You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Items :: The Countdown Alarm

Real Ghost Stories

The Countdown Alarm

 

To start this off I was 13 years old.

I wanted to buy an alarm clock just because it felt more natural. So I bought an average size like 20cm or 15cm. Everything was fine. I just wanted to see the time so I didn't need to look at my cellphone. One week passed everything was fine.

I was home alone for the day. I was doing the usual. Playing on my Xbox 360 and at like 11am out of nowhere my alarm clock played the Carpenters, "we've only just begun". And I was stunned, I froze for like 5 seconds. I went to my alarm clock to see what's wrong. I turned it off went back, after 20 minutes it played again. I had enough.

I just plugged out the charger like wire connected so it can work. Basically a plug to a socket, there were no batteries, only a plug. So I unplugged the plug and it was kind of playing and somehow, I don't even know if what I saw was real or not, there was a countdown from 20:00. When it went like this 19:59 19:58 I knew that was not real or I am going to die when the countdown ends. And somehow I still remember the exact countdown time.

It was 16:49 when I threw it at my floor and it split in half and just broke. I went to my friend's house to calm down. And that was it. I will never have an alarm clock ever again, just because of that countdown.

Then when my parents got back home I didn't explain anything because I knew they wouldn't believe me. So I just explained to my grandma because she believes that kind of stuff. She said it's most likely your room not the alarm clock. I'm still thinking what would've happened if the countdown ended and I didn't break it.

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Denitas, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Nephylim (10 stories) (79 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-04-22)
There was a scene in the movie 1408 where this exact thing happened, except it counted down from 60:00 😐
Rachel9997 (4 stories) (27 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-04-19)
Hi Denitas,

Just curious - what makes you think it was your room and not the clock? Were there other incidents to suggest it was the room.

Interesting story - thanks for sharing!
Denitas (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-04-19)
Hey guys, thank you for your comments. So nothing happened before I bought the alarn. But the alarm was old. It was in 2002. So it hadn't any countdown or auto music. The whole thing felt kind of fake. Maybe real. I think my room was haunted, not the clock.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-04-18)
Hi Denitas

Has anything happened before you got the alarm clock and after you broke it?
The_Lost_Voyage_11 (7 stories) (238 posts)
 
2 years ago (2022-04-17)
Hello Denitas, creepy story, thanks for sharing!

To be clear about a few details, you mentioned that it played the song from the Carpenters, and then 20 minutes later it played again, the same song, did it start from the same place? If I understand correctly the countdown started after you had unplugged the unit?

What kind of alarm clock was it, just one with a radio/clock feature, did it have a CD player, bluetooth/wireless? Did it have any kind of feature on it that included a countdown? You're sure it had no battery back up of any kind, even built into it? Were you aware of all the features it had, what it included? I'm trying to get a better understanding as today's 'alarm clocks' have a heck of a lot more features on them than the simple ones I grew up with and depending in the features, any kind of mechanical failure could initiate one or more of them. For example, though not an alarm clock, the Amazon echo device has a countdown feature, though I don't fully know how it works (I tried to use it for New Years) and for some odd reason in the middle of a quiet afternoon, Alexa will come on and say she didn't understand the question. There was no question, no radio or TV or any noise that could have triggered her, it just happens. Many of these newer clocks have bells and whistles similar to this.

I doubt anything serious would have happened if the countdown had completed its cycle, still and all I don't blame you for your reaction. Especially if the clock had no features that could have accounted for any of this behavior, it would have been unnerving to say the least. If the clock does have features though, whether you know all of them or not, an electrical failure or any kind of failure of the device itself could have caused what you saw, it may not necessarily be paranormal in nature. Still one of those experiences that makes you stop and go hmmmmm, it sure would have gotten my full attention! Good luck!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: