You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Murder In The Building

Real Ghost Stories

Murder In The Building

 

I was house hunting and very reluctantly so. My father was selling our house, the place I had grown up and as haunted as the old place was, it was still home to me and my ghostly friends. I guess it was time to move on. I needed a place urgently. I contacted a friend of mine and he said he had a place. So I told my dad about it and my dad said I should buy it before I even saw the place.

Anyway, we came to check out the place. The area was awesome, very tranquil and secluded. I loved the pathway that led through the fields to a little house at the end. There were lots of birds I knew I could spend hours watching.

We walked towards the building. As I set foot on the entrance I got a push back. I had goosebumps. A chill ran down my spine. I panicked. I told my dad we had to turn back and that I couldn't set foot into the building. My dad just glared at me and told me to check out the place. Trying to ignore the voice and my gut feeling, I reluctantly followed him. As soon as we stepped into the apartment I was overwhelmed with peace, though I was still preoccupied with the initial experience and feeling I should not be there.

My dad convinced me to buy the apartment and I did. My boyfriend (now husband) and I began renovations on the place. A few weeks later we happened to meet the man who lived in one of the ground floor apartments. He was tinkering with his bike. My boyfriend and I had just pulled over in the driveway. The man looked up and nodded at us. We proceeded towards the building when he called out to us. We turned. He walked over to us and greeted us in an overly friendly manner. We were pleasantly surprised. He then asked us if we knew about the murder. We were both taken aback by the question. I frowned and asked him WHAT murder. He complacently replied, "The Godwin murder." I told that I had heard about that murder I did not know it was in this building. The man moved to the entrance and stood in one spot. "He was stabbed right here on this spot. These are the blood stains and he died right here on this spot!" He stepped on to the entrance just next to the fuse boxes. I got a jolt. "Are you sure he was murdered right here?" I asked him, my eyes as wide as saucers. "I was there. I saw it!" he replied a little gruffly, thinking I did not believe him.

What was shocking is that the spot he had pointed to was the exact same spot I had felt a push back. I was overwhelmed with fear, pain and anxiety. A chill ran down my spine.

A few months later I moved in. One night when I was going to bed one of my dogs was acting rather strange. She stared at a corner in the room, whined, gave a paw to the air and rolled over to get her belly rubbed. I got goose bumps. Later my neighbour told me that Godwin loved dogs.

Another time I went up to get something from the roof of our apartment. It was sundown and I was feeling rather over-anxious. I ran to the roof, picked up what I had to and ran down. I felt as though I was being watched. I could sense something leaning by the doorframe and smoking a cigarette. I went to ask my neighbour about it and she told me that Godwin loved to sit up there and smoke. I stopped going to the roof at sundown after that.

In spite of there being a murder here, this place is not haunted and extremely peaceful though the area is a little weird at night. Other than that it's quite ghost-free and I do love not having to live in a haunted house again.

Other hauntings by Charmsdes

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Charmsdes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Charmsdes (8 stories) (20 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-10-21)
Hi all, I apologize for the delay in replying. Real life has a habit of getting in the way.

[at] Mrfear, my home is actually very peaceful. The area is a bit weird. I lived in a haunted house for 33 years of my life and this is actually quite amazing. It feels really super to be able to sleep uninterruptedly an entire night. My home is actually paranormal free apart from an occasional visit from Godwin.

[at] Koolruud Thanks mate. It was rather funny... When it was happening and kind of spooky too. She did it again and this time one of my close friends was sleeping with this dog in the bedroom and my dog gave her paw to the air, rolled on her back and whined. My friend raced out of our bedroom and she was like "OMG! I believe you! Your dog just did exactly what you described." My husband (the non-believer) called all three of us delusional.

[at] Ind_83 what details are you seeking exactly? I'll definitely answer all your questions. I promise I won't take a year to do so.

[at] Polo, thanks mate!

[at] Chadlee... The push was more like a psychic push. It came into my mind. It was not like a physical push. I got goosebumps and a chill down my spine. I just knew something was not right. I'd describe the spot as something full of anguish, fear and then nothing. I felt the fear. Once I was up in the apartment it was all sunny and positive. It felt right. When I moved in it felt right. It felt like I was home.

[at] Joshuakeys, my apartment is rather sunny, far from haunted. I lived in a haunted house for 33 years. I had both scary and non-scary experiences in there. Mostly scary ones. Ones you would see in a horror movie. Moving out of the house and into my own place I discovered the joys of sleep. Proper sleep. Wow! My health is fine, I hardly fall sick here, the air is positive and not like a dark cloud hanging over me sucking out my life. I'm happy here.

[at] Dragonstorm, he isn't a resident spirit. He comes and goes but then again not too often. That's okay. He's not evil.

[at] Moongoddess, I can walk into a place and I know exactly what's in the house. Whether is a happy place or sad place. I used to be able to predict the future of the family as well. I don't do that anymore because one of my predictions for a friend was accurate. I described his death to the T about six months before it happened. When I read about his death in the papers I just froze! I try not to go there anymore. I try not to "know" things.

[at] bratslovergirl, I did get all the details on the murder. My neighbour was in the house when it happened. There was a party in the apartment nextdoor to her. A bunch of smokers/ druggies. Some druglords. Godwin owned one of them money. The druglord got a little angry after a few drinks and demanded Godwin to give him the cash. Godwin did not have the money. He broke a beer bottle and pierced Godwin's stomach, then he pulled it out and pierced Godwin's eye. His eye came out. It was gruesome. There was blood everywhere. Godwin died on the entrance step. The druglord escaped. He was caught a few days later. It was pretty gory.

[at] Moonwolf, Thank you... Everything is super calm. I just don't go up to our rooftop at night because it freaks me out a bit. Other than that the place is awesome.

[at] Rockangel, not everyone is privileged/ cursed enough to experience stuff like this. I can point you to some haunted places in Goa if you like. I've had some pretty nasty experiences in my home where I lived for 33 years. I'm almost tempted at times to ask the family there if anyone of them have had similar or any experiences there at all. Be thankful you have not had any experiences. It's not really pleasant. I've had some very horrendous nights in that house. Unimaginable. My dogs would refuse the same areas I hated to go to after dark. At first I thought I was imagining things but when my dogs would get spooked too I knew there was something terribly wrong and I knew I was right about the house. You can mail me on angel710 at gmail dot com (no spaces of course.)
rockangel13 (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-04)
Hi, nice story.

I live in India, too, but how come I've never experienced a SINGLE thing?! 😭 😠 My friends have experienced certain minor things, and I don't know whether to post it or not.

Nice story. Did anything happen after that sundown incident? Hope you had a peaceful stay! Take care.

Rockangel13
MoonWolf (15 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-05)
I totally agree with x77 on P. Lotus' comment.

Charmsdes, I'm glad Godwin hasn't harmed you in any way. Hope everything remains calm, take care. 😁
x77 (1 stories) (23 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-07-12)
hi princessLotus,

According to the story,

The one who told that the Godwin loved dogs is Charmsdes's neighbor, not landlord.

Besides the one who showed the murder's story and blood stains is just the man who lived in one of the ground floor apartments, not the renter.

So there is no need for you to be allergic.
bratslovergirl2011 (1 stories) (26 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
Did you find anything else out about the murder? And have you had any more experiences since then?
princessLotus (2 stories) (555 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
You say the place is quiet & ghost free, yet your dogs acts as if she sees a spirit & you feel something looking at you & you smell smoke. The landlord tells you the dude that was murdered loved dogs & smoked at night...? Huh. Also why on Gods earth would arenter bust out with a murder story that he witnessed & point out blood stains to a tenant?... So sorry but this story is making my allergies flair up. I am allergic to bullsh!t, after all.
MoonGoddess109 (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
I've had similar experiences when walking into a new place, but I don't think it's ever been so strong like what you felt. Sometimes I feel uncomfortable in a place and don't like to stay there long, other times it's just one room, not the whole place. It feels weird to feel like someone is watching you, but it's good that you felt peace and safe in the apartment. Good luck!
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-11)
How cute that he loved dogs, I am sure if there is his spirit in the apartment it certainly sounds harmless and I'm glad that things have been going so well for you.
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
charmsdes, Good experience & nicely written, any more encounters with Goodwin? He seems to be a good spirit loitering around. As far as your house/Flat, Its not at all Haunted, Nothing to worry.

Thanks for sharing

Josh.:)
chadlee2003 (1 stories) (31 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
so tell me more about the inital push? Was it like holding you in place or like trying push you away?
Polo (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
Wow Charmsdes, very good story indeed. 😊 Thanks for sharing.
ind_83 (55 posts)
-3
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
[at] charmsdes - I liked reading your story, but if you gave some more details then it would become much clear story. Other than that it is interesting & like mrfear672india I am also glad that the ghost didnot do any harm to you or others. 😊
koolruud (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
Hey Charmsdes,
Wow, this is a good read. Honestly, and about your dog pawing in the air and rolling down to get her belly rubbed sure is creepy. Thats what my dog does quite a lot though. Thank god the spirit is not harmful. Thank you for sharing and Take care. 😊
mrfear672india (106 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-07-10)
Hi charmsdes,
I too from india, andhra pradesh.
Its very spooky, you have dare. How can you be in that home? If I were in your place I will ran away from there.
Though he is not harmful.
Iam wondering that how he made you dog friendly in that short period of time.
That shows his love commitment towards dogs.

I thank god it didn't hurt you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: