You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Ghost Talking To My Daughter

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Talking To My Daughter

 

I'm a bit worried after talking to my daughter. I knew there was something in the house since moving in, as the TV in the kids room would turn on by itself when my younger daughter would be napping in her cot. No way she could get out and turn it on being so young too. This happened twice.

Then one day I came home after going to the shop, my baby son was in his pram sleeping. For about 10 minutes on and off the pram kept rocking backwards and forwards by itself. It freaked me out and I showed my sister to come see who was in the other room. It carried on. I felt okay as I thought it's obviously friendly and just looking out for the kids. Then my daughter mentioned she hears her name being called at night very often and it wakes her up. That night my husband swears he heard a girl's voice calling my daughters name. He said it was very clear.

The next day I spoke to my daughter about what she had said to me the day before. She said it's a girl who calls her name most nights, she repeats herself calling her but she sees no one. She also said this person tells her off and says she is being naughty which apparently upsets my daughter as she says she's done nothing wrong.

Now this is really worrying me. She says she doesn't know who it is. I said to her ask them who they are then.

I've looked this up apparently you don't want to respond?! I'm going to have to tell her to ignore this now. My daughter is 5 this seems very scary to be going through and it does scare her. She said it's been happening for a while, since we been at this house for about a year and a half now.

Is this harmful? What are people's thoughts on this?

I want to move now... Will this stop this from happening?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, UnsureMum, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Anno_Domini (3 stories) (167 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-05)
Hi UnsureMum, I am a dad to 2 young ones, and I imagine it must be terrifying to have these happen to your precious ones.

I suggest that you seek help from you nearest Christian pastor or priest. If it really is a case of demonic activity, instruct your children never to consent (or give thought) to the entity, e.g. "Do you want to see me?" "Do you want to know who I am?" "Do you want me to reveal myself to you?" etc. This even if it is bothering / pestering them / you incessantly or piquing their / your curiosity. To add to that I suggest that you tell your daughter to rebuke them and command them to stay away in Jesus' name.

One last thing, demons are masters of deception, I would caution against the thought " I felt okay as I thought it's obviously friendly and just looking out for the kids." I hold firm to the adage "There's no such thing as a good serial killer.", so the same is with demons.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-04)
Hi there UnsureMum,

I truly feel for you, there is nothing worse than feeling helpless when your children are frightened. There is hope though. I definitely recommend Rook's Cleansing Method too (see Twilight's comment for the link). I agree with LuciaJacinta on speaking aloud to whatever is bothering your daughter. Do so in a firm, no nonsense manner (no yelling and/or cussing needed). Just state that your children are off limits period and maybe encourage it to move on. This, coupled with the cleansing should clear your home up lickety split.

I'm with Biblio on not moving. Bring out that 'Mama Bear' and I'll bet you end up feeling empowered. 😊

Please keep us updated, I wish you the best.
Dee
DeliverDawn (5 stories) (45 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-04)
Hello UnsureMum,

For one thing, I wouldn't move just yet. I absolutely understand how that can be a tantalizing option, but at this point we don't even know if that would work. Far better would be to see if we can remove the spirit first, and then, if that doesn't work, move. 😊

I want to say that I'm very glad that Biblio has said essentially EXACTLY what I wanted to say. No matter whether that spirit is "good" or it is "bad," this situation can be significantly better. And the fact that it, in a sense, "punishes" your daughter? No, that doesn't sound good at all. I feel like something is wrong.

Please, please, look at Rook's cleansing method. Research other cleansing and blessing methods, if you feel inclined. Do this as soon as you can--and I second the thought that, if your daughter can be involved, she needs to be.

Personally, I hope to hear from you soon. If you have ANY questions about cleansing, you can ask us through here, or send me an email if you need to. I'm sure I'm not the only one when I say that I hope you eventually are able to update us with good results x
LuciaJacinta (8 stories) (291 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-04)
Hugs to you, mom. I know it's scary when it bothers our babies. I think it's wise for your daughter not to communicate with it because she is so little and these things can manipulate sometimes as they enjoy the power of connecting to the living. But, if you are the head of the household you can talk to it/command it and tell it to leave your daughter alone. Best to tell it to move on to the light whether it's a good or bad spirit. Wish you well.
Bibliothecarius (9 stories) (1091 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-11-04)
Greetings, UnsureMum, and welcome.

If you'll forgive me, I will skip to the key detail: "She also said this person tells her off and says she is being naughty which apparently upsets my daughter as she says she's done nothing wrong."

This is a nasty & old-fashioned trick to create psychological dependency. People respond well to affection, attention, and approval; this is one of the reasons people tell children they've done a good job when completing mundane tasks. It's not that the adult is overly-impressed, merely that the child has mastered a behavior that the parent wishes the child to repeat in future. When someone deliberately withholds praise from someone who expects or desires it, the result is that the other person will go above and beyond "normal" standards of behavior in order to receive the praise. Deliberate accusations of "being naughty" when a child has done nothing wrong provokes both frustration and desperation; the child will seek greater approval and affection from the accuser so that he or she will see that the child has never been naughty enough to merit such accusations.

Now, children who mimic this behavior (when interacting with other children) are simply following a personality blueprint that is copies an adult's behavior; this would suggest some emotional damage has already taken effect. However, as we are discussing the potential for a spirit child talking with your daughter, there are several options: 1) She is simply a deceased child who, through loneliness, is trying everything she can think of to get the attention/affection of a friend; 2) She is a deceased child whose actions are in obedience to a more powerful spirit or entity; 3) She is not a child, but is a spirit who has assumed a childlike form, either from a need for comfort or for camouflage.

Option 1 of the above is the most positive scenario, I admit, while number 2 is sinister, and 3 is divided into tragic or disturbing. Even if my first guess is correct, that it really is a lonely little girl, she's not going to have positive long-term effects upon your daughter. This is a spirit that needs to be moved on from your home and well away from your child. This entity will NOT move on of its own accord; it's had 18 months of attention; it will not go away when a simple escalation of phenomena will bring additional emotional attention from you and from your husband.

Twilight posted the link Rook's cleansing, which is not religion-based but is entirely compatible with any belief or practice. You need to perform a ritual cleansing of your home. You would do well to have everyone, including your daughter, help with clearing out negative spirits & attachments. If there is a second entity in your home (rocking the pram, etc.), the ritual allows positive spirits to remain where they are if they are happy.

Do not move from the house, yet; don't even think of running away from this issue. If you approach this situation with fear or terror, you'll be giving up the valuable strength of purpose you need to confront/remove this spirit. It's YOUR home, YOU are defending YOUR child! Running away only invites pursuit; be brave for your family and fight for what is yours!

Best,
Biblio.

P.S.: I tried to post this FOUR times, with inexplicable loss of signal, connection, etc. I don't know if that's significant interference or just random electrical issues --both are highly likely in my case, I'm afraid-- but I felt more & more determined to get this message to you each time it failed to transmit.
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-04)
UnsureMum - These experiences can be extremely unsettling and it seems to me you there might be more than one entity in your house. I don't get the impression that they are malevolent but I have learnt through personal experience that it's better to send them on their way sooner rather than later. I'm speaking only for myself but when I have gone into "ignore" mode the activity always seemed to step up a notch.

I agree with other posters that a blessing/cleansing could assist you. Besides that, I believe that it is always helpful to attempt to send the lingering spirits on their way. Often they become stuck in this realm and simply need a nudge or two. I don't know your religious beliefs but perhaps you can find somebody to assist you. I can't imagine anything worse than being stuck on this earth when I would be so much happier in the spiritual world where I would belong at journey's end.

As far as your daughter is concerned: Often children truly do have imaginary friends but with what you have described, I believe it might be more than that.

There are many accounts on this site about children connecting with spirits but unfortunately I can't give you all the links. I can however give you my own link where my son had an experience with what I consider to be a very friendly spirit. What is interesting here is that another YGS member also commented on her own daughter's experiences.

I don't like to punt my own stories but you might find this, plus the comments, quite interesting.

Https://www.yourghoststories.com/real-ghost-story.php?story=24564

Regards, Melda
Socracy5 (3 stories) (64 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-04)
Hi UnsureMum, It's indeed a terrifying situation for every mother when the matter is on something concerning their kids. Your worries are legitimate but why is it only targeting your daughter?, probably there is something in the house that that spirit attached to it. You mentioned the voice calling out your daughter's name is that of a girl, how old you say it may be?

You see, the child spirits have a tendency to get drawn towards the humans of their age as they might be jealous of their lifestyle which probably they didn't received even after their death, or maybe they just want to make friends as they must've been feeling lonely after being alone for all these years. Their psychology resembles much to the humans children,.

From your description I can say that it tries to get along with your daughter but it also gets jealous too which is not so good in most cases. If you would research a little on the background of the house you might be introduced to the reason for this spirits' attachment.

But if you feel it's causing any harm to your family members I would suggest you to consult a psychic well experienced in such cases, if you practice a religion of any kind then consult your local priest for a cleansing ritual, there is also a religion-free cleansing method performed by psychics either of these would help to decrease the effect of the spirit on your family.

I will pray for the well-being of your family

Regards
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-03)
https://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=8155 I'm not sure if I did this correctly or not 😕 as I've never copied links before, but hopefully this is right. But here's the link to what I hope is Rooks page. Hopefully it can help you.
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (320 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-03)
Welcome to YGS 😊 my opinion on this, I agree on not having your daughter having any communication with whatever is bothering her. I feel that in doing so, it will possibly just make matters worse. Do you know any history on your home? Maybe something has happened there, that would help you understand what you may be dealing with, like possibly someone passing away in your home before you lived there? I know some young children being so young and innocent in their age, are more sensitive to the other side, and are able to see and hear things others can not. I have 3 kids, and my oldest son when around 2 to 3 years of age, started talking about seeing things that I could not. Luckily by the time he was around 7 or 8, he didn't seem to see anything really anymore. Now my youngest child, who's 3, has been talking about seeing things. My middle child is my only kid that never seemed to see anything fortunately. For now, I would highly recommend a cleansing of your home, to ward off any bad spirits that may mean any harm to you and your family. We have a respected member on this site, that goes by Rook, who has a highly recommend cleansing ritual on his page, that others on here have used, and swear by it. If I can figure out how to post his page to you on here, I'll try to send it to you, otherwise you can look him up on this site, and go to his page where he has it. I hope as for your situation, that it doesn't get worse, and that you will soon be able to get your home back, as well as feel comfortable in your own home. I wish you the best, and thank you for sharing your experience with us here, as I hope you keep us updated.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: