You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: House Where You Cannot Consume Alcohol

Real Ghost Stories

House Where You Cannot Consume Alcohol

 

Location - Viman Nagar, Pune

Date - Early March 2005

This is one of few experiences which I have witnessed in Pune. Often I wonder why my 7 months stay at Pune has so many numbers of unexplainable experiences. Sorry, no offence but I often find this city to be witnessing lot of visitors from past. Today I will narrate my last experience at Pune which happened somewhere around early March 2005 just a day before Holi (an Indian festival of colors).

September 2004, I joined a famous IT company in Pune based on Nagar Road and rented a fully furnished apartment in Viman Nagar, Pune. This apartment complex was relatively very small and has somewhere around 60 flats. This was fifteen story building which had a lift which was of very old style which you have to close/open the gate yourself however it was ok for that size of apartment complex.

Back to apartment now where I was staying. Apartment had two bedrooms along with living room and balcony. This house belonged to another IT person who went to United States for three year project. I was not supposed to use one of bedroom which has most of almirahs and other trunks which belonged to this guy. Room was not locked however I was not supposed to use it because those almirahs and trunks were locked and had clothes and stuff belonging to owner. Before Pune I was staying in Bangalore in semi furnished house and had to buy my own TV and washing machine. This flat already had a TV so I decided to keep my own TV in bedroom and living room had owners TV.

Let me try to describe layout of the house because it is very important for others who will read to relate and understand what really happened. You will enter the house into living room and this living room had balcony just outside the room in way that you can see the balcony from entrance of the house and you will enter balcony with door from living room. Living room had a sofa set and centre table and small bed. Kitchen was on left side of the living room on small hallway to master bedroom which was in the end. Owner's bedroom or now kind of store room was left to kitchen. This flat was on 5th floor so it was convenient. Sometimes I used to walk up instead of taking lift.

Before moving into this house I stayed in company guest house for 2 weeks also based at Viman Nagar, Pune. During two weeks stay I met some guys who also joined this organization in same week as I did. All of them were very nice however I clicked in particular with Brij and Prateek who were of almost same age as me. These guys are still my close friends however they both are in United States and I am in Kuala Lumpur since early 2006.

Often where ever I stay I always keep small temple in house. This practice I am still following until today. I also kept a small temple at this house. I stayed in this house alone for almost 7 months and nothing noticeable happened. I got another offer from a multinational corporation based in Mumbai and decided to join that company. Joining was in Feb. 2005. I had to depart for Mumbai only with my clothes where I will be again staying in company guest house for two weeks before I can come back to Pune and take all my belongings like TV, washing machine etc once I am able to find a house in Mumbai. Since, I mentioned all things were at this house including Yera Glass Cup Set which was very nice looking and relatively important in this incident. This set had 6 glass cups.

For those who know Pune will understand that for any rental house you have to pay deposit of 10 months rental which will be returned to you once you vacate the house. However Brij was looking for house at same time and he got the house lease from me and I got my deposit from Brij.

I have to describe little bit about Brij here. Brij used to drink alcohol almost every evening even alone because whenever he was alone, he was very emotional and used to miss his mother who died due to cancel few years ago. He had no girlfriend and unless he was with friends he was alone staying in same house I did. Most of the time he had dinner and drinks outside home. This was seldom that he used to drink at home and looks like he never did. I also never took any alcohol inside house for my entire stay.

Few days before Holi Brij and Prateek called me and asked me to come to Pune for Holi celebrations since I was relatively new in Mumbai and hardly knew anyone. I liked the idea and drove back from Mumbai to Viman Nagar, Pune. That evening something else also happened but I do not think they are related so I will skip that part and will narrate in another story. If I recall correctly that day was Friday and I left office after work and it took me almost 4.5 hours drive to reach to Viman Nagar and I reached there around 11 Pm in night. Plan was to stay with Brij in same house where I stayed before. Brij's other friend Prem Prakash was also there.

Brij offered to celebrate my homecoming with drinks since I was tired of long drive. However on that evening there was day and night cricket match and India was almost about to win. So, we said let's wait for match's result. Bottle which was still sealed along with three glass cups from my Yera Set were kept on glass centre table in living room. Since I was tired, we decided to watch remaining match on my TV in bedroom instead of one on the living room.

Almost 15 minutes later we heard blast kind of sound from living room. We three ran to living room to find what exactly happened. By then security guard also came up to flat because sound was very loud. What we saw that one out of three glasses on table was shattered and table was full of glass pieces. First we thought that some cricket ball has come from balcony which has hit the wine glass however that was ruled out because balcony door was closed. We all looked at each other faces in question mark however not clear what really happened.

But cricket match was still on so we decided to watch rest of the match. Security guard also went back. However within 5 minutes we heard another similar blast sound and we came to living room to see another glass cup also shattered. Security guard also came up again due to loud sound however no one has any clue what really happened. However we very too busy to concentrate since our focus was to complete the remaining match however before we can turn back to bed room last glass cup on table shattered in front of our own eyes. We all four saw it happening really in person and not just experiencing shattering sounds. Room was full of glass pieces and almost in mess. We had to be really careful to find places not to set up on those shattered pieces and injure our legs.

By this time I realized whatever happening in house has do with alcohol and whichever entity behind this does not want anyone to consume any alcohol in that house. I prayed to that entity and said we are very sorry for our behavior and will not drink here. To our surprise nothing noticeable happened in next three days I stayed in that house. I celebrated Holi along with all our friends and we all had lot of fun before returning to Mumbai.

This experience has helped Brij to give up his excessive drinking so I find this entity to be good in nature and not a bad one.

Other hauntings by VijaySachan

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, VijaySachan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

VijaySachan (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-07)
Hi Sumi - Viman Nagar or entire pune is famous for these stories. I have another story which happened during my stay in pune and it is from khiradi. I will post that soon
VijaySachan (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-08-07)
mysticseeker - Brij lives in california these days and finally has given up drinking. He stopped after this incident but picked up afterwards for fun. I just spoke to him two weeks ago and he said he has finally decided never to drink. So, good move from him
sumi2829 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-30)
Nice story. I Know about viman nagar I used to live there before now I changed my place. Even I heard about many paranormal activities when I used to live there.
mysticseeker (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-14)
wow! Spirits against Spirits! So Brij gave up the "ritual' of drinking 'spirits' and became 'spiritual'!
Maniacmedic (1 stories) (10 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-01)
Thankyou for a well written story vijay, this is my first comment here, I completely understand your and your friends' situation because I was witness to a similar incident at my home as a child. Me, my mother and about three house guests were prime audiences to someone/something breaking not only glass utensils but even thick china cutlery, the sort that's used for microwaving and is pretty thick! And these items were just thrown out of the shelves that housed them! This continued for about 15-20 minutes until everyone said a prayer together. I am pretty critical when it comes to these sort of things, so I even considered the possibilities of an earth quake or some sort of low/high frequency sound! Debunked both as my place doesn't have earth quakes and sound waves can only crack certain thickness of glass at a particular frequency for a certain period of time. Well this event did stop after the prayer! Thank fully none of you guys were harmed. Take care and thanks for refreshing my memory.
Regards maniac medic
VijaySachan (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-22)
Prakash - It was thought to clear all possible logical reasons behind why glasses broke.

In situations like this, you will zero out all scientific reasons then only you start at look at some paranormal activities
prakashjj007 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-17)
how come the thought of ball hitting the glass come in your mind at 11 pm at night?
VijaySachan (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-09)
Josh - I did look at that possibility as well however room temperature was uniform around 20 degree celsius. Glasses were empty and not upside down. So, that stress factor is not really possible.

Also, why nothing happened to other three glasses on same table once we decided and communicated to entity about our decision not to drink anymore in house.
joshuakeys (7 stories) (45 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-07)
Vijay

Though its a lengthy writeup, its been Nicely narated. Well I am not denying the paranormal activity, but the temprature could also be considered because, Glass will break when internal stresses are set up which cause the glass to fracture. These stresses are set up when the temperature of the glass is not uniform from one place to another. So, it is not so much a function of the temperature as the speed of a change in temperature which makes certain parts hotter or cooler than others.

My openion is just a possibility not objection.

Thanks for sharing

Cheers

Josh.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-07)
Hi Vijay, I can imagine the feeling all you 4 must have had when the last of the glasses broke before your own eyes. Well, did you investigate the matter with the guard or neighbours whether there was any activity relating to paranormal happening before you moved into the flat especially related to drinking of alcohol. With the replies you have posted for the queries from other posters, we have to rule out the possibilities like pressure, sound decibels etc. I think it is a paranormal experience.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
VijaySachan (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-06)
Emarosa,

Yes, personally I do not like to stay in place where your choices are controlled by someone else who you even cannot see. Especially we all like alcohol, Don't we?
VijaySachan (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-06)
WhatDimensionRUFrom,

I am glad that background info has helped you to understand story better. You are very right that I have no logical explanation behind what really happened. I am also sure that they are many who never really believe in ghosts or paranormal presence until something happens to them.

Until then they will continue to provide chemical imbalances, sound decibels, air pressure and all other kind of scientific reasons to justify that they are not ghosts behind anything at all. It is just pure science.

However science cannot explain each and everything.
VijaySachan (2 stories) (16 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-06)
cosmogal926,

I am not really convinced if it was Brij mother's spirit. She rests in peace and there are some logical questions to be asked entity being her.

1. Why Brij never experienced any time her mother visiting him in anyway in pune or delhi or any other place he stayed.
2. Why it never happened when Brij was alone which he normally was in that house vs. With visitors like me and Prem Prakash.

However, I am no expert in these things by any means so cannot say for sure.
VijaySachan (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-06)
Gauravsngh7 - Good guess on decibles. Mind you we were in apartment and not stadium where you will notice lot of noise. I want to smile about this but often we watch on very low noise and not super loud especially in night. You do not want neighbours to knock your door and complain to you about tv being super loud. Also not sure if you have read and understood layout of house. TV in bedroom and glasses in living room are 30 feet apart. TV which we were watching was in bedroom and not living room.

It is very small society and had only one guard who will go around 11 pm every night to check if all house are locked and everything safe. So, he was on round that time and also house is not sound proof by any means.
WhatDimensionRUFrom (guest)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-06)
I enjoed this story and I love it when the writers add a lot of background information. I feel it helps us to get to know the character and personality of the writer to some degree, which adds a lot to my personal opinions when totalling the BS factor as I do at the end of all stories!:o).

Vijay, putting myself in your place I would go through the list of all possible explanations (as I'm sure you did) and, since there is no definitive solution here the creep factor on this one would make me always leave that little sliver of thought of "maybe this was a little paranormal". Can something be a little paranormal or is that like being a little bit pregnant? Anyway, good story that leaves the reader to ponder the possibilities!
gauravsngh7 (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-06)
Vijay I guess the glasses broke because of very high decibels of noise as youll werr wtchng a match so probably the volume of the TV was quite high & since it was a big match so d entire builng mst b doing d same along wid people cheering & all so could be the high level of sound broke the glasses instead of a spirit's prsence... What do others think?
cosmogal926 (9 stories) (1223 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-06)
Interesting story Vijay, I also thought the spirit could have been the mother of your friend who passed. But since you think it could not have been, I am left wondering if there was an alcohol related incident in that apartment. Just one question, if you were on the 5th floor of an apartment building how did the securitiy guard hear the glass break?
Emarosa (2 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-06)
Woah a house where you can't drink alcohol? Scariest story I ever read:) lol
VijaySachan (2 stories) (16 posts)
+3
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
sorry Lou for making it so long.

Will try next time to write it more effectively.
LouSlips (10 stories) (979 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
Sorry, but I read the first ten paragraphs and gave up...I'm sure it is just me, but that exceeds the limit on background info.

Lou
VijaySachan (2 stories) (16 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
Archangel,

Glasses were three months old and of number one reputed brand from India so that kind of possibility is ruled out however those three remaining glasses went with me and stayed with me until I left India in early 2006.

Lot of people has told me it has do with physics, pressure in room and chemical imbalances, weather and what not. However, whatever happened in those 30 minutes never happened in the past and never happened again until Brij stayed there. So, I am pretty sure that this has nothing to do with science.

Annabellee,

I do not think that spirit was of his mother because Brij used to drink almost daily and he also drank in other house in pune before moving to this apartment. So, does not look like that possibility.
Archangel (1 stories) (8 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-05)
how old were these glasses? Did any of the other 3 glasses explode in the same manner? Sometimes, old glassware tends to simply burst. Are you sure it wasn't jus physics and not paranormal activity?
Annabellee (2 stories) (8 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-04)
Do you or your friend Brij have any ideas as to whether this was his indeed his mom, looking out for her son from beyond the grave? (No disrespect to the deceased intended.)

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: