You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Watching Over Me?

Real Ghost Stories

Watching Over Me?

 

Ever since I was little I have this recurring thought that someone was in my bedroom waiting for me to go to sleep, this "thing" wasn't like a scary person, it was just something.

I would jump into bed (literally) and catch a glimpse of him. I would shuddered in shock and cover every part of my body under the quilt, so the "thing" would know I was scared. I stayed under the sheets for about 10 seconds and then come out and everything would be back to normal.

It happen weekly, not every night. In my mind, when I thought of it, the "thing" appeared to be a sort of grumpy professor stretching over me, watching me. I didn't really understand why though? I could never feel his presence when I came out from the sheet but when I was covered he was there, but he seem joyful. I assumed it was a "he."

I hadn't really told anyone about it until I was 11, I told my mum. I didn't bother telling my dad he would think it was my imagination! My mum said, "Next door (number 13) there used to leave and old man who was a lecturer at a University in Birmingham. He was 82 when he died." My mum carried on to say he was apparently a troubled child. This trouble grew with him and in him. My mum had seen strange doctors walking in and out the house as he got older. They weren't the sort you find at the surgery. They were doctors that helped people and their inner emotions. Did this old man have emotional problems or did something bad happen when he was a child? Something that has no explanation?

My mum said when she first met him he was jolly and had a spring in his step, and when I was a baby I would run around his house and swing on his shoulders. But then, as time passed, he grew into a decrepit old man with pretty much nothing. He died peacefully in his sleep, which I suppose was a good thing?

It doesn't really explain why he is in my room watching my get into bed. Does he tuck me in? Or does he just like to see my worried face? There are so many question, but to this day I have never been scared.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Dizzy, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-03)
Hi Dizzy, if it happens weekly, did you record the days and timings. Probably it could be some residual haunting. I am not saying that it is not the spirit of the professor but if it could be found that the days and timings are same, then it could be residual haunting of some sort. I feel it that way. If you could answer the question, then we would be in a position to get the solution.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: