You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: The 400 Year Old Murder

Real Ghost Stories

The 400 Year Old Murder

 

This experience occurred last week, when I was sitting with my cousins in a hotel room talking about the place we were about to visit the next day... We were talking about the Agra Fort, which was built by the famous Mughal emperor Akbar. We talked and laughed until about midnight when everybody decided to sleep. I dozed of when suddenly I woke up hearing a male voice shouting Haramzadeh, a Persian insult. As I got up I saw two men, both dressed in very vintage clothes, the types they wore during the Mughal era, one of them stabbing another with a dagger merciless and then the crying sounds started. The cries of pain went on 2-3 minutes and then everything vanished into thin air!

I was totally shocked and did not move. I did not sleep that night, waiting and waiting when my cousin would wake up. Finally as morning came I asked every single one of them that did they hear anything or see anything? They all said I must be crazy or trying to scare them. I swear what I saw was not a dream, but it was definitely two people who I saw completely in my senses.

When we visited the Agra fort a guide to us about the emperors foster brother who stabbed a minister 400 years ago. The legend is that the Foster brother yelled Haramzadeh at the minister before stabbing him to death. I am totally freaked out. I did not know about this and I saw the same thing happening in real life in front of me without anyone knowing!

If anyone else had a similar experience please tell me because I really want to know. This is the first time I have seen a ghost or some spirit, I want to know that is this good or bad, please help.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Ayoush1556, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

saamri (1 stories) (11 posts)
 
6 years ago (2018-04-02)
Hii ayush... Akbars minister shamsuddin atkah khan, was murdered by mahamangas son, mahamanga is the maid who took care of akbar since his childhood... The day atkah khan was murdered in his own chamber, tht day onward akbar punished mahamangas son by throwing him to death from forts top thrice...
This murder scene has also been enacted in 2008 hritik roshan starrer bollywood movie "jodha akbar"
tigrisvpm (11 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-21)
[at] Ayoush, I agreed with Hunterjack's comments. This is due to combination of your dream and things. And may be chances to paranormal. Did you enquired about that room?

Thanks for sharing
Tigris
HunterJack (4 stories) (26 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-07)
hi Ayoush1556!. I liked your experience and I want to share my thought about your story. I think the hotel room you stayed is may be associated with paranormal activity as you experience this. And may be something bad like suicide/murder associated with it. Do you enquired about that room?. And the one thing is as you and your friends decided to visit agra fort, you will imagined about its history and previous incidents in the fort. So both haunted you. While you and your friends chat about that fort, that entity or somewhat in the room decide to haunt you!
seetobelive (2 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-16)
Sorry my mistake I mixed up Agra fort with Taj Mahal while reading I got carried away 😕
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
+1
7 years ago (2017-06-13)
Seetobelieve,
Actually, you are the one in error. The Taj Mahal and Agra Fort are two completely different sites located at least a mile from one another. Agra was built, as Ayoush stated, by the third Mughal emperor Akbar.
Here is a great link to a more in depth history of the site: http://asi.nic.in/asi_monu_whs_agrafort.asp
seetobelive (2 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-12)
Hi Ayoush I think u have mistaken it. The famous Taj Mahal was built by emperor Sahajaan in loving memory of his wife Mumtaz. Not by Akbar 😕
AugustaM (7 stories) (996 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-08)
The murder may have taken place in that place (granted, I have no idea how old the building in which he was staying was though a 400+ year old building still functioning as a place of business isn't entirely unheard of - or it may have occurred in a building, which previously stood in that spot), 400 years have a way of blurring certain details. The guide in the fort may have referenced the story because it was related to the emperor who built the fort and may have had some influence on subsequent events in the history of the fort.

I agree with Azrael, I think this is residual and I have heard similar accounts of murders creating residual haunting a so it seems at least possible to me.
Macknorton (5 stories) (646 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-08)
Hi Ayoush

Thanks for sharing. Have you had any psychic experiences prior to this one? Can I ask: Have you seen or heard anything ghostly before? Anyone in your family psychic?

How did the tour guide know about that stabbing four hundred years ago? What an amazing coincidence that you witnessed that event the day before the tour! That must have blown your mind!

Maybe you foresaw the future rather than witnessed a residual haunting? It would surprise me if what what you saw was, in fact, a residual haunting as from what I understand is that residual hauntings happen in the location of the event.

You appeared to have travelled to this Fort Agra? How far from the fort was your hotel?

Sorry for all the questions. Intriguing indeed...

Regards
Mack
AzraelX (8 stories) (115 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-06-08)
If you could do some more research...
Whether the Ghosts did affect anyone physically?

If it was just a scene of two men stabbing each other, with sounds etc., it could be a residual haunting.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: