You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: A Native Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

A Native Ghost

 

I won't deny, I am a firm believer in ghosts. And yes lately I have been reading more into them, so yes, it is a possibility that I conjured the ghost through my imagination. But I don't think so.

I am a very messy person. In fact, I am renowned for it; however, my room has been especially messy. Chocolate bar wrappers, chip packets, etc. I also have my reasons for not cleaning my room (I'm studying for my Higher School Certificate). And since its been messy, I have a a few experiences.

It began with dark shadows in the corner of my eye. Believing these occurrences to be a side-effect of my medicine, I shrugged them off. However, I began to notice it would only occur to me when I was within my house. These became more and more frequent, happening about twice a day.

A few days ago this progressed. I had decided to walk my dog to the local park. Please note I was not sweaty. When I went to grab the leash I felt a distinct two taps on my shoulder. Obviously no one was there (my father was in the computer room and my mother in the living room, I was in the dining room). Thinking that it was my shirt sitting oddly, I moved my shoulders and body around to attempt to get the same effect. This proved futile.

I have also woken up during the middle of the night with the sensation that someone was watching me, with no one being there.

I believe this ghost to be relatively benign as I do not feel threatened by its presence (and I can usually tell if anything is threatening or not). I also believe that this entity to be an Awbakal male. Please note that this is just a feeling, I have not seen the entity in full view.

I believe that this entity merely desired for me to clean my room, to keep its environment clean. I recently cleaned my room and all activity has ceased. I know that the local Aboriginal tribe, and Aboriginal people in general, want the environment to be clean as it is a part of their spirituality.

Please, tell me what you think. I hope you enjoyed reading.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, grand-duchess-ana, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

grand-duchess-ana (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-20)
[at] SirenBelva, The place in which I live was built in the 1950's, not positive when exactly. So I don't believe its to be the spirit of a woman who previously lived in my house (also no deaths are recorded either).

Zeta, the medication I take is an anti-depressant. One of the side effects of most types of anti-depressant medication is seeing things out of the corner of my eye. However, I only began to see these things whilst in my house.

[at] Unexplained, Yes, you are correct, I live in the Hunter region. As to your question, I believe the spirit is Koori because (as mentioned above) there have been no deaths within my house, and I have fae blood in me, which means I am sensitive towards the majority of things, including ghosts. But really, its a gut feeling
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-17)
I see no reason not to trust your gut instincts. If you feel the spirit is not harmful and just wants you to keep your room clean, and there's no harm in that, then I would suggest you accept what your gut is telling you. If you are curious, you might consider consulting an aboriginal elder or spiritual advisor who might be able to shed light on your situation. As for being busy with studying, I find cleaning an excellent way to procrastinate when I should be doing school work;)
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-17)
Is the house/place that you live in an older place? Maybe someone who once frequented there is watching over the place and doesn't like seeing it in that condition! I worked at a 200 year-old restaurant (the building was 200 years-old) and there was (what many of us felt) to be the spirit of an older woman who monitored the premises. I believe it's quite possible!
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-16)
Just a quick question... Without getting too personal. You said you were taking medication and I don't expect you to tell me what kind of medication you are on but do you think any of this could be a side effect?

Just wondering...zeta.
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-16)
Hi GDA, I believe that the Awabakal live in the Hunter Region, neighbouring where I once lived: an area inhabited by the Worimi.

I do have a question: what indication do you have that makes you believe that the spirit is Koori?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: