyes to the "possibility" that there could be forces out there that could be true that are usually laughed away. I am not as quick to dismiss someone's story as ludicrous like I used to, and now I usually listen with interest when someone talks about an experience that they may have had in the past.

This isn't the only experience I have had in my life, but it is the most non*explainable one. Luckily it is the only experience in my current residence. This happened around 4 years ago.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, murpheyslawyer, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

steve_in_savannah (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
murpheyslawyer,

How many tenants have come and gone since your experience in your home? Is your home semi detached? Connected? Duplex? I'm new in town and wanted to learn more about this great and historic city. Do you have any history about the area that you live in?

I'd like to hear more about it.
Carolann1015 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-22)
Murphyslawyer
Do you really believe it could have followed him there, causing that? I am shocked that that could happen. And there has not been any more activity for you? Are you glad that there hasnt been any more experiences?
murpheyslawyer (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
"Luckily he was injured. I wonder if it followed him there." That should have read "wasn't"** injured.
murpheyslawyer (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
The guy that lived there last claims he filed for bankruptcy even though a week before his departure he was re-doing in garage floor and putting up new shutters. He never mentioned leaving and one night around 10 p.m. A Uhaul van backed in and was gone in the morning. I know someone that works with him and he said that my ex-neighbor moved into a rental a few miles from here. Well he had only been at that place for a week before it caught on fire and burned to the ground. Luckily he was injured. I wonder if it followed him there.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-16)
murpheyslawyer,
Redphx is right. If the last guy to live there had been doing work on the place, he may have stirred up some spiritual activity. This is common, it happens quite often. And it would explain his rapid departure.
Thank you for sharing your experience, it was an interesting read.

Jav 😊
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
wow a neighbor remodeling his house (increases activity) then packing up in the middle of the night. He was basically fleeing his house. I think you are right about the asumption your neighbors house is haunted. I would speculate that it was just a coincidence because I thought it was a rental. But if you say people buy it then resale it so quickly that is cause for concern.
murpheyslawyer (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
No not at all. We hear scratches in the attic a lot, but I am fairly sure it is a small field mouse issue we have been having. But the house next door is currently vacant. Again. It is so odd why people don't stay there. It is not a rental so people actually buy the house and don't last a year. This last guy that lived there put a lot of money into and then packed up and left in the middle of the night.
Carolann1015 (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-15)
I think that wouldve been very frightning for me if I were in your place. I am sorry that she doesn't believe you, but some don't believe in that. I have heard these kinds of things before and they were ones I won't forget. Have there been more activity since this happened? 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: