You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: I Think I Saw Myself Hovering Over Next To Me?

Real Ghost Stories

I Think I Saw Myself Hovering Over Next To Me?

 

This is a little scary, I'm still a little shocked. This just happened about 30 minutes ago. 5:30am. I kept waking up throughout the night because my pillow kept falling over. I kept pushing it off the side of the bed with my head, and I could feel its absence every now and then and wake up. I don't sleep in the dark because I've had a few occurrences that have left me terrified of being alone and unable to see.

In my bathroom, my dogs were sleeping on the floor and the light was left on like it always is.

I "feel" my pillow isn't under my head anymore so I open my eyes to get it from the floor when I see what at first I thought was myself and freaked out. I literally said,"Oh sh!t!" Things I don't blurt out. It had my hair, but was black, and the face was off. I can't really remember because it was gone in like three seconds. The first thing I thought once it was gone was..."did I just see myself?" The only light I had was from the bathroom so it was almost like a shadow? I'm not sure...I've always thought I "saw things" or could hear things, but this is the first time I actually saw something that was actually there with my own eyes. I'm not too bothered by it, I'm just not sure if I want to go back to sleep anymore. Don't want to wake up and have that thing closer to me.

I have one of those "kitchen dinner" tables next to my bed because I was eating on it the previous night. That thing was hovering next to it, bent over, staring at me. It wasn't touching the floor. It seemed as if it was floating.

I'm not sure what it was. I was awake. I wasn't dreaming.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Mississippi

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, salsapicante, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

silverknight (1 stories) (25 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-10)
Hello salsapicante. Thank you for sharing your story here. Did your dogs behaved strangely during this incident or past days prior to this? Like what lady-glow mentioned, animals will most likely sense the presence of something supernatural before we do.
msforgetmenott (17 stories) (316 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-03-09)
Hi Salsapicante,

I wondered if this dinner table near your bed, or perhaps a wall mirror, might have reflected an image, and you thought it was something else.

Having a disturbing night, fighting with your pillow, may have confused your thinking, momentarily. Then confusion, in what you thought you saw.

I am curious, and I have a question. What made you write and publish this quick event, just thirty minutes after it happened. Are you a regular reader of YGS? If not, how did you find us so quickly. We welcome you to YGS, what ever the case.

I agree with Lady-glow, keeping a journal is beneficial, where you can later look and compare events.

Jan
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2019-03-09)
Hello salsapicante and welcome to YGS.

It's hard to know what this was based on the little information provided in your narrative.

You think you "see/hear things" but, is it because you live in a haunted place or because you are a sensitive?
This information would be important to determine if what you saw was you having an out of body experience, or if something else "copied" your appearance.

Animals are known to be more sensitive than humans when it comes to the paranormal, but it seems than your dogs didn't notice anything strange.

Even if you're sure you were awake, this could had been an image produce by the hypnogenic state of your mind.

It would be a good idea to start a journal of these experiences and to perform a cleansing/blessing of your place.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: