You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Where Did My Sandals Go?

Real Ghost Stories

Where Did My Sandals Go?

 

I usually put my sandals near the French doors that link up with my balcony. That way when I go on the balcony in the mornings and afternoon's to have my coffee outside they are handy.

I've been putting them in the same spot ever since I've been in this unit/flat. I have lots of shoes, but these particular sandals are easy to slide into and easy to slide off so they stay at the French doors 24/7.

Yesterday I mopped the floors, vacuumed the unit, did the breakfast dishes and took the bin downstairs and put it in the big bin at the bottom of the driveway. I put my sandals on when I went downstairs.

Where Did My Sandals Go?

I came back upstairs and took off my sandals and left them in the usual place near the French doors. I made a coffee and put my soapies on.

15 minutes later or so when I walked to the French doors to look outside I noticed my sandals weren't there. I went from room to room looking for them. I was completely baffled. They weren't anywhere.

Finally I opened the front door and there they were outside my front door. I know I didn't leave them there. It's not something I do. I have a shoe rack in my bedroom and put all my shoes on that except those particular sandals.

So how did they get there? Why were they at the front door?

The TV changes channels, I've seen a really scary hag here and Steven the ghost and now this.

Perhaps I left them there and blanked it out from my memory or perhaps not. Who knows. All I know is strange things happen in this flat. It is possible I left them there, I just don't remember doing it. 😕

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Sleeping-with-steve, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-06-20)
Hello 22centuryboi,

Thank you for your feedback. Yes, I agree, it's a possibility that I left the sandals outside on that occasion. However, I never do that. I walk straight inside and take them off near the French doors inside.

One of the previous tenants died in my unit. He collapsed and hit his head in my bathroom. Other tenants have died in the blocks next-door on the left to me and on the riggt to me. Just recently, the man right next door to my unit died 2 weeks ago.

If you need to attach a photo just email Martin the webmaster on the email address at the bottom of this page or reply to the email saying your story will be published.

I would take a video of the events but I don't know when it will happen. Once it happens and I get my camera out to video, it will look like I've done it.

If you need to know anything else, please let me know.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
the22centuryboi (2 stories) (25 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-06-20)
Hello Miandra,

Sorry it took me a while to read one of your stories. But you do know what had been happening with me. With regard to the sandals incident, I am not sure it is an entity that is doing it, though I must agree it can be. Something I always think about is reasonable doubt. I remain a skeptic to this day because of it. It is actually possible your mind paints images for you that may not be true. Imagine you always leave your sandals at the same place. That image is imprinted in your mind I bet. But one of those days you happened to leave it outside. The mind plays the image that you left it just by the door like you always do. I have had this happen to me a lot with keys. I keep my keys in one particular place but some days the keys end up on my bed. Though I would have left it at the center table by habit. I believe it could be one of those times. Liked your story. You should record a video of the TV changing channels. Of course critics will not accept that it wasn't you who was doing it. Hope things have gotten better. I would love to know more about where you live. I mean about the house. The layout and the past if possible. Energies in house tend to vary with the layout as well. Do reply. Sorry if I am veering away from the topic, but can you tell me how you attached an image to the story?

Regards,

Prashanth J.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-21)
Hello Haven,

You sure were lucky that day finding 3 lots of money.💲 Someone was looking after you.

I'm glad you found your shoes.

Best wishes,
Miandra

😘 ❤ 😘
Haven (20 stories) (307 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-21)
Hi, Miandra - I have also had my share of things disappearing, I almost always get them back. I had my favorite running shoes go missing for about 2 months. I had already given up looking for them, then two days ago, I was walking out of my bedroom and almost tripped on them. I have no idea how they got there, I have interrogated everyone and I believe they are telling me the truth when they say they have no idea either. Also, I have come to realize that things I don't really miss right away go missing because I will see things in plain sight (my nightstand, my bed, counter top) that I had not seen in a while. I'll see it and go "oh yeah, I forgot about this..."
Money on the other hand, I don't believe has ever been returned to me. Oh well. Something that happened to me once, that is very difficult to believe - it was maybe 10 years ago, I was really down on my luck. My car broke down and I was waiting for the train, it was about 100 degrees with no shade and I was dying of thirst, I didn't have money for a drink or any excuse to take refuge in the air conditioned store across the street. I decided to go inside the store and pretend I was looking for something to buy, just to get out of the heat. When I was in the store, I took out my wallet and pretended to be looking for money I know I didn't have. Well, I found a lottery ticket in my wallet, the prize was another free ticket. So, I went to the store cashier and gave him my ticket which he exchanged for another one. I scratched it and it was a 50 dollar winner. I bought me a cool drink and walked out thanking God for my good fortune. As I was waiting for the light to turn green so I can cross the street back to wait for the train, I noticed a 20 dollar bill laying neatly on top of some bushes behind me. I was ecstatic, I now had 70 dollars! I got off the train in downtown San Diego, and while I was walking to catch the bus that would take me home, I found another 20 dollar bill laying on the ground. I picked it up and looked around to see if anybody was going to claim it, there was people walking up and down the street. Everyone just kept walking, nobody seemed to be looking for anything so I put it in my purse and kept walking. This all happened on my way home within a span of 1 hour. Who finds money 3 times in one day? I swear to you this is true! I always thought of this as a blessing sent to me from God, I never gave it much thought that it could be something else until I read some of the member's posts and theories on where money that goes missing goes.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-16)
Hello Haven,

On a number of occasions I have had money vanish into thin air out of my purse.

On all occasions it has been $100.00. When I get money out of the ATM I usually get $100.00 out for bits and pieces so I'm not charged fees for multiple transactions.

The first time it happen I looked high and low, traced my steps back and forth, looked in every room, under the bed, absolutely everywhere.

I live on my own so I know no one took it, it simply vanished.

It's happened a few times and I'm out of pocket a few hundred bucks.

My sandals mysteriously moved from the balcony doors to outside my front door.

All these situations are annoying to say the least.

If I come across a way of getting the lost money back, I will definitely let you know. At this stage, I can't see that happening.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Oooops, a few errors.

Hello RcChick, Mrs Rizzo, Twighlight, Haven, Lady-Glow, Melda, Miracles, Val, Martin, DirtCreature, Rookdygin, CuriousDee, Zuruje, Cups, AugustaM, Aporetic, BeautInside Biblio, Sushantka, and everyone else, HAPPY NEW YEAR

I hope 2019 is a good year for everyone.

Best wishes,
Miandra
🎊🎈🎉
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Hello RsChick, Mrs Rizzo, Twighlight, Haven, Lady-Glow, Melda, Miracles, Val, Martin, DirtCreature, Rookdygin, CuriousDee, Zuruie, Cups, AigustaM, Aporetic, BeauInside Bilio, Sushantka, and everyone else, HAPPY NEW.

I hope 2019 is a good year for everyone.

Best wishes,
Miandra
🎊🎈🎉
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Hello Jubeele and Rex-T,

Thank you for your kind wishes.

I will cleanse often. Thank you for your advise.

You really both are dear people.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
Jubeele (25 stories) (882 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2019-01-04)
Hi Miandra,

Hope that the new year brings you renewed strength and positive energy to dispel unwanted pests from your home. Rex-T and I seemed to have attracted a mischievous prankster that filches our stuff. Sometimes they return when we ask in a firm voice. But my big ball of purple wool is still missing since Halloween. Maybe it's in the same place as your sandals!

Don't forget to regularly cleanse your heart and soul. Summer is a great time to visit the beach and watch the surf. 😊
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-22)
Hi Melda,

Thank you. I hope Santa brings you what you want and happiness.

🎅🎅🎅
Best wishes,

Miandra
Melda (10 stories) (1363 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-22)
Thanks for the good wishes Miandra and I wish you the same.

I did reply to your email and hope you receive it.

Go well - Melda
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (308 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-21)
You're very welcome Miranda 😊 I wasn't sure if my email was available on here, so I'm glad to hear that you were able to find it. I just use my husbands, because ever since mine decided to turn on me a few years ago lol, not allowing me to access it anymore, I just gave up with it all together. So now I just use my husbands whenever I need to give an email. I'll be sure to look for it, and thank you for thinking of me when you sent them out ❤ if I can figure out how to send a Christmas card through email, I'll be sure to send you one as well.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-21)
Hello Twighlight,

Thank you for the holiday wishes. I sent you an email Christmas e'card. It might go to your spam because its the first time I've sent you an email.

I can't wait to read your new post.

I will look out for it.

Best wishes,
Miandra

😘 ❤ 😘
Twilight1011 (9 stories) (308 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-21)
Hey Miranda, it has been awhile since we last chatted on here, but I'd like to wish you a very Merry Christmas as well 😊 and hope you have a Happy New Year ❤ I finally submitted my experience I had of my Mamaw earlier this month, and now am patiently waiting for it to be added on here. I know you were asking when I was going to put it on here, so I thought you'd like to know.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2018-12-21)
Lady -Glow,

I looked on your profile for an email address because I wanted to send you a Christmas e'card.🎅

I hope you and your family have a lovely Christmas and New Year.

Thank you for your holiday wishes,

Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-21)
Miandra - Merry Christmas to you, too.

I hope that Steven the Ghost leaves with the old year to never come back.

Wish you the best.
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
5 years ago (2018-12-20)
Merry Christmas Everyone,

I hope you all have a lovely time and a joyful New year.

I've sent emails out to most members that have email addresses on their profiles. Check your spam in case its in there.

Miandra
🎅🎅🎅
Martin (602 posts) mod
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-28)
Note: some new photos provided by the author have been published 📷
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-12)
Hello Mrs Rizzo,

I don't know why they do that. I read every single comment daily because I like to keep up to date.

As soon as I finish reading, I up vote the comment. Its how I know I've read the comment.

In most cases on threads I don't have votes, but that's OK. On some threads I've been down voted and members I've given votes are down voted. 😭

It's ridiculous! 😜

Someone is having fun being mean.

Thanks for your kind words.

Good to see you again.

Best wishes and hugs,
Miandra
😘 ❤
MrsRizzo2429 (4 stories) (93 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-12)
I am sorry to see people down voted you when you have only been very kind and helpful to me. Keep in touch my friend 💕❤️😘
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-10)
Thanks Lady-Glow,

I fixed yours and returned the votes to you and a few others.

😘 ❤ 😘
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-10)
SWS - I fixed it.
KarmaTroll is no more than an annoying mosquito. 😜
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+3
5 years ago (2018-11-10)
Why has my comment to Mrs Rizzo been down voted?

I have been down voted on other threads too. My comments have been neutral and friendly. So who has a problem with me and why? 😭

Haven't you got something better to do with your time? Why can't you just comment instead of removing votes? 😜

RIDICULOUS! 😠
MrsRizzo2429 (4 stories) (93 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-10)
Hey miandra:) I am glad that there are leaving your Sandels alone. I am doing well. The house that I live in has been having things happen In it I will definitely post soon. Things have been going missing in my house as well and its definitely not where I put them.
I hope that your having a great day stop by again soon! ❤️💕😍😘
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-09)
Hello Mrs Rizzo,

I haven't seen you about for a while. I hope you're well.

Thanks for your comments. There's nothing more to tell about my sandals. It hasn't happened again.

I will be sure to keep everyone posted.

I look forward to reading more posts from you. Have you got anything else going on?

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
MrsRizzo2429 (4 stories) (93 posts)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-09)
Hey there! Wow that stinks I hate it when I miss place things. So it's even more frustrating when you know that you didn't miss place your sandals. I also have been having this happen to me and my husband in the last month in our house. We put things and show eachother where we are putting them and then they won't be there. Please keep us posted on how things go. ❤️❤️❤️😊
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+1
5 years ago (2018-11-01)
Hello Valkricry,

Thanks for being so understanding.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
Sleeping-with-steve (guest)
+2
5 years ago (2018-11-01)
Hello Curious Dee,

I'm going to read Tweeds link after breakfast. It's 8am here and I really need my morning cappuccino. 😆

I googled nature spirits and read a little bit about it. (Earth, Wind, Air, & Fire). I don't see how they can move my sandals, but I will keep researching nature spirits and see what else comes up.

Best wishes,
Miandra
😘 ❤ 😘
valkricry (48 stories) (3257 posts) mod
+4
5 years ago (2018-11-01)
SWS, no worries, no need for sorries, actually I was a bit happy to share a bit about the editing process 😊.
CuriousDee (8 stories) (631 posts)
+4
5 years ago (2018-11-01)
Miandra,

Well then, your name was meant to be. Maybe it wasn't an accident after all. 😊 I had to go through the comments because I didn't see that Melda had mentioned her experience or the video Jubeele posted. My apologies. 😜

As for nature spirits, there is a member here (Tweed) that has shared some related accounts that are quite intriguing. Here is the link to her profile:
Https://www.yourghoststories.com/user-profile.php?user=65989

I'm sure you'll find Tweed's stories interesting too. 😊

Dee ❤

Read previous comments

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: