You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Spirits Getting Too Close For Comfort

Real Ghost Stories

Spirits Getting Too Close For Comfort

 

I didn't expect to be writing another ghost story on here so soon. But since having my first story published, I've encountered three more spirits.

The first one I've already posted about in the comment section of my first story; it happened a few days after the story was published. Like I said in my comment, it was an older man who was balding in the front. He was standing by my bedside staring down at me. He got closer than any of the other spirits I've seen. I promised myself I would to take the advice from people on here about asking the spirits what they wanted. That went out the window though and I ran down my hallway again. When I came back to the room, the man was gone.

The second spirit was also an older man; I remember he had on a blue polo shirt and black glasses. He was standing a few feet away from my bed and looking around. I looked at him and told the spirit to leave me alone. He disappeared instantly. I couldn't sleep after that and just thought about what happened. I realized the spirit looked a lot like my great-grandpa. He was even wearing the same thing my grandpa had on in a picture. I don't know if it really could have been him because he died well over 10 years ago in another state. I didn't know him well either; I probably met him only a handful of times.

When I got up the next morning after seeing the spirit, I saw two scratches on my left leg just above the knee. I don't know how they got there. I didn't shave the night before and don't have anything on or near my bed that could have caused it. However, anything could have caused it and I haven't ruled out a natural explanation for it. What do you guys think?

I don't know if this one could be a ghost encounter or not. I decided to put it in here anyway to see what you guys think. It wasn't actually a person but huge beetle-type bugs. I had woken up at around 12:30 at night and looked to the wall on my right where my window was. There I saw three huge beetle-type bugs crawling on my wall. I freaked out and not just because I'm scared of bugs. A few days before, I randomly woke up with five small bug bites on my left leg, so I thought these bugs were real and were the ones that bit me. I jumped up and turned on my light to see they were no longer there. I searched my entire room to see if they were just hiding but I couldn't find them anywhere.

I saw the bugs the night after I encountered the spirit that looked like my great-grandpa. After I saw the bugs, I thought back to what happened with that spirit. I had told him to leave me alone. I know this next question sounds far-fetched but I have to ask it. Do think the spirit was angry with me for telling him to leave? That he made these bug appear before me? Can spirits even do that?

The final encounter happened last night. I've been having trouble sleeping for the last three weeks and have no reason for it. I haven't been able to fall asleep before midnight no matter what I do.

It was around 1:30 am and I was lying in my bed attempting to sleep. I glanced over to my door and saw another figure. I don't remember if it was a man or woman but I'm leaning more toward a woman. This woman seemed to be glowing and had on a white night gown. I remember distinctly that this woman was floating, not walking like other spirits I have seen. She wasn't high off the ground, only a couple of inches at the most. This next part is hard to explain but I'll try my best. When I first saw her she was floating toward me then she disappeared for a millisecond. She appeared again by the end of my bed but she didn't stop there. She continued floating toward my wall. I sat up and asked her who she was. She then disappeared again and I didn't see her after that. For the next 10 minutes or so, I felt like someone was watching me. I had been scared so I didn't move at all until the feeling went away.

My cat also has been acting incredibly strange for the last few days. He stares and perks his ears at things that aren't there. He's chased something around the hallway and stared at the same spot every night. Maybe it's just because he has better vision and hearing than humans and I just don't see or hear what he does.

I am getting tired and scared of these spirits appearing before me. I can't sleep with my door shut anymore because I'm afraid one of them will show up. I can't help but open my eyes every few minutes to see if someone is watching me. I can't sleep without my cat on my bed because whenever he is with me, I don't see spirits. I don't know what to do. I'm afraid I'll encounter a really violent spirit one day.

Other hauntings by EvaRains

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, EvaRains, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

NiNiNogginHead (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Animals are supposed to be able to see things that people can't so I would keep an eye on your cat to see if they stare at certain spots because it could mean that a spirit is there. If you don't see spirits when your cat is around it could be because the spirits avoid the cat for whatever reason.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-06)
ok then that is a metaphor that I am seeing. I think it means lost, dark and crowded.

I would do what Rook said. It may take a while but you need to keep at it

As far as the insomnia. This kind of like, which came first the chicken or the egg?

I developed insomnia when I was a teen because I could not sleep in my house with the energt that was in it. I would take 6 or 7 tylenol pm's (this was very stupid and I'm very lucky nothing bad happened to me, but I was an ignorant teen)

That being said, even though I was so drugged up I wasn't able to fall asleep. I always fel scraed and tired. If could be that your insomnia has been created as side effect to you not sleeping on account of your new ghost train station. Or you had insomnia to start with and now you are seeing things. People don't realize how taxing it is on the brain when you don't sleep.

I've worked with a lot of recovering drug addicts and the people who used illegal uppers (crystal meth) had the the biggest problems. Not just from the drug alone but by the lack of sleep. Staying awake for days on end will make you start to see things, hear things, and feel things that do not exist.

So I would suggest Rooks cleansing and work from there. You would also benefit from meditation.

First you need to protect yourself before you meditate. Sit in a quiet room. Imagine a white light surrounding you, warming you. Say to yourself or outloud, "only the purest white light is allowed to be near me, my house, and my friends. The white light protect my home and those I love and hold close. Expel all the evil that wishes to do me harm. No dark is permitted to be here and must leave now. The purest and whitest light I accept you into my life to protect me from the dark."

When you are doing this. Breath in slowly and breath out. Imagine when you breath in that you inhale the white light and when you exhale imagine the dark being sent out of your body and being destroyed once its out.

Imagine the white light surrounding your house and imagine dark bouncing off of it. It can't get through and you are safe. I think this personal cleansing along with Rooks cleansing would be a good step in the right direction.
EvaRains (3 stories) (4 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
Thanks for all the comments:)
Lp2298, I wish I could get a paranormal group.
Cocoa, I will look for some of that.
Jazzeyjay,I don't remember having any dreams like that.
Rook, I've researched every thing that this might be; it might be insomnia. I will try your cleaning soon, thanks for it:)
JordanElizabethBell I will start watching my cat more closely from now on.
Redphx, the activity is somewhat new. I've seen things ever since I was a kid but not often; it just started to get more freguent a few months ago. No I don't have any forest around my house.
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
wait a minute I went back and read your first story and found that you played with that board. You always had the "sight" and now you've opened something up and now you get traffic.

The big man that you saw with the hat I've come to believe is for a certain purpose and he won't harm you.

You need to follow Rooks advice
redphx (4 stories) (827 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
one thing I am curious about. Is this activity new? Something seems to be off in your room that someone ghosts are being able to get in and out without having a connection to you or the house. Meaning, you have a lot of traffic. Those bugs could have been just energetic entities. Yes, lower levels have insect type creatures too.

Something seems to have shifted. You may have a portal somewhere. If you've stayed in this house for a long time something could have just re-opened one that was closed or one is around your house in the yard.

Do you have a forest type area in your back-yard or beyond the property of your house? In my mind, I keep seeing them come in through the trees. I don't know what that means.
JordanElizabethBell (7 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-05)
Right the first thing is that you should always have an eye on your cat, because it is thought that cats and dogs can smell, or see, ghosts or strange happenings, when ever your alone and feel like your being watched always call for your cat for it to come and comfort you in your time of need, always check your cats eyes to see if its watching anything and not looking away or if she/he is snarling at something random, let's say a chair it could mean that something is there sitting or near that object,
Hope that helped!
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-04)
EvaRains,

If you are suffering from insomnia this may be causing hallucinations. If this can be eliminated then there is a chance you are 'sensitive' and that could explain why you are seeing these spirits.

Please feel free to try this Cleansing and Shielding Method. It should at least ensure that no negative / malevolent spirits are 'getting in'.

(The personal shielding is explained towards the end of this...)

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
jazzeyjay (3 stories) (215 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
EvaRains: Question! Do you have very vivid dreams and are they so vivid that you can actually feel, smell and touch things in your dreams? The reason I ask is because mine are very, very vivid. I am a sensative and I've also seen spirits since I was a small child. I dreamt of the death of my sister's best friend and she showed me her grave in the cemetery and I woke up the next morning and she really was dead at the hands of her boyfriend. After her funeral, she was indeed buried in the spot she showed me in the dream. I have had so many other dreams and can smell the scent of flowers, feel and smell the grass underneath my feet, feel the hot sun beaming down on me or the cold if my dream is a dream of winter. I can walk into a home and tell you if it's haunted or not. I think that's what's going on with you. I believe you may be a sensitive and a clairvoyant as well. If so, then it will never matter how much you run, hide, duck, dodge, cleanse or smudge. Spirits are going to be attracted to you because you are going to appear to them like a lighthouse standing by the sea and that's just the way it is! You might talk to them and see what they want and see if you can help them cross over. Some of them may not even know they are dead. If you continue running from them, they will continue to frighten you, just like a living person will, if they know you're afraid of them, they'll just get a kick out of scaring you.
I hope this helps you and hopefully, you can get someone with abilities to assist you with this and getting some of these people to cross on over to where they need to be.

Bless you always and thank you for sharing!
Cocoa (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
I'd be out of that house in a jiffy. You're certainly braver than me. I'd like to give a recommendation to'Dragon Blood'. It is an incense used to cleanse a house or a person (I think it works on people) After researching I actually learnt that it does work and has helped me with a bothersome spirit scaring the living DAYLIGHTS out of me.

Much thanks,
Cocoa 😜
lp2298 (23 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-03)
OMG! I feel so bad for you. I would get some paranormal group in there. Ask them to have the spirits leave and stuff. Heck, contact that show The Haunted on Animal Planet. 😜 Try to look online for things to get rid of ghosts like Holy Water.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: