You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: Daughter's Dream Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Daughter's Dream Ghost

 

We live in a house that is about a hundred and twenty years old. Over the years the house has been extended and altered. My daughter has the oldest bedroom in the house. For several weeks my daughter has had a ghostly dream almost every night.

She dreams of a girl in an old fashioned blue dress trimmed with white lace. On several occasions the girl has tried to strangle our daughter. We suggested she hang a crucifix in her room and the dreams stopped. However when the crucifix was removed the dream girl/ghost returned. She told our daughter she was angry because she had tried to ward her away. Our daughter did not know what the word ward meant until we told her. At this stage our daughter moved to different room.

The ghost dream has followed her, but has been more friendly. She has explained that she is eleven years old and that she is trapped in the house because she can't find her brother. She said she didn't mean to harm her when she strangled her but she had done that to her brother playing. She told our daughter that her old room had been her room. Our daughter told her to follow the light but she said she can't find any. We have arranged for a medium to come to the house in a few days to see if she can help.

In addition to this we have an elderly ghost. Many people have heard the distinctive sound of an elderly person wearing slippers and walking with the aid of a heavy walking frame. This starts at the original front door, which is no longer the front door and ends at the end of the corridor. Our cat refuses to walk at the spot where the footsteps stop, always jumping over this space.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, anmike, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

renfestgirl (7 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-10-04)
Poor girl. 😭 I feel so bad for her. I don't think that she's bad.You should try to help her.
Nasha (1 stories) (12 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-02-11)
I think its strange that she chooked her brother during playing? Maybe she killed him by accident? I agree on telling your daughter to try and help but not to trust her. How very spoky! 😁 hope everything is well now... Anything else happen since the meduim?
Naira (19 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-12-12)
I agree with Shane in the "not screaming demons and devils" (of any kind) at leats until we have good reason. It is very strange that the medium would say the girl is gt gt granddaughter to the gentleman, though... Meaning, if she never lived there, why would she be looking for her brother there? Anyways... Updates on this one?
My love be with you all. ❤
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-28)
It appears you have more than one entity in your home.
As far as the girl, she may be oblivious to the light because she can't find her brother causing stress and making her feel as if she has unfinished business. Maybe with further coaxing in your communication and advising her that her brother will be waiting for her on the other side, she may be able to cross over and find peace. Poor little thing. Say some prayers for her and quote Bible verses for her, this may assist and it certainly can not hurt.

As far as the older man, he may have unfinished business in this level also. I would also try to communicatte with him, even if it appears he may not be there listening to you, if he is trapped in the home or staying in the home, he will hear you.
I will pray for both to be at peace and for your family to be safe.

God Bless!
PrincessKatie (7 stories) (420 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-09-26)
Spirits/ghosts contact you through dreams because you mind is open when your asleep. I dream of strangers then see them in real life some are ghosts which I see. 😐
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-08)
I am glad all is well anmike. I hope that you and your family are able to rest well now that the spirits have moved on. Thank you for the update. It is really refreshing to actually have someone keep us posted on the events. Thank you again.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
anmike (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-08)
UPDATE!
clairvoyent came out and cleared the house. She said that an old man died in the hallway of an heart attack. The little girl she thought to be his gt gt grandaughter. She hadn, t lived here though.
we,ll keep you posted if anything else comes about. Dragonsoul a crucifix is a cross with JESUS on it.
Thanks for everyones concern :)
melonlover (3 stories) (50 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-04)
Wow! I'm eleven id be scared if that happened to me but my mom probly wouldn't believe me she hardly does when I tell her about things that have happened in our house.

love, the melon lover 😁
Dragonsoul (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-03)
Sup. Even if your house was about 120 years old or more, that wouldn't matter because the land your house is on is way older. That girl is the weird part... Could be spirit guide but her spirit guide wouldn't do that I think... And what is a crucifix?
Good luck
-me
purplequeen12 (2 stories) (69 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-01)
Cool! Your daughter needs to help her "dream ghost". This is a wonderful story, thanks for sharing. And keep us updated, too!
michellejones3 (1 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-31)
This is a very interesting experience you Daughter has been having. I would warn your Daughter to be careful about being trusting of this girl she dreams of. This girl may truly be stuck in the house and not be able to see the light and needs help to move on but also realize no one likes feeling trapped and when they do they can become quite agressive as a result. Best wishes with the medium, hopefully she can get things put to rights for everyones sake.
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-07-31)
Oh neat! Please keep us updated on what happens with the medium. Be safe, keep your daughter safe, and be careful! Good luck!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-07-31)
Thank you Anmike for sharing your story with us. When we are a sleep our defenses against those on the other side have been let down and they are often able to communicate with us through our dreams. I am glad you are having a medium coming in to help you with this "young" entity as I am not totally convinced its motives are as mundane as it is letting on. I won't start screaming demons and devils as some do, because I don't believe in needlessly frightening someone when it isn't called for. You will know soon enough through the medium what you are dealing with and how to help them to cross over. Please keep us informed as to what you discover.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: