You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: The Haunted House Next Door

Real Ghost Stories

The Haunted House Next Door

 

I've read a lot of the stories here and I am really happy I can get a chance to share my experiences. I have had a lifetime of experiences. Some good and some not so good and some absolutely terrifying. I will post all my experiences bit by bit but I will start with the earliest one.

I've lived in a haunted house for most of my life, 33 years to be precise. I hated certain rooms in the house. I would not venture into certain areas of the house after dark. It would just make me get all nervous.

The first incident happened to me when I was six years old. My parents had gone out for some party. I was left behind with my brother who is one year younger than me and our two nannies. The minute my parents left I started feeling uneasy. I wanted to get out of the house and go find them but it was soon going to be bedtime.

Our nannies put us to bed and I couldn't get sleep. I was restless and nervous. Soon everyone in the room was asleep but me. The lights were switched off and the room was in semi-darkness thanks to the full moon and the streetlight that was just outside the bedroom window. It was cold.

I clambered out of bed and walked to the window to listen for my parents' car. There was no sign of them. My head turned towards the house next door. No one had lived there for a few years and I hated the ominous look its silhouette had in the full moon light. My eyes slowly went to the terrace of the house.

I saw two figures. One black and one white. Now there is NO WAY anyone can get to the terrace any other way besides the staircase which is indoors! I was shocked. At first I thought I might have been dreaming. So I looked again carefully. There in the moonlight, in a corner of the terrace were two figures as large as life. Fear gripped me, my heart felt like it was going to explode. I tore myself from the window and clambered into bed not knowing whether I was dreaming it or it was real.

A few years later I heard that the house was haunted. The two bachelors living there had left it because of the goings on. Doors slamming, cupboards opening and closing itself, furniture being moved around and all that jazz. That would explain the figures I saw that night.

I am not sure what the area was before it was converted to a colony... But from some of the experiences I had I get a distinct feeling of a battlefield and some kind of burial ground.

Thanks for reading. I will post some more stories in the near future.

Other hauntings by Charmsdes

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Charmsdes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Charmsdes (8 stories) (20 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-06-23)
Wolfeyes sorry for the late response. I honestly wish someone could have helped me in my growing years. At least now those experiences are all memories. There's a new family living in that house and I am so tempted to ask them if they have any experiences like the ones I did. They live in the most haunted part and I am so curious to find out. The last time I stepped on that property I could feel unrest there, lots of it.
wolfeyes72206 (32 posts)
 
12 years ago (2011-12-31)
love your story, that would be me to go and see lol that is what I like doing, I help those who are being haunted by the evil lol I would love to see that.lol
Charmsdes (8 stories) (20 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
Thank you for all your comments and feedback. I really appreciate it. I will be uploading more stories as soon as the submit story page is up again.

I did try to do some research but as far as I know it was a burial ground of some sort. However, through the years of being there in the house all I could feel was negativity and animosity. There was a heaviness in the air. Also, the place was close to a British Cemetery and I know the entire area was weird after 12 a.m. And at its worst on full moon nights.

I agree I was 6 years old and I DID have an overactive imagination but the feeling of fear of was real and gripping. That was the very first incident I DO remember. There were loads more right through my life. Towards the end of the time just before we sold the place things had gotten so much worse.

I was eleven when I did find out about the house next door and the experiences some of the tenants had there.

Doors slamming, whispers in the night, footsteps, running taps, breathing in my ear when no one was around... It was all there. Feelings of being watched constantly, weird animal behaviors, all the signs were there. We've always had dogs and the weirdest thing is that the dogs would NEVER enter certain areas in the house after twilight, COINCIDENTALLY the rooms they wouldn't enter would be the exact same places I would not enter.

I was always ill in that house. I had more down days than up days but after moving out of there three years ago, I have not had to face a single day of illness of any sort. There were constant fights, I used to be severely depressed for no apparent reason... Everyone was vicious and abusive and angry all the time in there.

A couple of my uncles also had weird experiences and so did a friend of mine. All these coincided when I had experiences of some sort as well.

Feel free to mail me at angel710 [at] gmail.com if you would like to discuss/ share experiences. I have done extensive studies on this subject.
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-04)
Interesting story here, Charmsdes. I would suggest researching the area as well.
That would've been so scary! Especially seeing as though you were only six years old when you saw that.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
haengbok1987 (1 posts)
-1
13 years ago (2011-09-03)
That was so scary! I didn't even attempt to look at those houses nearby too when it's dark outside. In fact, I don't want to scare myself. I'm also a nervous person. And I don't want to see a ghost! 😲 *chills*
gannubhaibtech (32 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
Nice story. Well, India is a country which has got many religions, traditions, cultures and varied mythologies. I'm from southern part of India, and its very common here that parents and other persons who take care of kids often get them to behave by telling them that if you don't behave, some demon or ghost will attack you and stuff, well it was how I and many kids for that sake were brought up. This leaves some residue in our brains. Next come, our elderlies, they talk about various myths and weave stories might even be their personal experiences and we tend to pick it up, kids are inquisitive and curious. So it might have been these, I'm just guessing but if its otherwise please correct me.
Let that be, in your story/experience, you were six and kids that age have active imagination so it might have been that or the real thing. But can you describe more of what you saw, may be I can research it. You mentioned you lived in a haunted house for 33 years, did you or the family take any measure to make it a happy house? And more importantly, was it only you who felt this happening or were there any others in your family who had such experiences, and did you talk to them about this and/or try to get some concordant statements about the house that you observed the figures on in the neighborhood. Where in India are you from? And may I know the location of the house specified?
Do keep us posted on more experiences
Regards,
Ganesh
JarMan (guest)
+2
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
Some rooms just make us feel weird or nervous. A lot of people I know dislike basements. If a room has improperly shielded wires or something and you have a over abundance of EMF in your room or house, it can actually create a sense of fear and foreboding.

As far as seeing figure, it could have been a lot of things, it could have been punk kids breaking into the house, it could have been a dream, it could have been someone actually did live there.

I know there's this spooky-ass old house down my block and my friend's wife tried to keep saying it was haunted and that everyone moved out a long time ago.

One day I just knocked on the door, turns out a family lived there and they were just too lazy to keep repairs, cut the lawn, that sort of thing.
DeviousAngel (11 stories) (1910 posts)
+1
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
Very interesting indeed! I do like your descriptions. You said you saw two figures, one black and one white. Do you mean you saw a light figure and a shadow figure, or are you referencing their complexion? Did either seem to emit a "glow" or anything? Also, you can usually look up the history of the area you live in from public records at the local library or county office. Speaking of which, I think I have that very task to complete myself this weekend... >.>
luckkyme (6 stories) (63 posts)
 
13 years ago (2011-09-02)
Interesting story! You should research the area and see what you can find out, it might be fun to know. But I do like this story, I can imagine that must have been purplexing and scary for you at 6. I've had similar experiances where I'll swear I heard someone say something but there's no one there and I think 'did I really hear that? Or did I imagine it?' hah. I can't wait to hear your other stories!:)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: