You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Ghost Grabbing My Feet

Real Ghost Stories

Ghost Grabbing My Feet

 

I have read a story about someone grabbing his feet. The same thing has happened to me for about two weeks already. The second time that I felt someone grabbing my feet, I saw a what looks like a ball rolling up my bed under the covers. I screamed and jumped out of my bed and ran into my son's room crying. Waking him up, I told him to check my bed. He did and found nothing. Like I read in the story, I too cannot stretch my feet to the end of the bed. I have to sleep in a fetal position.

The grabbing of my feet is between 6:00 am and 6:30 am. I have spoken this to my psychiatrist, and mentioned that I am not crazy. She agreed, she said that she also believe in spirits. I felt relieved that I was not crazy. She said maybe I should have someone come into my home. At first I thought it was my son messing with me and when I looked at the end of my bed he was not there. Then I thought it was the medication that I was on. So my doctor changed my medication and found out that the same thing was happening.

I do not know how right this is, but my son downloaded a ghost meter on his cell phone. He put it under my bed and the meter went crazy. I even tried sleeping on the couch and the same thing happens to me no matter what room I sleep in.

Can anyone tell me what is really going on? Should I be afraid? Because it does freak me out! Does anyone have any advice of what should I do? I have lived in this apartment almost a year and never had experienced this situation before that someone or something touching my feet.

I lived in another apartment 14 years ago and things happened there. I saw things but lived with it for 7 years. My children heard things

Too at that apartment that would scare them. It would not happen every day. This touching of my feet happens every other day. It wakes me up out of a sound sleep.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Massachusetts

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Toni0217, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Toni0217 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-22)
Thank you Jav, I appreciate your input. If I am sensitive to the spirits then my children are too. At times it scares me then other times I just let it happen. But your are right, I know that they are there. Because it keeps happening to me. I remember that I was young not sure of the age at that time I kept hearing a voice saying to kill myself. It even got to the point that I would go to he kitchen draw to look at the knifes. It seem like I was in a trance. Then when I told my mother she believed me and started to look at things she got from people and started cleaning those things out. But at the time when I told my mother my brother said the same thing that he heard a voice saying to kill himself. After that when my mother cleaned house I did not hear it anymore. So it has started with me every since a young age. Thank God I do not hear that any more. I will take your suggestions and will let you know. Thanks Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
Toni,
If you have trouble finding a group let us know. There may be others here who know of resources in your area. And please keep us updated on your progress.

Jav
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-19)
Toni,
What do I think? I think your haunted. I don't know know if it's bad luck that you moved into another apartment that is haunted, or if you brought something with you from the last place. But you are definitely haunted. My first suggestion is to get a paranormal investigating team in to check out your place. And in the meantime you need to use the cleansing and shielding method that Rook laid out for you. Be proactive in this. Don't wait until more things happen, start now. Know that these things are more prevalent because you are sensitive to spirits. You may have been dormant for years with this sensitivity, but you are able to sense spirits, and they know you can. That's why you notice more activity. But start looking for a paranormal team now. We may have some listed in the directory on this site that are from your area. If not, you can do a google search for one. Don't hire anyone who wants to charge you for their services. It's one thing to offer to pay for their cost of the gas it takes to get there, but nothing more, okay?

Jav
Toni0217 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-18)
Ok Jav here it goes I moved in my apartment. My bedroom was in the front of the apt and my children's room was in the back. I was privilege to have one extra room. One was the living room and the other we called the Indian room because I have many Indian statues that I had made ect ect I thought this was fitting because we lived in Plymouth, Ma (if not familiar it is where the Plymouth rock)
The first night that I moved in the boxes where not unpacked yet. I woke up and heard the kitchen cabinets door open and close. I got up thinking that my kids where up playing. I checked on them they were sleeping. At that time I did not think anything about it. In the summer time my kids where always playing outside. I was in my bedroom talking on the phone I felt some one sitting on my bed. I told my friend hold on I think my kids are here I looked under the bed, and all around my apt, I went to the phone told my girlfriend what had happened. She thought I was crazy.
Then one night my son was in the Indian room screaming I got up and said to him why didn't you come in to my room he said he wanted to but he saw a monster on my bed.
I woke up on night to see a little boy at the end of my bed he was blurry but I can make out that he had on white pajama and dark hair. I kept rubbing my eyes saying to myself this can not be real.

another night I was talking to my oldest daughter my back was against the cabinet. I heard the cabinet open and close behind me my daughter ran around the table. I asked her did you hear that, she said yes.
One night I heard some one walking in the attic dragging a ball with chains like a prisoner would have on when they are in jail the older times.
the next day I was doing my younger daughter hair and she said Ma I heard some in the attic walking with a ball and chains. I was shocked that she heard it too. I asked my neighbor could he walk up in the attic? He told me are you kidding no one can walk up there it is a crawl space. At that time I asked the neighbor down stairs if she experienced any thing she said her daughter talks to some one in the fireplace.

I was in college at that time I took psychology. We were talking about ghosts. I told him about my experience. After class a student came to me and asked me where do I live I told him. He said his buddy lived at the same place and he saw a hand come out of the fireplace and moved out. This is weird a couple had two children they lived right under me. My landlord came and asked me if I saw them if I saw them? I said no so he went into the apt and they left furniture and clothes. Never heard from them again. I am sorry that this story was lengthy. But this brings me to now. I live in another apt now. My children still talks about that!
Yes I Google about ghost and I read a story about the ghost grab their feet, I said the same thing happens to me. Others wrote that they have the same experience. Which brought me to this. I still do not sleep in my bed. I sleep on the couch. The other day My grand daughter and I was sitting on my bed watching a movie she said grand ma did you feel that? I said what? She said the some one kicked her in her back. I asked was it hard or soft she said soft. My son and I have seen figures walking in the dining room. With out telling him what I saw. I too have saw the same thing. What do you think Jav?
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
I was interested in your story, until it seemed like you were shoving the "must be paranormal" sword down my throat. I had even gone through the trouble of compiling information to see how I could help, that is until you threw the first stone. I hope you find the information you are looking for, but my opinion (which I am freely allowed to have) stands...
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
Toni,
Yes, you should have included more of that information. Things like the cabinet doors and other people witnessing specific events goes a whole lot further when we read them all together. But you have read stories on this site before, correct? Because this is the normal process of question and answer that we go through when trying to figure out what's going on and what could be the source of the attacks you have been receiving. If there's any way of you maybe getting this information in order of when and where it was that these things occurred, don't worry about dates, just the types of events and who witnessed what, where it occurred, and when. It would go a long way in trying to figure this all out. You can either put it all right here or resubmit that as your next story if you like.
It's the best I can do for now. I'm sorry you are frustrated with the process and I hope we can find a way to work this out.

Jav
Toni0217 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
Well is that the way you feel, so be it. I have to tell you that I was in a apartment that there where things going on and you can not tell my it was some magmatic force. Cabinet doors opening and close. Sitting on my bed my children even heard things like someone with a ball and chains walking in the attic where there is a crawl space. This scared me one night and I put the covers over my head, the next day my daughter told me that she heard the same thing. Coincidence NO! I was on this site and read the what someone had wrote and that is why I came on this site. No one questioned this person they had similar experience. I do not really believe in ghost... But they are demons that can mess with you. It is not RLS I checked with the doc. Now in this apartment when was alone my son was over his sister's house I saw a figure that had some kind of dress it was white and gold. When my son returned home I said I saw something and he said was someone wearing white and had gold stuff on the clothing. I said yes without me telling him what I saw. I live in Fall River, Mass do you remember Lizzy Bordan? Not sure it I am spelling last name right I believe there are places in Fall River that is haunting. Fall River has a history (battle ship cove) etc etc. This town use to be called Troy now it is Fall River.
Maybe I should have written in the other post and probably get more response. I think that you have a negative mind. Demons are real and I believe that they exist. I use to read tarot cards. My children said I should get rid of them and I did. I am still being taunted People who have opened mine are except able to These things and I am sorry that I had to read negative stuff from my story. I will contact someone who would believe me... And Yes I believe my grand daughter saw something in my room.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
In the interest of avoiding drama, I'm going to bow out of this thread. Have a good day.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Toni,
I'm sorry that the comments don't make much sense at the end, but when I was asking the others about the RLS, I didn't mean to suggest that it may be the same for you. I was only asking them what to do about it because my husband has it.
My suggestion to you remains the same as when I posted the first time. You should perform the cleansing and shielding method that Rook has posted for you. Many people here use it all the time, and regularly. It rids your home of negative spirits and negative energy. The shielding method is a protection against it returning. All of this works. You should repeat it if you feel you still have negativity hanging about. The difference should be felt almost immediately. The atmosphere should feel lighter, not so heavy as before. Most people here swear on it.
Good luck Toni. Ignore the comments below that you don't understand. We sort of got a bit silly about something else and those posts were deleted. The ones that were left do make it sound strange, but it was nothing important, I assure you. Sorry for any misunderstandings.

Jav ๐Ÿ˜Š
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-15)
Toni,

Let me (try to) explain just what we mean when we talk about EMF (Electromagnetic Fields (Frequencies)...

An electromagnetic field is an invisible, physical field created by electrically charged objects. All electrical devices such as appliances, power lines, or even batteries, etc., will have an EMF. The higher the voltage of the appliance or electrically driven device, the higher the EMF will be. Also, the EMF of any electrical device is often present, even when the device is shut off. EMF's also occur naturally and are one of the four fundamental forces of nature. As well, the sun constantly bombards us with electromagnetic fields. EMF's often occur in the atmosphere when electrically charged particles are built up resulting in thunder storms.

With these properties in mind let's look at what this 'Field' may cause/contribute to...

One of the first theories behind EMF's and paranormal activity is that a high and unexplained EMF reading could be an indicator that something is going on that cannot be explained, such as paranormal activity. This means that a Spirit/Entity is using the EMF in the environment in an attempt to manifest.

The down side to this is that High EMF levels can effect us... In other words there is nothing paranormal going on; it is the actual EMF that is causing the witness to experience what is perceived as paranormal. Increased EMF exposure... Even short term... Can cause frontal-lobe hallucinations. Some of the reported effects of being exposed to higher-than-normal electro-magnetic energy were very similar to those of paranormal activity. Things like the feeling of a presence in the room, being watched, fear and general paranoia, seeing blurry dark figures out of the corners of your eye, and hearing unexplained noises. (Based on a laboratory study conducted by Dr. Michael Persinger, Professor of Psychology at Laurentian University, Ontario, Canada.)

So High EMF's can be a double edged sword in any given environment. If only one person is experiencing something, then perhaps they suffer from an EMF sensitivity... If however numerous people are experiencing 'activity' and evidence can be captured then Spirits/Entities could be using the high levels of EMF to manifest.

I hope that helps explain just why a few of us 'old folks' seem so insistent on all natural/medical reasons being ruled out before the Paranormal can be considered. We are simply attempting to apply the scientific method to ensure we can not be called 'NUTZ'... ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

Respectfully,

Rook
Toni0217 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
Hi Mizmimi02. How can I explain this. One night I did not have the covers on me and when I felt a chill I put to covers over me the grabbing happened again. How can you explain that one morning I felt a hand on my inner thigh. A then one morning I was on top of my blankets I felt something toughing at my blankets. What is the ball the was under my covers rolling up towards me? What about my grand daughter seeing something in my room and she had me close the door? Just the other day I heard my father called my name like a whisper. (my father died a year ago in April) All that I had in my family was: my brother, mother and father all dead now.

You mentioned about your mother had it and she was bother by was it her legs. I am puzzled that your mother only has in her legs? Or the fact that my grand daughter saw something in my room

,
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
My other suggestion would be to check for any exposed wire or outlets near, under, over, above or around your bed in any way. If they are faulty, the magnetic field can cause hallucinations, vomiting, blurred/changed vision and a host of other issues.
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
I'm not quite sure what you were expecting? You were given some suggestion as to possible cause, but it seems like the only suggestion you're interested in hearing, is someone telling you that it was paranormal. I am interested in hearing why you are so sure it was. How do you know it isn't RLS, sleep paralysis or any of the millions of other things it could be?
Everyone here tries to give possible explanations for what occurs, on the off chance that the OP hadn't thought of that yet. If you are looking for someone here to tell you that everything happeneing is a spirit, I'm sorry but you won't get that here.
Yes, I did read your story, and even commented on it. As far as the rest, a few of us got off topic briefly and that's where the time frames came from.
Toni0217 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
PS, what is everyone talking about 6 hours I said it happens to me around between 6am to 6:30 am that is only a half hour. Did you read my post right?
Toni0217 (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
[at] Trix Ok everyone one thinks it is RLS then what I saw when I woke up to a ball rolling up on my bed. Update, My son woke me up at 4 am and asked if I was ok? I said yes, I just woke up. Then I felt something touching my inner thigh. I believe that this does not have anything to do with RLS. As I mentioned the apartment that I had 14 years ago I would hear things I was in college and did a research on the ghosts and as I finished my paper something tapped me on my shoulder when I handed my paper I told my teacher what had happened. She laughed and said "Maybe they where telling you a job well done!"

To mentioned what I got on my paper was a B+. But with all kidding aside. I have read the bible before I go to sleep and have prayed. There are times that I have yelled out loud and said leave me alone it will stop! I would just fall a sleep and it would happen again. I have Neuropathy in my feet when someone touches my feet, I feel them touching my feet and it feels numb.

Therefore when this happens to me I do not feel numbness. There are times when I feel it stroking, and playing with my toes. I will differently try the cleansing method and see if it stops. But I must mention that when I first moved here. My lights where off in my bedroom. My grand daughter said " Grandma something is in your room please close your door. I know you can not fool children they are more acceptable to things like that. At first I laughed at her and said there is nothing in my room. She was pointing and follow it with her finger. The look on her face made me get up and close the door. It does not have anything with RLS. She saw something, and when I am near my bed I am very uncomfortable. I have bad feelings just standing at my bed. Like I said before what is the rolling ball that I saw right after I jumped up? Any more subjection on this matter!?
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
I can do that too you know, but you don't see me showing off, do ya! Lol ๐Ÿ˜œ
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Yeah! That's another thing! That up and down crap! What's that all about?

Jav
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
What creeps me out is when they make their pecs move up and down. Eww, EWWWW I say!
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
What is it with guys always having to flex their muscles?

Jav
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
I just noticed that I am 2 away from 200 posts! In that case, I will require you to also announce that to the evening news. Lol I thought it was 6 hours, but hey I'm no expert here.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
If it lasts more than four hours... You are supposed to call a doctor...right. Four hours! I'm calling the evening news!

Lou
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
I'm just waiting for the hammer to fall on this comment thread. Lmao But I agree that 2 hours is a long time, perhaps you should see a Dr? ๐Ÿ˜‰
MizMiMi02 (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
In the interest of adding to the conversation, I wanted to state the following. About 2 years before my mom passed away, she was "diagnosed" with restless leg syndrome. This was due to having anemia and an severe iron deficiency. She described it as feeling like someone was constantly pulling on her legs, or having the feeling of something crawling on her legs. She would often jerk in the night, and wake herself up to feeling like she had been awoke by something. In any event, it may be in your best interest to get checked out by a dr. Good luck.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
TWO HOURS? No way it couldn't have taken that long! Sheeesh! ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿ˜†

Jav
MizMiMi02 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! 50, 50, 50 Characters for your greedy self!
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
[at] javelina and louslips - LOL!

505050505050505505050505050505055050505050550505050
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Hi, I wanted to ask the question like rook said that you saw a ball rolling up. Whether that happens every time you have this symptom or experience. That is one thing. And the ghost meter, like every one said, is of no use at all. So don't trust or rely on it. It may go crazy but I don't think that it is a real ghost meter. Follow rook's cleansing method and also try ruling out the possibility of Restless Leg Syndrome.

Regards,

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Toni0217,

Some good advice has been given, I'll even post 'my' cleansing and shielding method for you because it has been mentioned, but please have the RLS possibility looked into as everything medical needs to be completely ruled out before the Paranormal can be considered.

You asked directly about something... You stated this...

"...my son downloaded a ghost meter on his cell phone..."

It is MY OPINION that your son wasted his money for that download. The equipment used to detect possible spirit activity is designed to detect certain types of energy at very specific levels and no matter what kind of 'software' (the ghost meter app is a form of software) you program a cellphone with it will not give the phone the 'physical' capabilities to detect 'spirit energies'. Sorry, they just are not designed for that purpose.

You did say this..."The second time that I felt someone grabbing my feet, I saw a what looks like a ball rolling up my bed under the covers." So what you are experiencing may not be RLS (still have that checked) because of that please try this as Trix suggested...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
[at] shellzy,
Thank you for weighing in with that. That makes two votes for Iron so that's what we'll try next. This has been great. The only difference with Dave and his mom is that they don't wake up to it. Unless of course I scream from the kick, which I have done in the past. ๐Ÿ˜† But it seems not to bother them at all. They both are heavy sleepers, and my father in law and I are not.
What a world, huh?

Thanks again everyone, I'll let you know if it works for him.

Jav
shellzy (8 stories) (218 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
Hi Guys

Just have to jump in and say that I suffer from Restless Leg Syndrome. I often jerk myself awake after just falling asleep because my legs are going crazy grrr...

It was driving me nuts (and my boyfriend at the time) so I had a few tests and I was found to be lacking in Iron. I started on some Iron supplements and the RLS got much much better. This could just be me and what my body was personally lacking but it is certainly interesting!

๐Ÿ˜Š ๐Ÿ˜Š

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: