You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Weird Sounds

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Sounds

 

Over the past fortnight I have found that the activity in my home has risen and I have begun to notice little things like sounds, or shadows or things moving so I just wondered if anyone could help me figure out what is doing these things?

My first set of experiences was about a eight days ago. I came up the stairs to go to the bathroom and noticed that all the lights on the landing where switched on and because me and my family had been watching a movie downstairs with all the lights off I was confused on how they had all been turned on (even the manual bedroom lights were turned on). So I just turned the lights off and went to the bathroom and when I was washing my hands I looked into the reflection of the tap (which is able to reflect the first few steps of the stairs) there was a shadow in the shape of a man, stood on the stairs, facing the door. I froze and watched it for a few minutes before it sort of faded and I rushed downstairs.

My second set of experiences were the day after I had seen the shadow man. I was lying in bed trying to sleep and (my Dad installed a DVD Player for me) the DVD player kept turning on and off, because the little power button is lit up and changes colour when you turn it on and then off again. I was laying down in my bed just watching it turn on and off again. I thought that it could have been receiving signals from a nearby house or my brothers room but the DVD Player is turned on and off either manually by pressing the button or by using the controller, which was on top of my shelf on the opposite side of the room. After a while I got pretty annoyed because I wanted to sleep and couldn't so I said, "Go away, I'm trying to sleep" and it just stopped. It turned off and didn't turn back on for the whole night, but the room went quite cold for a few seconds even though we had the heating on (it wasn't like I could see my own breath but it was a noticeable change in temperature).

The third set of experiences were scattered around after the other two and they seemed to be little noises or things. The earliest one was when my Dad had been working late so was sleeping through the day and I went upstairs to my bedroom to get something and (my Dad doesn't snore at all) I heard this grunt, like a pig would do, but only quite a bit louder. When I heard it, I went to check on him and he was sound asleep. Neither of my family downstairs heard it either.

A few days later I was the only one awake in the house and it was quite early (I couldn't sleep) so I went to make myself some cereal. When I went to get the milk, I usually get the milk out, shut the fridge and put the milk back in when I'm done. So I got the milk out, shut the fridge and began to use it when, right beside me I could hear the hum that you get if you open the fridge door (you can't hear it if the fridge is closed). And I turned to look at the fridge and both doors, the top and bottom, where open about four inches. When I turned to look at them I heard the distinct but quiet giggle of a small girl, maybe about 6yo, behind. I turned around and there was no one there. I tested the fridge doors, trying to open them but they have quite strong magnets in and you have to give it a yank before it opens, so I could find no way in which they had opened by themselves.

I have also heard shushing whispers from my parents room when there is no one in there and books, specifically my books, being put in weird places like in a cereal box when no one says they've touched them.

And, just about half an hour ago when my Mum walked out of the room, I heard another giggle, which freaked me out a bit because I have no sisters and I saw the computer chair (big black leather thing) move slightly towards the door like someone pushed it. I knew the computer chair moved because in the room (the living room) we have white walls which make the chair stand out. I asked my Mum if she heard anything but she said no. Sorry it's so long.

Other hauntings by WeirdnFreaky

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, WeirdnFreaky, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Shell1982 (70 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-15)
Nothing in this story does not have a possible rational explanation. The reflection in the tap could've been ANYTHING; a curved surface distorts things so it would be hard to say what it was. The DVD player turning on and off could be a fault (or as you said yourself, interference from a neighbour's remote - you didn't explain why you ruled that possibility out). The lights were on because someone left them on, you didn't shut the fridge door properly, your dad snored, and the giggles might have come from next door. Your room seemed to go cold because you got chills when the DVD player stopped playing up just when you asked it to (which was a coincidence, by the way). Finally - you either have a prankster or a sleep walker in your house. If your bedroom door locks, try locking it at night and see if your books still turn up in weird places.

Sorry to be so blunt but you have no ghosts, just a tendency to read too much into things. 😊
WeirdnFreaky (7 stories) (21 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-07)
sds, thank you for your comment. I have tried Rook's method before but this time it didn't work.

Hiya_hayz, first of all I would've heard my Dad coming up the stairs because we have an old house - that is why I ruled that possibility out. Yes, I did actually push the fridge closed because the hinges on it get stiff sometimes so I was pretty sure I'd shut it all the way. I have an older brother in my house but he's usually at school doing GSCE coursework, so I'm alone in the house a lot. My Mum usually works until about seven o'clock and my Dad works 'til six.
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-03)
While some of these experiences could be paranormal there are some that could be explainable. Could it have been your father who was reflected in the tap? The grunt could have been your father, people can make weird noises in their sleep. Did you actually push the fridge closed (keep your hand on it until it was shut), or did you just give it a bit of a shove (didn't keep your hand on it when you closed it)? Do you have any siblings living in the house with you? If so perhaps one could be playing a prank on you by moving the books?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-03)
Hi WeirdnFreaky, it is really a creepy story and I think you are a courageous person. Well, something is trying to catch your attention and we do not know what it is for. If you are scared, try Rook's method of cleansing the house so that you can get rid of the negative entities, if at all any. It really works and the method is good for all sorts of faiths.

Thanks for sharing the story.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: