You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Male Spirits

Real Ghost Stories

Male Spirits

 

I have been sensitive my entire life, my mom is as well. I have experienced some crazy things and I don't think I will ever lose the scene of fear I get when I realize I am not alone. Last night was one of my more frightening experiences.

Currently I am living in Wilmington, North Carolina with my husband in a rental house that is 54 years old. I usually read at night to help myself settle down from the day. I started to feel sleepy so I put my book down and I closed my eyes. I was in the state of being half asleep and half awake when I heard a very low almost raspy but clear male voice say, "Well, hello there". It scarred me half to death. I sat up and looked around but I couldn't see anything. My dog Oula was sitting on her bed staring at the blank space next to me in the bedroom.

My mom has always told me to try and not be afraid; fear gives the spirits energy. She taught me to talk to them, tell them they are scaring me and ask them to leave me alone. So, that's what I did and out of the corner of my eye I saw movement. I turned to looked and I saw what looked like a blob of transparent mass, almost like it was made of moving water. I started to talk to it again, telling it that I needed to sleep and asked it to leave me alone. As I was talking it moved toward the edge of my bed toward Oula. She started to growl and ran over to the bedroom door. After a while of nothing happening she went back over to her bed and laid down.

I'm not sure how long I was awake but I started to drift off to sleep when something poked me very hard on the back of my thigh. It came across my bed and poked me. I was immediately wide awake and I couldn't see anything in the room. I asked it why it poked me and told it that touching me was off limits, not OK. No sooner then the words came out of my mouth something grabbed my foot. I yanked it back and called Oula, who was growling, onto the bed. My husband didn't wake up at all, he sleeps like a rock. After a long while Oula and I both calmed down and I was exhausted. I closed my eyes but was fully awake and something yanked my hair. I opened my eyes, Oula was growling again and I honestly didn't know what to do. I started to cry and next thing I know my husband is kissing me on the forehead as he leaves for work. It finally let me be and I got some sleep.

I'm not sure what happened, if this was a passer-through as I like to call them or something more serious. I guess we will see what happens tonight. As a precaution I am smudging the house today.

I have been told by other sensitives that male spirits are attracted to me. I'm not sure why and it freaks me out. My husband is a firm believer, but only since he has met and lived with me. Any insight on what could be causing this?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from North Carolina

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, KLodato, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

KLodato (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-21)
Hey everyone, I have lived here for a little over a year now. I am not sure who lived here before however, I do know the house was vacant for a couple of years before we moved in. Since that night I smudged the house a couple of times and I have been actively saying blessings. Whatever was touching me is still in the house, I can feel it but it has not touched me again. It likes to push on the accordion style closet door in our bedroom, other than that it seems to be respecting my personal space. Hopefully things keep getting better, I will update if anything changes! Thank you for all of your help!
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-17)
The blob makes me think of ectoplasm.

Please do keep us posted if the entity apears again!

All the best ❤
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-17)
Hi KLodato, is there a way of finding out who previously occupied the house?

Also, the spirit seems to make easy contact with you, while your partner is either asleep or not around but is clearly not respecting your wishes. Could be just a mischievous ghost and appears to be more playful than malevolent at the moment.

You did say you were talking to it. Do you feel confident in communicating with it, or is its presence too uncomfortable for you?

Keep us updated and try to record all your experiences in a diary.
Rozo (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-17)
This is interesting, even with you clearly stating your 'off limits' this entity still believes it has the right to poke and pull.
Question, Do you or would you consider that it could be someone you knew that passed that is trying to make contact maybe feeling that it is alright to push it a bit further with you? But I see this made you cry so clearly you feel very uncomfortable with this presence.
Would you consider doing a seance? Ask Mom to help you out!
Keep us posted! Good Luck!
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-08-16)
[at] KLodato - how long have you lived there?

50505050505050505050505050505050

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: