You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Night At Grandma's

Real Ghost Stories

A Night At Grandma's

 

My name is Lexi and I am 16 years old. Ever since I was a child, a small trip to Grandma's always ended up in a night without sleep. Her house felt evil. Like every corner I turned someone was there waiting to jump out at me. More specifically, the back of her house. The further back you went, the heavier the air was. You would enter the hallway, the first room would be to the right, which was my grandfather's office and the only room in the back house that felt somewhat normal. Next was the bathroom where, no matter what, you always felt watched. It was even more uncomfortable due to the fact that it was a bathroom. Lastly you would turn left and at the very end of the short hallway would be my mother's old bedroom when she was a teenager. That room was the most evil of all.

Countless times growing up I would run to the bathroom, do my business, then quickly run out before I saw something. Feeling was enough for me. As I got older, I started experiencing more. To be exact, a certain black figure. At night I would sleep on the couch, which faced the hallway. My Grandma would always leave the hallway light on so I wouldn't be in complete darkness. That only made it worse.

Every time I stayed the night I would stay awake, eyes wide open, staring straight at the black silhouette of a man. It was as though he was waiting for me, taunting me. When I was 14 years of age I saw him once again, but this time, I saw his wicked grin. It scared me so much that I didn't stay the night again for about two more years.

This brings me to about a month ago. I decided to give my Grandma's one more try. She had gotten a new couch with a new mattress for the pull out bed, so this time I slept on it. As cowardly as this sounds, I had my Grandma sleep right next to me. I usually toss and turn like crazy while asleep, but according to my Grandma the whole night I was as still as a log. At 5:00 AM my Grandpa got up to make his usual coffee and read the newspaper. I quickly jumped up to thought of him being awake. He was the only person I felt safe with in that house. We sat up in the living room and talked for about an hour, then he decided to go take a shower. When he left, I realized where I was sitting. The couch facing the hallway.

My Grandma already decided to go back to her bed, and I wasn't allowed in there, so I decided to tough it out and try to get a little more sleep where I was at. As soon as I was comfortable and had my eyes closed, there was a clicking nose right in my ear. I said out loud, "Stop it" and the noise stopped, but my legs and mouth paid the price. I felt something playing with my legs, then it got rougher. It felt as though claws were digging into my skin and something was piercing my lip. I tried ignoring it, but it hurt quite a bit. Finally I passed out from the fear.

I woke up a few hours later and found a long scratch down my leg and my lip had a little dry blood on it. I went home as soon as I could that day.

My story doesn't end there, unfortunately. Whatever had done this took quite a liking to me, so much that it decided to follow me home. Night after night my legs were scratched up, played with. I slept with my mother and still it bothered me. I couldn't take it, it was making me go insane, literally. I became depressed and started losing my connection to God. My family is not Catholic, but my Mother turned to holy water and blessed our entire house. It felt peaceful for quite some time, but things are acting up again.

As I sit here, writing this, I cannot distinguish whether something really is playing with my legs or if it's pure paranoia.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, LeafGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

LeafGirl (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
Thank you guys for all of your suggestions, to answer the questions asked: I did ask my mother if anything used to happen to her and she said no, weird things started happening after she bought a certain door. As weird as this sounds, if you looked at that door, something bad happened afterwards. After years of having that door, my Grandma realized that it was some sort of "portal" and decided to get rid of it. My guess is some entities were left over from it.

I have made my Grandma aware of what's happened. She refuses to believe I'm really in any danger and that the thing is a harmless little spirit.

I pray with holy water washed onto my hands every night, one night I even went to the extreme of putting it all over my legs and the rest of my body. I also sleep with a big, fluffy, stuffed pig and multiple night lights.

I've told it multiple times to go away and that it's not welcome, but it won't leave. I have blessed my house many times, my room specifically. At this point I'm more frustrated. I have gotten little sleep, and the only thing that truly frightens me at this point is if it were to reveal itself. I know I wouldn't be able to handle it.

Thank you for sharing your stories with me as well, I take comfort in the fact that I'm not alone. I didn't expect so many replies.
Kara1211 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
BrokenTree: She said she was sixteen. Sometimes, it could confort her, since she's still young. Make her feel better. It was a weak idea, but at least it was something.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-14)
leafgirl, try rook's method as he explained to you. Talk to your mother about her experiences in your Granny's place. Well, if something followed you to your house, that's really creepy. Bless your home. Be brave and don't get scared and that would make things worse. Nice narration. Thanks for sharing.

Regards,

SDS
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
Okay. I haven't read the other comments as of yet. I just wanted to write down the questions and comments before I forget.

1) You said that you have been going to your grandparent's place on and off for many years. Have you ever told your grandparents what you were experiencing and how you felt about it?

2) Did you tell your parents, especially your mother as she lived in the same house growing up.

Suggestions:
Your mother was right in blessing the house BUT when it comes to evil entities, it takes more than one blessing to get rid of it. You have to do it a few times for it to happen and once you get rid of it, do the blessing at least once a month to keep it out.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
LeafGirl,

Not sure what may be bothering you... Mostly because you have stated that this 'entity' followed you from your grandmothers to your home... Speak to both your Mother and Grandmother, see if anything ever happened to either of them.

You may find that this will help as well...

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Please keep us updated.

Respectfully,

Rook
4d (15 stories) (167 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-13)
LeafGirl,

Thank you for sharing your life experience, and if you feel you lost your connection to god, just ask someone that has God in their life to pray for you as I will now... ❤
hersweetestdesire (2 stories) (13 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
Oh sweetheart you must be terrified. First realize your not alone and not the only one dealing with this kind of thing. I saw in some comments before me people said to pray and read bible verses I agree. Tell this thing whatever it is to leave you alone. I hope things get better for you soon.
BrokenTree (76 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
Kara1211:
Please explain how a stuffed animal or imaginary friend could help in a situation like this. I just don't understand it.
Michore (30 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
Wow... I hope things gets better soon. I can give you advice that you could try. I have heard of stories a lot like yours, so I may know a thing or two that could help. Yes, praying and reading bible verses out will really help, there's life in that and it will bring peace, but it is not enough on its own. You have to get rid of "its" right to be there "and" its right to bothering you.

If its shelter is your mothers old room than it was probably let in by something your mother or grandmother did in the past, its shelter could also be an object in your mothers room.

The thing is, these things "right" to a persons life can sometimes be "handed down" from mother or father or older generations to the children, like an inheritance or family curse.

Ask your mother and grandmother to cut this inheritance from your life, and it won't have a right to bother you anymore, you can just chase it away and say it has no more right to be near you and should never ever come near you again in Jesus name. It has to leave you alone.

Anoint/bless your room, and play happy gospel music.

But getting rid of it when it comes to your grandmothers house is another thing, your grandparents has to get rid of it, if you'd like to know how you could always ask me.

I really hope this helps you, good luck!
ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
what you experienced is really intense. Did you ever try telling 'it' to leave you alone? It sometimes work. And try creating your protection barrier/bubble by visualizing that a blue or purple light flowing out of your body starting on your feet toward your head enveloping you while thinking that no malicious entity can harm you as well as 'they' can't get pass through your barrier or get near you. It might be hard visualizing at first but in time you could create a safe space around you.
bbuntin (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
Lexi,
My name is Brent Buntin, I am 17 years old. I just moved to TX. I too have had a similar experience, its giving me chills typing this and I haven't even told you the scary part. My best friend from Snow flake, AZ Hung himself. It was about 7 months after I had moved away to Sedona. When I found out I was crushed. I then moved into a new house with my Ma. And one night when I was asleep I woke up at around 1:30 am And I was wide awake. But here is the creepy part. The Second I opened my eyes I saw a shiny blue object walk out of my closet door and leave my bedroom. It was the blue lobo's jersey Chris would always wear. I closed my eyes in fear. About 5 minutes later, I decided to open my eyes. When I did that I saw Chris' face about 2 inches from mine. I even felt the breathe he took. I screamed louder than I have ever screamed. Nobody heard me because I was downstairs but Once I screamed my vision went black and went back to normal in about a 3 second period and he was gone. I have had no more activity from Chris. I just wanted to share. I now have the chills... Bad.
HappySpirit (187 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-12)
Since your mother grew up in that house, or at least was in her teens while living there, have you talked to her about her experiences? Did this shadowy figure bother her too?
Kara1211 (2 stories) (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-11)
I agree that would be quite terrifying. Have you looked into the history of your grandma's house? Maybe something evil happened there years before your grandma moved in. Or was it new?
I think I would look into that. If that doesn't work, the best advice I have is to pray to God to protect you. Maybe get a special "friend", like a stuffed animal or imaginary friend. Even if you are 16, it could work. I hope everything is better soon. 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: