You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Girl In The Window

Real Ghost Stories

The Girl In The Window

 

This story happened to me when my partner and I first moved into out current house 4.5 years ago. My partner had been staying at his mother's house for the night as we had been fighting a lot and decided to have some time apart.

After I had put our two boys to bed (they were 2 and 3 at the time), I decided to message my partner and invite him to come over so we could sort some stuff out.

I was standing in the lounge room watching him walk down my street and through my gate. I walked out onto the veranda to greet him and also so we could talk without waking the kids. Instead of being greeted with a kiss, a hug or even a, "Hey, babe, how was your day?" I got asked, "Who was that little girl standing next to you in the window?" I looked at him strangely as there were no little girls in my house, only me and my two BOYS. I shook my head and replied, "There was no little girl standing next to me. The only kids in this house are Tim (name changed) and Sid (name changed)." He looked at me quite strangely and said, "When I was walking down the road there was a little blond girl standing beside you holding your hand." My partner is not a believer in ghosts, so for him to say this it must of had some truth to it.

I have been living in this house for almost 5 years now, and I constantly hear cupboards and draws opening and shutting late at night when I know for a fact everyone is in bed asleep as at this point in time only myself and my partner live here.

Every now and again I do see a little blond girl peeping around corners, but she always disappears before I can look at her and I don't see her again for quite some time.

Things are forever going missing or being moved, more of my partner's stuff then my own: car keys, bank cards, you name it. He puts it down in a certain spot before we go to bed and the next morning it has been moved. We now have two girls together and although my boys are only his stepsons, he raises them as his own. They are currently living with close family friends, so I know it is not them moving things or banging things in the middle of the night.

With all the experiences I have had in my life, I find it hard to believe that I'm going insane, so there must be another explanation!

Other hauntings by kristy-lee1985

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, kristy-lee1985, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

kristy-lee1985 (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
no I never said I saw her long before my partner did, I said I said I saw her long before my kids were taken, I', not "hell bent" on anything. As for the attitude, what attitude? I didn't realise that thanking someone for the question was attitude. You can say my stories don't make sense all you want, if you read what I wrote properly I'm sure they would make perfect sense, my kids were taken in November 2008 and the little girl was seen in May/June.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
Kristy-lee - you never mentioned you saw the little girl long before your partner saw her holding your hand. Your story seems to change with each comment you make.

Maybe if you had less attitude, we'd be able to help you. I wasn't poking holes in your story. I was trying to provide other reasons for something happening. But if you are "hellbent" on it being a ghost, by all means... You have a ghost.
kristy-lee1985 (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
well to begin with I have been seeing this little girl since before my kids got taken, second the things going missing are within minutes of me putting them down, but thanks anyway. He isn't completely brain dead so he isn't stupid, he ALWAYS put his stuff in the same spot every time, but every now and then they get moved. There have been many things that have happened in this house that have made me wonder exactly what is happening, some as recent as only a few days ago, am just not sharing anymore because it seems people are more interested in poking holes in my stories then they are about asking question to clarify things as you have done, thanks for your question, much appreciated
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
kristy-lee - I have a couple of crackpot theories for you. You said your kids have been taken from you, all four of them, and that your husband has minor brain damage from an accident.

I'm just wondering how much of the items being moved can be attributed to your husband's accident. I set things down and later can't remember that I've moved them until afterward and I wasn't in an accident. Even getting an "all clear" from a doctor doesn't mean that your husband won't set things down and later go back, pick them up and set them down somewhere else. Or even you. It's human nature, it happens.

You said all 4 of your children have been taken from you. I'm sorry, but that just has me wondering so many things. I honestly think that could "create" an image of a child in the home, whether a ghost or not. Maybe real, maybe imagined but I believe this can happen.
kristy-lee1985 (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-03)
newhunter, I did indeed tell them it was okay, I actually encouraged them by asking questions to "sarah" and they told me her "answer". No I don't doubt my kids, if they say they see these things then I believe them, I see them so why shouldn't my kids? 😁
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-03)
Kristy I don't mean to sound rude or like I am down playing your parenting ability but have you told your sons that it is ok to talk about these things. I know many of times parents are to quick to shove these cases aside as "imagination" and the kids feel like they are trapped into dealing with these situations alone. I am not implying this is what you did just stating how they may feel.
kristy-lee1985 (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
thanks mickey ill try that yes I think the boys were talking about another spirit as they seem to of formed a friendship with miss sarah with the white hair. I moved then from one room to another and had no problems with them of a night. Hopefully now that they are older things will be different, when they come to visit my youngest son will go into their room and play but by oldest seems to stay away. Don't no if he still remembers and is staying away for the same reason or weather its just a coincidence. I think the other half is a little but more open now as he has a friend he goes and see's quite regularly and their house is haunted as well, he has seen, heard and witnessed things at their house that he nor anyone else can explain. He just doesn't like talking about it I don't think
MickeyN (2 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
That's interesting-- it seems we both have a little girl haunting our houses! (Different girls, of course.) I take it your partner still doesn't believe in the paranormal. I wonder how he explains the little girl to himself.

You mentioned that your boys thought their room was the "scary" room and your daughters could not get settled in that room. It's odd that the boys would call that room the "scary" room if the ghost girl is haunting it, since they seemed not to be scared of her when they were talking to her. Do you think it could possibly be a different spirit in that room?

Objects getting moved are kind of annoying. If you can't find something and you suspect a ghost moved it, ask out loud if they could please return it to where you got it from because you really need it. Next, walk out of the room for a minute so they have some time to put it back. It sounds silly, but it actually works.

Well, best wishes to you and your family! Keep us posted if anything else happens. 😊

-MickeyN
kristy-lee1985 (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
the boys have not lived with me for a few years so no they don't, I don't think they even remember to be honest. They are due to come home soon and will be sleeping in the "scary" room and are now a lot older so we will see what happens
stephyw2001 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
Do the kids ever talk about seeing anything? Most people would agree kids are more open to seeing spirits than adults. Just curious
kristy-lee1985 (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
as for doing more research, I have tried but got a whole NOWHERE 😢 I don't mind this little girl hanging around, I think my boys may have brought her here without knowing, I took them for a drive one night a few months before to a place that is said to be haunted up here and they started talking in the back seat, they were sitting behind drier and passanger seat and middle seat was vacant but they were both looking and talking to the middle seat, when I asked who they were talking to they said "the little girl", "what little girl" I asked and was told "the little girl sitting here (pointing to middle seat" apparently I got informed her name was sarah and she had "white" hair they had not long turned 2 and 3
kristy-lee1985 (4 stories) (44 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
second, my partner will NOT talk about it, he does not believe in the paranormal, when I did speak to him a few months ago all he said was "when I was walking down the road, I looked towards the house, I saw you standing in the lounge room window and there was a little girl with long blonde hair standing next to you holding your hand" he gets frustrated and blames himself for things going missing as he was in a bad car accident years ago and suffer minor brain damage so he blames himself for misplacing things, I no its not only him misplacing things because it happens even if I put his stuff away, my stuff never gets moved it only seems to be his stuff so far ❤
kristy-lee1985 (4 stories) (44 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
yes I'm glad to report me and my partner are on MUCH better terms now 😁 when my boys did live here they always use to say that the middle bedroom which they slept in was "scary" but I thought nothing of it as we had been here for only 6 months before they were taken away and put into foster care, whenever I went into the middle room with my daughters as babies before they too were taken they would not settle, were very unsettled, would not got to sleep until I took them back into the main room. My partner
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
As other posters like hi5girl suggested, why don't you do more digging into the history of the house?

I would also like to get the answers to reddysteady. I'm also interested in what your kids experienced both the girls and the boys. I know you mentioned that both your boys don't live with at this point but they must have experienced something while they were with you.
reddysteady (5 stories) (95 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
Short and sweet! Nice story - Have you thought to delve in deeper and do a little research? How does your partner feel about the spirit? Annoyed, frustrated, does he blame you for items disappearing and reappearing? Have your kids experienced anything at all?
ashville (3 stories) (42 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
Hi Kirsty - Lee, from the sounds of your story, seems like a friendly, non threatening spirit, and you and your partner are on better terms I take it?:) If so, then I would say that speaks volumes. But yes keep us updated should you find any info on the house and girls history.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-02)
Well that's a nice narration of your experiences in that house. You said that you have been living in that house for nearly 5 years and you kept on hearing cupboards and drawers being opened and closed, seeing a girl moving here and there, objects getting moved are generally related to paranormal experiences. I hope that the entity is not harmful from what you have explained in your narrative. Have you discussed this with your partner as his things are getting moved from one place to another. Well you can investigate. Thanks for sharing your experience. Keep us posted of any further experiences.

Regards,

SDS
hi5girl (16 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-01)
maybe you should check the houses history because the girl could be related to an accident. Hope you find out:) with love, Nicole (aka hi5girl)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: