You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: White Haired Lady

Real Ghost Stories

White Haired Lady

 

This past Fall I was sleeping alone because my boyfriend wanted to stay up a little longer to watch a show. As I am sleeping I am overcome by the feeling someone is walking towards me. It was so strange because I was sleeping, so how did this "feeling" wake me? But, I remember waking up but not opening my eyes yet.

I then felt the person coming closer to me. Of course, I assumed it was my boyfriend. Maybe he was coming to give me a kiss goodnight since he was walking on my side of the bed. I finally opened my eyes and there was this woman with long, flowing, white hair. She was wearing white, I think a dress. I don't remember seeing eyes, just darkness where they should be. She just stood there looking at me and me at her. I was so scared that I was frozen. After a few seconds of staring at her, I closed my eyes very tight for a few seconds and reluctantly opened them again and she was gone. It took me a long time to finally get out of bed but when I did, I went to the living room and there sat my boyfriend, watching TV still. I didn't say anything to him because I know he doesn't believe in anything related to the supernatural and would have made fun of me. I went back to bed.

A couple nights later my boyfriend woke me very abruptly from my sleep and was asking me if I was ok. I was so confused, I was sleeping. I asked him what he was talking about and he said I was yelling, "No, go away, leave me alone." I had woken him and when he had looked over at me a white figure was hovering over me, face-to-face with me. Knowing how much he believes that ghosts and spirits are bogus, this really freaked me out.

After that, I would catch glimpses of her every few days. She didn't seem to have any intent on hurting or scaring me but she was always just watching me. I would lay in bed and read and she would appear at the end of the bed. It made me very nervous, so one day I said out loud to her, "Please leave me alone, you are scaring me." I never saw her again.

Since then I see ghosts randomly. After the woman there was a little boy. He would just run through rooms I was in and up and down the stairs.

Now I am having a different experience. When I am in a room of my home the floors around me will creak as if someone is walking towards me or around me but now, I do not see them. I only hear them walking. What changed and why all of a sudden am I seeing these ghosts?

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Ohio

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, cincypaula, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Fergie (40 stories) (1159 posts)
+2
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
Hi Cincy, you ask why you are suddenly seeing and hearing 'things' that you didn't before. Sometimes, hormonal changes, such as pregnancy, or a change of 'pill', or other medication, could do the trick.
I was pregnant with my 3rd child, before I became aware of 'the other side'. I still don't know, for sure, if it was that, or just being in the right place, at the right time.
As Javelina stated, if you were not born with this ability, maybe, you 'grew into it'...maybe I did too!
Your 'visitors' don't sound threatening, why not just learn to live with them, as I did?
You say your boyfriend makes jokes about the paranormal? Sometimes, jocularity hides a nervous soul...

Thank you for sharing; I wish you well.
cincypaula (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
Thank you for the comments. We haven't done any re-decorating and we have lived in this house for about 4 years. I have always believed in spirits but I haven't had any real experiences with them until lately. Oddly, my boyfriend still doesn't believe. He insists he was having some sort of nighmare and the spirit never looked at him, only me. I don't talk to him about any of it anymore because he jokes about it and it upsets me.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
The other posters have taken the words right out my mouth.

My first thought was something changed in the house. If so, my suggestion is to find what it is and cleanse it.

Like Jave said, once you become a sensitive, these spirits are going to be attracted to you like crazy.

Quick question: when your boyfriend saw the spirit, did it look back at him?
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
Hi Cincypaula, I feel that you experience these encounters only in your room. One is that you are sensitive and the other is, I have some doubts. Since when you have been in this house? Have you moved in recently? If that were to be, then it could be some residual haunting.

To LakotaWinyan, I would like to know about your comment "Be cautious when you see, hear a "child". What does that mean. If you can't publicly elaborate, please inform me through my e-mail. Because in our culture, we have not attached any special importance to seeing or hearing a child.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
cincypaula,
The answer is simple. You have become sensitive to spirits, that's all. There are many people who have become sensitive as they grew older, as opposed to having been "born" with it. As a result of this sensitivity, you have been seeing more spirits because they know you can see them. That is a problem for some people, and at times it can be very startling. But you have become like a lighthouse in a storm for spirits. You draw them to you because your ability gives them hope that they are not alone.
It has been suggested that you take advantage of Rooks cleansing and shielding method. I agree with this assessment. It will help lighten your load at home.

Jav
teenagewitch21 (5 stories) (30 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
interesting story has anything gone on in your home that could have disturbed or let these 'spirits' in like re decorating0moving things around? I ask that because iv read on here and seen on tv that any differences can sort of let them in (probably havnt said that in the right words) . I may be wrong but stories like this one where things suddenly start happening always make me think something must have changed.

Like LakotaWinyan just said about the atmosphere and feeling if it does start getting like that rooks cleansing method is great I used it a couple of weeks back and it really does work. ❤
LakotaWinyan (2 stories) (63 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-01)
Wow Cincypaula,
Well, now your boyfriend has seen for himself what he previously thought was bogus. Perhaps this was meant to be a "wakeup call" for him, to show him there is more out there, so he will open up and be there for you and believe you when you say something or someone supernatural is bothering you?

Be cautious when you see, hear a "child". That is all I will say on that.

If the atmosphere/spirit starts feeling gloomy, menacing or angry, and you wish to handle it yourself, rook has a good method of ridding negative energies.

Thank you for sharing your experience! Please don't hesitate to share more.

LW

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: