You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Male Voice

Real Ghost Stories

Male Voice

 

I used to hear a strangled muffled male voice when I lived with my parents. No matter how much I searched I couldn't find a source and when I tried contacting a spirit I never got a response.

The first time I heard the voice (age 15) I had just walked out of my office and into my bedroom across the hall. My parents had both gone to the store and I didn't have a tv/computer/radio on. I searched to see if someone was in the house and it was just me. I'd hear it every so often when I'd walk out of my office but could never make out what it was saying. The voice always sounded the same and sounded kind of distant. It eventually stopped after a few months.

A few years later (age 17) I heard the voice again. This time it was while I was in the shower. I about fell down every time I heard it because it seemed like the voice was in the shower with me. Again I searched the house and found nothing. I never felt anything touching me, just the muffled voice. It got to the point I'd hear the voice almost every time I took a shower. Finally after about 7-8 weeks it stopped again.

Now I'm hearing it again (age 24). It seems to be at random locations and occasionally I'll hear the voice when other people are around. It sounds like its coming from right next to me but I still can't make out what it is saying.

I don't feel threatened by the voice, I actually feel kind of bad that I can't understand it.

Other hauntings by _edana_

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, _edana_, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

_edana_ (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-07-10)
It had been pretty quiet until a few nights ago. I have started hearing the same voice only this time he is very distant and soft. I've also started hearing soft music. It is only in the one room of the house. It is actually the same room as the figure was in my previous story. I'm not sure what to make of it. As I said before I play with an ouija board when something is bothering me (yes I know the risks, no I do not need a lecture on it), I went to go pull it out of the closet and yet again it has disappeared. I have searched the house and drilled my husband about it to no avail.
letaroO (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-03)
Oracle101, I wrote to you also on Psychic Experiences site. The problem I have is that I have a ghost of my past life lover in my flat. I think he is here because of me and because his death was accidental, so he can t let go. How can I guide it to back to higher realms? I really need your advice as feel I need to help him. Thank you so much for your help beforehand!
_edana_ (3 stories) (17 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-17)
Sadly the voice is too muffled to make out but it is distinctly male and it is the same voice. I have had other experience, check my previous stories, but none of them seem interlinked with the voice.
xXelliemayXx (10 stories) (164 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-16)
i once heard a voice telling me that he was getting closer when I woke up from a night terror... It was creepy!
So I'm sure you are creeped out to!
see27burn (1 stories) (20 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
This is odd, but I can relate. Very scary indeed. When the voice speaks to you what does it say? Or is is too muffled to make out?

-meg
syriakid (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-15)
Oracle 101

I recently posted a story called Haunted by a Stranger. I'd really appreciate your advice if you don't mind.

Syriakid
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-14)
Hi edana thanks for sharing, has anybody else heard this voice either or is it just yourself? Maybe this spirit cannot manifest itself properly, have you had any other experiences other then just hearing the voice?

Thank you

Dan
Oracle101 (10 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-12)
If a spirit contacts you in the shower or bed it can feel alarming, especially if you are female and it is a male spirit. If the spirit does not seem threatening and is only seeking your help then it may have chosen that time and location because you are accessible and not preoccupied with other things. This is also why spirits contact us when we are preparing to sleep.

Communication is not always possible as two-way conversation as we the living do. Instead the spirit is only able to access us for a very short time and cannot always respond to our questions. When this happens it can usually hear you but cannot reply. So talk to it asking it to next time say it's name, last name, and what it wants. Then keep your eyes and ears open for messages it sends you next.

Oracle101, Psychic and Medium for 43 years
Always happy to help others
For more advice on this subject and others click on my profile name to read my other posts
CA_NJGirl (6 stories) (31 posts)
 
14 years ago (2009-12-11)
So when you said you tried to contact the spirit, what did you do? I've had this type of experience my whole life and I usually find the best way is a direct response, like "who are you? I can't understand what you are saying!".

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: