You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Saying Goodbye

Real Ghost Stories

Saying Goodbye

 

This is a true story about a man named Dick. I had been dating Dick's son for about three or four month's, when Dick passed away. He was an elderly man and had lot's of health problems, my boyfriend was very close to his family. We went to his parents house two maybe three times a week, dinners, outings, parties. He had a big family and I was happy to be a part of it.

Dick was very happy that there was talk about me becoming part of the family, every time he saw me he would kiss my hand, with a big smile on his face. We were all out for breakfast one morning when the call came in, Dick had collapsed and was taken to hospital and put on life support, by the end of the day Dick was taken off life support and was surrounded by his family.

It seemed to me that it was a peaceful passing. On the last night of the funeral, my boyfriend and I went back to his apartment, I fell asleep on one couch, he on the other, I still to this day don't know why I woke up but I did, and there was Dick standing over his son. I sat up and said "Hi Dick" and reached out my hand for him to kiss it. As I reached out I realized this is not right, I said "Dick your not supposed to be here", he looked at me and smiled then turned back to his son, he stood there for a few minutes then turned and walked down the hall were the children were sleeping.

I think Dick had a very busy night saying goodbye to everyone.

The email address that was submitted with this story was invalid and we could not reach the author. If you are the author, please write us back so we can correct this information.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, gingirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

nicka (1 stories) (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2008-10-26)
What a nice story. I hope Dick is in peace now.
It isn't always sories are all spooky so I just loved this one.
SomeoneUDontKnow (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-24)
Nobody put rude comments on my other comment please I'm just speaking my mind.
Yah and your probably so lucky to see someone you cared for dead.

I never even saw my grandpa and the day I got the news he died I didn't really mind until night time when I started crying for no reason and than I swore I saw a star shaped exactly like him. Ever since than I'm kind of a cruel minded person. Before that I was also sick minded but not as much 😭
SomeoneUDontKnow (15 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-04-24)
dont hate me for this or anything. I'm not trying to be rude but I'm not a loving person. I think that is kind of cheesy (no offense I'm just not a emotional person or anything like that. If my brother died tommorow id probably be laughing and trust me I'm not exaggerating.

Dont hate me 😢.
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-29)
loved one they watch us they be staring and watching you in your house. I have seen my grandad who visited a month ago 10 years since he had died they can visit when ever. They just look and watch us.
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-31)
Omg. I love this. I absolutely love this experience you had. Love is such a tremendous thing, even after passing.
Janice (7 stories) (248 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-31)
Hey Gingirl, I agree with Shane, our loved sometimes come back to tell us goodbye and in spirit form. Your boyfriend's father must've indeed liked you very much to allow himself to be seen to you, you should be proud. What did your boyfriend say when you told him? I'm sure that he was very surprised, I would be. This sure was a peaceful passing, it's good to know that you were able to see this smiling spirit father and know straight away that he would be living forever in peace up in heaven. 😊, WEll, take care and may God bless you.
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-31)
I have always said that our loved ones often return and let us know that they are okay. This man must have thought very highly of you to allow you to see him return and make his final good byes to his family. Thank you for sharing your story with us.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: