You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: My Daughter

Real Ghost Stories

My Daughter

 

When my daughter was five my aunt sent a book with family photos and history. When I got it I had my son on one side and my daughter on the other looking through the book. I knew my grandparents had nine children, but didn't know they had ten as one died (my aunt) at seventeen months old. When we got to her picture my daughter insisted that she knew this aunt. I told her that I didn't even know about her. She said that she knew her and liked her. She did the same thing when we got to the picture of my grandfather. She knew him and liked him. I told her that he died long before she was born. She kept saying that she knew and liked them both. I asked her when she knew them and she told me it was before she was born.

Since then she has seen my great-grandparents. She has heard my mom and my younger brother. They say things that she didn't know was typical of them to say. We have had our house investigated for paranormal and they did catch something on the EVP. One voice was when nobody was even in the house. Neither one of my kids will go into the basement because of the uneasy feeling they get.

My husband and I have our bedroom downstairs. My husband will go downstairs and find the clock radio unplugged. We have all heard footsteps coming upstairs and nobody is there. I have had somebody poke me in the back. One of our dogs, my two kids and I have been in the kitchen when all of a sudden the dogs back-end gets pushed down and he takes off across the floor. Both dogs have sat staring up at the ceiling in the corner.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Oregon

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Billie03, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Billie03 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
Dan,
Thank-you.I'll have to look for the story.I'd just like to find out for sure who it is that is here. I don't mind that they are here but would like to be able to call them by name. I have even had to tell one that when I'm in the bathroom that they aren't allowed in with me.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
Billie03: I have heard of many accounts that are similar to yours here, most children are quite open to the spiritual world and some accounts I have heard that the child remembers seeing their parents before being born.

There was a user on here called "WhiteBuffalo" who's son had mentioned the exact same thing to her saying that he had seen them both when he was in heaven and chose to be born to them or something along those lines. It should still be here on the site if you want to have a look for it, I'm sorry I just can't remember the name of the story. All the best.

Thanks for sharing.

Dan
Billie03 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
I have asked my daughter who she was before she was born to me but she couldn't remember that far back. My first thought was my grandmother since she has some of the same talents my grandmother did.She'll go in and cook or sew without being taught. My grandmother did both real well.
Billie03 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
My grandfather who she says she knows passed in 1979. My aunt in 1942. My younger brother who she has heard passed on Feb. 20 of this year. She has heard my mom who passed two and a half years ago. My daughter was born in 1994. My great grandfather passed in 1952 so I didn't get to meet him. She has actually seen him. She said the person she saw is native american and that would have been him. None of them have the feeling of being sinister or wanting to do us any harm. More the opposite in fact. Super protective of us. My husband is bi-polar so it's like they are watching over us.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
I think you are dealing with two or three completely separate issues here. It seems your daughter remembers some relatives from the inter-life (the time between lives when we are reflecting on what we've learned and planning what we'll learn in our next incarnation). She may also have been visited by other relatives in this life (although you are a bit unclear on exactly who is dead and when they died in relation to her birth). Lastly, there may be something more sinister and unwelcome lurking about your house, as I don't think the trickster responsible for the uneasy feeling is a deceased relative just dropping in to check on you. Perhaps a reputable medium or spiritual advisor could help you sort this out.
Billie03 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
We've had our house investigated twice by a sister group of TAPS. The first time one of the guys saw a shadow person downstairs across from the family room. They also heard and caught on tape someone talking upstairs in the kitchen. The second time they caught voices upstairs when nobody was inside then someone taking when they were inside doing the investigation. The team checked for leakage,too.It wouldn't explain the clock radio unplugging by itself downstairs either. That one is spooky. Plus wrapping paper falling over with nobody walking across the floor or being near it. One of the investigaters witnessed that one.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
Billie,

There is a chance with Family members that are (may be) sensitive that the 'fear/discomfort' they feel about the basement could be caused by high EMF levels...

Everything you have presented that if there are spirits in your home they are not anything to be 'feared' or that cause it. However High EMF levels may cause individuals to be nervous, scared and even 'see things'...not to mention headaches, and nauseousness so if the majority of your homes electrical wiring and such is in the basement and / or the equipment in it is old and the electrical shielding old may be allowing for EMF 'leakage' thus causing sensitive people to feel uncomfortable in or around that space. This is something that can be tested for and if High levels are found they can be shielded... This may change how they feel about the basement. Please keep us posted.

Respectfully,

Rook
Billie03 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
This is more than the normal being afraid of the basement. They are now 18 and 21 and still get creeped out going down there. My 21 year old has a slight disability so I wonder if that has anything to do with him attracting paranormal. When my 18 year old was smaller she looked exactly like my aunt that passed away. When she told me that she knew them before she was born I knew not to argue. I just told her okay. I told her that her great grandfather would always be here watching sin ce I was always his favorite.
reptilian (45 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
It's very common for people to reincarnate into their decendants. She may choose to pursue the memories later when/if she comes into some spiritual awareness, that's her choice.
As for being scared of the basement, aren't all kids?
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
I believe that our loved ones that have passed, prepare us to enter the world before we are born. Most often these experiences are forgotten when we are born, but sometimes they linger like past life memories. She has a special gift, and I hope you are ready to cultivate it. Or perhaps you can find someone else that can help her along the way if you're not comfy doing so.
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-02)
oh very creepy,
I think you have got shock of your life, when she said that. I can imagine.
But I wonder how your daughter know before she born?
Didnt she have not properly explained?
Keep eye on your daughter.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: