You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: A Bad Visit From My Great-grandmother

Real Ghost Stories

A Bad Visit From My Great-grandmother

 

As a little child, when my great-grandmother (grandfather's mother) was alive, I used to be scared of her. Only reason I was scared of her was because she had these spots all over her skin. I was little so I did not know what that was. Every time my mother took me to visit her, I would cover my eyes until we left. When I look at her pictures now, I still feel a little uncomfortable. Many people in my family say she was good, but others say she was really bad. I could not say if she was good or bad when alive, but her being dead makes me think she was bad. Now I will tell you why that is.

Moving to an apartment in Tampa was okay at first. The first couple of months went by good. I was not seeing or hearing things, which was making me happy. All a sudden one day at home I was feeling down for no reason. I would cry without knowing why, my head would spin round and round so fast. I told my grandmother how I was feeling and she had told me to take a nap and maybe I will feel better when I woke up. Half an hour into my nap, I started to hear someone call my name. I thought it was my grandmother, so I woke up and turned around to see my grandmother there, but there was no one. I got out of the bed and walked to the living room and asked my grandmother what's wrong and she said she did not call me at all. I did not pay no mind to it and said to myself, that was me just dreaming and thinking it was really someone calling me. I had went back to sleep and in the morning I woke up with bruises on my lower leg. When I touched them, it did not hurt. I could not find how I got those so I decided not to tell anyone about it.

That morning I felt a little better, but my head was still spinning though. I went out to the pool and when I got back to my room, all my clothes and my bed sheets were thrown on the floor. I called my brother thinking it was him who threw my stuff on floor but he told me that he was still in school. That is when I started to get a little scared. I picked up all my stuff and put them away. After that I had a feeling of just staying in room and not wanting to see or talk to anyone. I lay in bed and listened to music on my Ipod. While listening to music, I fell asleep and woke up in middle of the night to the smell of burnt candles. I looked around my room and my candles were not lit or smelled burnt. So I opened my room door and all a sudden a cold breeze hit me. I went to turn off the AC but it was off. I started to shake a little while looking around the house for the burnt candle. I suddenly jumped to the sound of my room door shutting closed. Everyone in the house was asleep so I knew than that it was not human that was messing with me. I ran to my room and closed my door and looked all around the room but nothing or no one as there. As I usually do when I am scared, I got under my covers. So that is what I did. Then I was hearing as if lots of people were in my room talking together at the same time. Then after that I did not remember anything, but woke up in the morning with a huge headache.

My grandmother always told me, "In the light you cannot see the dark, but in the dark you can see the light." So with her always telling me that, I decided to sleep that night with the light on. I did not wake up until the next morning and felt good. One problem was that I woke up with more bruises but on my upper leg. My day went by well. Night came and I took the holy water and sprinkled a little bit on my bed and all over my room and some on me as well. I felt free in the next few hours. But then my bed started to shake a little and I was hearing the same voice as the last time say my name. I sat in bed and looked around and suddenly saw a hand reach out from the bottom of my bed. I screamed so loud but no one heard me. I quickly lay back down and put the covers over me and started to pray. My covers came off and I saw my great-grandmother and she was squeezing my arms and telling me, "You're next. You and your grandmother will pay." Then she would laugh and squeeze my arms harder. While this was happening, my room was filled dark with blue light as if it was fog and black shadows running across.

After that I woke up in the afternoon and ran out my room and did not want to enter my room anymore. My arms was filled with bruises and it was hard for me to explain what happened the next day to my grandmother.

For me to be able to sleep in my room I have to keep a rosary on my bed and a Bible in my room next to my bed. I still feel uncomfortable sleeping alone in my room. There are still days when weird things happen, but this was only time my great-grandmother appeared to me and I have no idea why.

Other hauntings by YoungBee

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, YoungBee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Elemental_Angel (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
7 years ago (2016-12-19)
That doesn't sound like a ghost to me, that sounds oddly like a demon. Be careful, and I suggest praying before you go to sleep. And keep a Bible beside your bed.
YoungBee (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-01-31)
If you like this story check out my blog WWW.MyScaryStories.com ill be adding more stories on there every week =) and if you have any stories feel free to message me on twitter so that we can hopefully put yours there to.
Bejek (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-03-02)
I'm really sorry, but this story just jumps all over the place. To begin with why would anyone in the family say she was "bad" and why would you ever have that impression to begin with?

Further, I don't really believe personally death would change a person's behavior unless they died a horrible or violent death. And a lot of times victems simply reach out for help, they don't attack other people.

The cold spots could be anything. As I've said before thin walls, windows, poor insulation, these are just a few examples of cold spots. Coldness has a funny way of creeping into places it normally wouldn't.

Bruises are no indicator of anything. People can easily bump themselves and get bruised without even realizing it. I've done it myself; finding odd bruises on my body I have no recolation of.

The same thing can happen with scratches. People can get micro scratches on their body, sweat and suddenly they have "scratches" appear on their body. It's a result of the micro scratches being annoyed by the sweat.

The dizziness could literally be anything, from hormones, to a medical condition to being sick. And if it continued could be a sign of a underlying medical problem.

For the most part everything you've described with the haunting appears to be before or after you sleep. It's entirely possible you are having night terrors and it's completely possible to have waking nightmares as well. The human brain is amazing and it's possible for people to hear or see things that aren't even there. Compound that with the fact it sounds like you convinced yourself you are being haunted and it only makes everything worse and stressful. Humans can easily make minor problems become huge issues.

Living in a complex could explain the noises, I mean I live in a house but I can hear the neighbors get home at night and their talking or car doors slamming sound like it is coming from downstairs in my house.

There's other things I am curious about, like where did you get holy water from? I used to be a church goer and I've met other Pastors and Priests and they take all accounts of hauntings with a grain of salt and usually require more then just someone's word to give them resources to bless a room or a house. Most of the ones I've met do not like encourage the idea if a haunting and will look at other alternatives first.

What happened to you, the only person who will ever know what really happened was yourself, but for me, just reading the story it sounds like a poorly written work of fiction. I mean seriously why would your grandmother be out for revenge?
gypsywitch19 (3 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2014-03-02)
Here's what happened: you saw a bruise from nowhere. You're subconcious said "hey if we keep getting unknown bruises we might start looking like greatgrandma if they don't fade comepletely" then when you fell asleep and your subconcious said "hey let's have a dream to work through this stress and people said great grandma was mean let's dream of her laughing at me for looking spotty.
Amie_16 (2 stories) (104 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-05-11)
Hey! I like your story but I think you are ill and as you said about the bruises that you didn't tell anyone about them so I'd like to tell you that these bruises could be hell bad! My aunt started having these bruises and then doctors diagnosed that she hadn't sufficient platelettes and also she started seeing such things, but later she had a surgery and she's fine now so, never hide such a thing! And when you sprinkled that water did the bruises fade?
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
[at] knakash25 - my mother always said 'to dream of the dead is to hear from the living". I assume you meant seeing those who have passed on in your dreams? I don't think it's anything to worry over.
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
I need to agree with BrokenTree and Rook on this one. Illnesses can play tricks;have you seen a doctor? Or has the ailment cleared up?
Also, could you elaborate on "I would wake up to see that my room is some other place"?
This might sound odd - but do you have any pets like a cat? I ask this because sometimes, while sleeping if mine lays on my leg or such, the pressure can seem like someone grabbing me. Sometimes his weight will even leave a bruise, but then I bruise very easily.
I also do not understand why a preist would refuse to come bless the house. Perhaps try a different priest?
I hope you find some solace and comfort soon.
Kamcho (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-18)
Wow, this is truly amazing and frightening experience. I had goose bumps all over me and feel the chills still after reading this. Do you know if your grandmother did something to your grandfather's mother - in that she held a grudge against her?
Chrsw72 (22 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-30)
WOW! It sounds like great grandma was indeed a dark entity! I would try the holy water again-BUT sprinkle it EVERY where in the house and on the outside perimter. All the while stating your faith in God (out loud) and that Grandma needs to leave as she is not wlecome! Good luck!
knakash25 (2 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-08)
frndz is it normal to get dead people who was your frnd once in dreams? Please reply
NiNiNogginHead (33 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
I think you should talk to your grandma or another family member about it and ask what she could have meant by "You're next. You and your grandmother will pay". Something might have happened between them that made your great-grandmother angry with the rest of the family.
YoungBee (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-09)
[at] geetha50 Brujeria means witchcraft in spanish

[at] zetafornow I always have holy water in my house. I always make sure that I have some in the house in case something happen.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
Have you asked your mother or another family member if there was some "bad blood" between these two? If I were you I would start there. Look into your family history. Usually one can find a talkative aunt or someone who is willing to divulge all of the family "secrets".

A question for you; where did you get the holy water from? Was it from this same priest?

Thanks, zeta.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-08)
First of all, I agree with lsandhu about seeing a medical professional. I'm not saying you are crazy but it's good to rule out anything that can be explained away by logic.

Secondly, I'm not sure why a priest would not come to your house to do anything. The least they can do is to bless the house and you. If they are not willing then I suggest that you follow Rook's attention.

Lastly, you mentioned that your grandmother was a "...brujeria and in a bad way". Sorry to ask but what is Brujeria? Just asking because I don't know what it means.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-07)
You need to discuss these disturbances with your doctor or another health care provider who may be able to help. This could be the result of a treatable sleep disorder and nothing more. You've already admitted to being uneasy about your grandmother in life and death, and your subconscious fears could be manifesting as a part of your sleep disorder. I would not jump to conclusions and think that your great grandmother or something worse is stalking you. I know there have been other disturbances (such as your things being disturbed) that have happened during the day, but once you've convinced yourself something paranormal is at work, random coincidences may be interpreted in a way that feeds into your conclusion. Someone else could have disturbed your things, you could have left your room messier than you thought and forgotten or your brother could be pulling your leg. All this must be ruled out and even if there is something paranormal at work, you could still have a sleep disorder making the situation worse.
YoungBee (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
[at] Lilady4 I spoke with my grandma and all she told me was that she use to do brujeria and in the bad way. And weird thing is when I try talk to a priest about it, they tell me they can't do anything.

[at] sarah84 Can maybe be that. Happened before but was taking the form of my grandfather.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
I'm on the fence with this one... Not because it's not 'possible' but because 'physical aliments' have not been eliminated. Having said that you may find some comfort in doing this for your home and yourself...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
sarah84 (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-06)
could it perhaps be a demon taking the form of your great grandmother?
Lilady4 (7 stories) (427 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
I would also suggest talking with a Priest or maybe even your Grandma about what that meant, "You and your Grandma will pay!". I would try and find out what happened in the past or something like that, so you can find the reason for the haunting. Otherwise, I would perhaps talk to your GP seeing as though you may have an ailment as BrokenTree has suggested.
Love & Light, Rachel ❤
YoungBee (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
[at] 1spooky I do talk to God all the time especially when things like this happens. But lately when I do, my room feels more heavy and dark.
1spooky (1 stories) (9 posts)
-1
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
There is the chance it isn't a human haunt. This is also saying we've ruled out all logical possibilities. Things seem to know exactly how to mess with us, whether it's to fuel emotional charge or for it's amusement. Try talking to God about it.
YoungBee (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
Lately the only thing that been going on is feeling as if someone is grabbing my leg while I am sleeping and I would wake up to see that my room is some other place and would hear my great grandmother calling my name.
BrokenTree (76 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-08-05)
Bruising can be explained by your having anemia or another ailment such as Von Wildebrand's disease. Since you did not feel well when this happened, you may have been feverish, resulting in powerful and very vivid dreams.
There appears to be no reason why your great grandma would single you out since you didn't really know her. Has anything happened lately?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: