You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Believe A Male Spirit Is Following Me... But Why?

Real Ghost Stories

I Believe A Male Spirit Is Following Me... But Why?

 

I think a male spirit is following me. I've been sensitive to the paranormal for a while (either that or I suffer from psychosis/hallucinations/etc/ and don't know it?). I will sometimes hear a deep male voice behind me when I am entirely alone. I can hear it so close to my ear as if someone is there. The voice makes it seem as though it may be a man from 20 to around 30, but I am not entirely sure. This creeps me out a little as I am under 20.

Sometimes I will hear something jingling but I can't pinpoint what it is. It's as if the presence is holding a chain of some sort, maybe one for a watch (like a fob chain?) or maybe something else. This has been happening ever since I was in another state before Florida. So perhaps something is following me? I don't believe it originates in this new place I am living in. I will even feel a hand resting on mine before I go to bed or on my shoulder and it unsettles me. I believe this presence originates from another state (NJ) I was living in for several reasons.

I remember, before living here, hearing a voice trying to alert my attention as I was drawing. It said, "Hey" a couple of times before giving up as I decided to ignore it. Around this time, I had too many bad paranormal experiences under my belt to want to communicate and only started getting more comfortable over time.

One night when I was sleeping, I woke to an apparition of some kind. I was sleeping on my stomach with my hand near my face and felt someone's hand on mine. When I opened my eyes, I saw a faded apparition of a man with a buttoned-up plaid shirt. He looked injured and he looked Caucasian. He had a weak smile and slowly faded away.

Is it possible that this guy may be following me? If so, why? What does this all mean? Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Florida

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, DirtCreature, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

BlackCatAttack (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-27)
Of course ^^
I only will include them in my submission because I believe they are tied to a ghost that has attached to me. I have had minor ghost experiences before going to sleep and upon waking up that I can get into. Thank you.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-27)
BlackCatAttack - don't forget, we don't publish dreams unless they are considered to be premonitions or visits from family/friends.
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-27)
Blackcat

The case went as well as it could.

You should post about any experience you have.
BlackCatAttack (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-26)
Thank you so much. I was going to compose the events of the dreams and some other events into another ghost story as more things have been happening surrounding it. Maybe some other people have other perspectives. Also this is a great site. It's nice to be able to vent somewhere about experiences whether you're looking for help or not without fear of being ridiculed.

Good luck on your case Goggzy.
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-18)
Blackcat

Thank you, your the one that deserves all the compliments not me.

If you need help email me goggzy60 [at] hotmail.com as I have a emergency investigation tommorow which involves a 5 year old kid.
BlackCatAttack (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-16)
I'll definitely start doing this. Thank you for all your help, Goggzy.
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-16)
Blackcat

Meditations been known with as it makes them stronger which helps a spirit to come through to them.
BlackCatAttack (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-16)
Thank you.:) I should try to meditate or something to make myself more "open" to listening to what's going on around me haha.
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-16)
Blackcat

The easiest way to think of it is. If you are trying to talk to someone and they are ignoring you, eventually you will get annoyed and shout at them. Physically it would be like poking or proding someone eventually you will poke or prod a bit harder.
BlackCatAttack (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-16)
Lol I'm so sorry about the woman at the hotel. And thank you. I'm glad I make sense. I try quite hard to:P

I am so sorry about the guy who passed.

Yeah I heard that sometimes what seems to be aggression from a ghost isn't always a "I'm going to hurt you" but more of a "i'm trying to communicate." I guess I have nothing to fear.
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-16)
Blackcat

The dreams could be memories, some spirits connect with us through there memories.

I did an investigation in Ireland once and my joint Lead Investigator I'm sure I called him Jim in my story because he looks like a Jim real name David but I digress. In this investigation Jim got touched by a spirit and can still tell you how the spirit was murdered (couldn't remember until December now can't get it out of his mind), the owner of the house died two weeks after the investigation which upset everyone in the team and we all went over for his funeral.

Since he doesn't seem to be aggressive and more romantic it could be that now ge has shown you some of his memories he may be connected to you.

Atleast you make sense we once got a phonecall from someone and they literally back tracked on everything at the start of the call the ghost was a woman then a man boy girl by the end she said it was a demon in her hotel we investigated and she had set up speakers in walls, photos behind mirrors etc. And we walked out of the investigation and told her not to call us again. It took 8 hours to get there which was a complete waste of time but once again I digress.
BlackCatAttack (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-16)
The thing is that if these experiences are related, why is it that the guy would be crazy all those 3 times but then otherwise not be a threatening person to me? If the entity that shook me awake and possibly invaded my dreams is the one following me, wouldn't he bother me as much as possible? Not just suddenly pet my face and gently touch me? I've even felt it kiss me on the cheek. Last night, I felt a hand resting on my thigh. Is this a common thing that happens to other people?

I don't know much about the paranormal so I'm just a pleb. I feel bad because other people have to try and interpret this and it must be annoying as all hell.
BlackCatAttack (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-16)
Jesus Christ, I accidentally put bed where I should have put couch. Excuse some of my typos. I typed fast and didn't even fix that brain fart. Apologies.

How does one truly determine what situations are connected and which ones are not? I want to rip hair out of my head up to this point. And whatever is following me is uncooperative. If I try to communicate out loud, all I can hear is a chuckle, groan, or just the jingling of what I still believe to be a fob chain on a watch perhaps based on how that guy was dressed in that dream. Sometimes I can hear whoever it is speaking loud and clear when I am alone and quiet.

Why are some ghosts so uncooperative?
BlackCatAttack (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-16)
That's extremely kind of you. It's amazing how dedicated you are to your work.

I got a suggestion for some mediums down here in Florida so maybe that will help. Thank you very much. I have some other experiences from New Jersey that might also be related but I'm still not sure. Ugh... When you have several experiences in the same apartment, it's extremely difficult to determine what's happening to you.

In New Jersey, I had two experiences that feel slightly tied together... Still not sure. One night when I was sleeping, I dreamt of a white man, in a suit (the way they would have dressed in the late 1800s early 1900s), with an angry expression on his face, and neck length dark straggly hair. He was grabbing me sexually and screaming at me... Ugh I don't even want to admit that part. It's freaking embarrassing. But you gotta be honest when talking about this stuff right? I woke up completely freaked out but just played it up as a dream. After this time, I fell asleep on the couch one night because I was too tired to go to my bed and something started shaking me and screaming me, that same scream in my dream. I woke up and the shaking and screaming was still happening so I ran out of bed.

Now in Florida, I was asleep and lately I have been developing sleep paralysis and it's been happening quite a bit. I had another dream recently I told my boyfriend about. Something was on top of me and had dark long-ish hair but their face was obscured, I don't know if on purpose or not. They were bitting into my neck; not like a vampire before this starts to sound silly.

Up to this point, I literally have no where else to go with this. I was hesitant to even mention this for two reasons: 1. The sexual stuff makes me want to curl up in a ball and not tell anyone as it's embarrassing. 2. Maybe they are simply dreams and not connected at all to whatever is following me around.

But perhaps a medium can figure this out instead... However, I am afraid though of spending money on a medium if they're a fake and can't help me.
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-16)
Blackcat

It has been New Jersey is going to change there records to that of Charles Wilcox and even though it is there mistake they won't pay for a new headstone and the Granddaughter is having money problems (Grandson has no interest) so I am going to pay for it.

Maybe try going to a psychic as they may be able to give you another name, I will look into other records but if both aren't related it would be harder to find out who is following you.
BlackCatAttack (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-16)
If you could punch a ghost in the throat, I probably would have up to this point. My sensitivities are mostly to touch and sound. Seeing has never been my thing unless the ghost wanted to be seen it seems. So this makes it so much harder, especially when a ghost is uncooperative.

Are there any other methods to figuring out what kind of parasitic entity has attached itself to me?

Also I hope the family's mystery has been solved at the very least and they can put a piece of family history to rest.:)
BlackCatAttack (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-16)
The apparition I saw that night kind of looked like Charles so maybe I did see him for a moment. I am not sure up to this point. I feel like whatever ghost is around me is playing games and it's making me so frustrated because I want to know who they are.

So maybe both experiences are unrelated but I connected them as they happened around the same time. I don't think what guy is following me is Charles. But the apparition did resemble Wilcox, so maybe he was paying a visit?
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-16)
Blackcat

I have emailed you the photo we have of Charles when alive
BlackCatAttack (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
Thank you so much Ladydarke!

And for goggzy: bleuwisdom [at] outlook.com. That's really amazing.
Goggzy (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
Blackcat

An email address will be great thanks.

If he isn't the guy who's around you we start again and keep going until we find him no matter the cost my team will help you even if it means one day we fly over.

If he isn't the guy and they are the same man atleast you know YOU solved a missing persons case that is over 100 years old.

The Granddaughter wants to start an account on ygs if it turns out to be her grandfather.

And Finally thank you everyone for the compliments but if it was me or ny daughter who needed the help I would hope someone would help us. I am only doing what anyone should do, which is help someone who needs it.
ladydarke (113 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
BlackCatAttack, if you're looking for a medium check out Cassadaga, Florida's psychic town: http://www.cassadaga.org/

This is the list of town mediums: http://www.cassadaga.org/mediums.htm

All the mediums have to go through four years of testing and training before they're allowed to work there. I've been to Nellie Edwards, she's great. Here's her specific page although she is also on the mediums list: http://www.aaanelliecassadagatherealone.com/

Cheers
BlackCatAttack (guest)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
Too bad indeed. I just asked my mom if she notices something following me and she plays dumb or just ignores it. She doesn't like talking about this kind of stuff and will open up every once in a blue moon.

I really want to know why, if this is the ghost, why he's been following me for so long and why he told me he loved me. I find it strange that he stays around me. I'll get frustrated about it and will even ask aloud why he's here. It's almost like he's playing around or he's shy. I will hear him speak as clear as a living person, or feel someone touching me. Even see apparitions or see him and hear him in a dream. Sometimes when I ask anything out loud, all I can hear is a sigh, groan, and even a slight chuckle. It's up to the point where I'm starting to believe he probably didn't want to return to his family if he's attached himself to a girl even as she's moved to another state. I wonder if there are any mediums down here I can see because I don't think I'm sensitive enough when it comes to the paranormal. It would make me feel less crazy. I'd most likely have to wait until I'm 18 though so I can confront someone reputable about this. Also, Goggzy you are amazing.
babygoatpuller (4 stories) (432 posts)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
This is fascinating Goggzy and Blackcat! Almost like a murder mystery unfolding before our very eyes. 😊 I know, no murder involved but fascinating just the same. Please do keep posting.

I'm also wondering about your mother. Too bad she doesn't open up more about it. She may be able to provide the missing pieces so yes, a frank talk with her may be in order here.

Great job Goggzy! Carry on sir. 😊
BlackCatAttack (guest)
+2
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
Do you want me to give you an email so you can send it to me or do you post pictures through this website? Also what happens if I were to see it and it isn't the guy I've seen around?

I just don't want to infringe on anyone or their family.;;
Goggzy (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-15)
Blackcat
I have 4 mising people who could be Charles

A Charles Wilcox who was 28 when reported missing seems to be the best bet same hair colour eyes and even had a scar under his right eye.

Luckily he still has a granddaughter and grandson who are alive 52 and 46 respectively.

We are in contact with his granddaughter as we have a picture of him (dead) and she knows there is a photo of him somewhere in her house.

We do know he went missing on June 17th before he died on June 28th as he was looking for work as his wife was pregnant with a daughter (grandchildren mother).

If we can match these photos I am paying for a new headstone for him and we will need to contact the police with our evidence.

Also the family have lived in the same house since he disappeared incase he came back, they believed he had another family.
BlackCatAttack (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-14)
Thanks. My mom is very sensitive. She is so sensitive, she can predict and feel things before they happen. It's weird. While she is sensitive, she's also stubborn and hot headed. I've on occasion gotten her to open up. She does think that she attracts spirits and has had many experiences of her own.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-14)
Fascinating,keep posting this! Glad you are getting some help. A thought, your mother is a sensitive too, maybe your combined energy is what this person is attracted to. Time to have a frank talk with her, so you can compare notes. It maybe, wether or not she likes the paranormal experiences, she maybe contributing to them and her help, and support would be nice.
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-14)
Blackcat

Yeah its hard to believe how many easy mistakes were made.
BlackCatAttack (guest)
+1
8 years ago (2016-03-14)
Reminds me of the Crippin case we did in Forensics. Apparently there were quite a lot of cases around that time where police messed up a lot.
Goggzy (guest)
 
8 years ago (2016-03-14)
Blackcat

Yeah sounds like it could be Charles.

What is worse is the bad job the police did on the investigation.

Hopefully get the missing person records today (now 0011 over here).

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: