You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Native American Boy In My House

Real Ghost Stories

Native American Boy In My House

 

I will tell a little back story that I promise is relevant to this experience of mine.

As in my previous stories, I am Native American and live on an Indian Reservation. Long time ago, years and years ago, the original "Agency" or central hub for the reservation was about 25 miles south of the town where I currently live. It is now called "Old Agency". Anyway, the Soldier's that had pushed my people onto the reservation were passing out pork and blankets to the people. Little did the people know at the time but the pork was sour and the blankets were infested with the small-pox germ.

The soldier's would not let the people hunt or fish and the people were starving because of this and it was a cold and brutal Montana winter. So, the people took these items thinking that the soldier's were trying to help them but, instead they were trying to kill the people off. The people did not know that the pork was sour as this was not a meat that was ever eaten by the Native American's as they ate, deer, elk, buffalo, fish and various wild game.

Anyway, as the people died and it was winter the bodies were just thrown into a pile until they would be able to be buried. In the following months the ground was soft enough to dig, and dig they did. There is a mass grave that extends for over 20+ miles from "Old Agency", into the town where I live and further North past town.

When they built our group of houses, they placed them about a 1/2 mile from one of the mass burial graves. By this time, all of the bones and such had been removed (many years before our houses were built). But needless to say our house is still close to this mass grave.

One day my husband and I were getting ready for work. He was sitting at the foot of the bed bent over tying his work boots and I was in the master bathroom curling my hair and we were having our morning visit while getting ready. I glanced out of the bathroom and towards my husband and there was a small Native American boy with long hair and no shirt, shoes or pants on, he had a breech-cloth on. He was leaning onto the side of the bed by my husband just looking at my husband. I looked at him for about 10 seconds and looked away and looked back but he was gone. I told my husband what I saw and he just looked stumped, and didn't know what to say.

My husband has always believed me when things have happened to me. My husband or our children have never seen the little boy, and I have never seen him since that one time. But, I always have had the feeling that this little boy somehow perished all those years ago and may have been buried in the mass grave in the field behind our house.

This will remain a mystery! I have no intention to insult anyone by writing this story. I only included the back information as it pertains to why and how the mass grave came to be. If anyone was insulted please understand that I had no intention to do that, I was only telling a story / experience of mine. Thank you for reading my story and if you comment, I will respond.

Other hauntings by montanagurl

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, montanagurl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

julez_c (1 stories) (5 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-02-10)
well iam native american also... But from the southwest colorado. I'm 20 years old. And I was reading this because I have friends who live in pine ridge. As native americans we strongly believe in spirit world. I used to go to boarding school back in oklahoma. Which been there for years. They say children was taken and placed there back then. Well my friends wanted to see something and brought a spirt... We didn't see this person but we heard him communicate. She would speak and ask questions he would reply simple answers like yes or no. His name was michael. His voice was so soft I can't explain it seemed sad. I always wonder why spirits show up. On reservation spirits are lost souls who come back. We say its family so say pray and offer tabacco out of respect. So just wanted to share with you.
honipop (10 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-10-09)
Don't worry about offending anyone, you are not a nasty person. It is no accident that native peoples around the world were wiped out along with their knowledge.

The dominant culture needs this knowledge to be destroyed for it's own existance.

The knowledge of the spirit world needs to be erased to keep people in fear that once you are dead that's it, "you only go around once" mentality.

Native peoples knowledge of human history is right on the dot, the dominant culture wants us to believe that civilisation goes back 10, 000 years or so and that's it. LIES

Native peoples had rituals that kept balance between humans and the Earth/Spirit World. This knowledge is what can get us out of the mess we find ourselves in today.

Thank you for your stories, I enjoyed them... I will post a couple of my own soon.
montanagurl (3 stories) (18 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-09-26)
Hi dreamergal72. Thanks for the comment. It is a sad part of the history in my culture. However, a couple of theories that I have thought of - why the "several" spirits have not gone to the other side is this: 1) they were not buried in the traditional way, long time ago, a body was not stuck in the ground right after death and 2) the way that they died was just due to abuse by the soldiers. But, than again with #2 that theory could be argued also that when the warriors went off to war a lot of them died horrible deaths also but, they were prepared to die when they went on a war party or horse raid or even when they were to hunt buffalo. So it will continue to remain a mystery as to why these spirits have continued to stay around.
dreamergal72 (6 stories) (793 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-09-26)
I know a indian for along along time ago that not know the 21st centery clothes and shoes stuff and wonder what the world is that person had on and curious and also It so sad about the indians get kill by this soldiar prented to help them and have sour pork and germ blanket just not right. Also the reason that indians won't go to the light is to find thier bones and buried correct.
montanagurl (3 stories) (18 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-09-25)
hello everyone! Wow, thank you for the comments, I tried to tell the story without offending anyone, as that wasn't my purpose for telling the story. I just wanted to add a little back story as to give a reason as to why I think that this happened. Thank you for being understanding and getting the "jist" of it.

After I saw him I told my husband and eventually did tell my mom, she is a full-blood. We are from the Blackfeet Reservation and she told me to say a prayer and offer tobacco, which we did. I have also smudged my house...well that is another story.

I have not seen him since that time but, there are a few times that I have sensed a child, I don't know if it was just my imagination or something real that I was feeling.

Once again - thank you so much for the comments, I am glad that you have enjoyed my stories/experiences. I have many many more to come. I am so glad that I found this site, it is so nice to share experiences and have feedback on them.

Until next time - montanagurl
moonshadow (3 stories) (146 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2009-09-25)
HI MONTANAGURL: I just want to say how sad iam the way your people were treated it makes me feel so sad even when I was young watching cowboy films I hated the way the natives were treated and since then I have allways followed and read about native american ways in fact I have pictures all over my room even still and read about the ways all the time. I really enjoyed your story this poor boy's spirit must be lost and maybe needs to be sent into the light maybe you should try to do this or get help from a psychic but if you do see him again try to communaicate with him I will pray for him as well myself take care and may the light of the great spirit shine upon you and the spirit of this boy... Keep me posted...
BYLUYSTER (11 stories) (78 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
How sad for this boy to be stuck here. My heart aches for your people. Even as a young child learning history in school, I always thought the Indians got a really bad deal...a fate unlike any other. The fact that the White man wanted their land and forced them to live on reservations never felt right to me. Then again the fact that my mother's grandmother was a full-blooded Indian may account for my feelings.

Please know that not everyone thinks things have to be so unfair...and if you see the boy again, tell him to go to the light.

God Bless,
Byluyster
EVPResearcher (34 stories) (140 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
I want to first say that it is a pity how the natives were treated. I am not offended at all. Here is a thought on the young boy. Some spirits are travelers and can visit you anywhere. Others are stuck in certain places. I hope for his sake he can travel and has others he can be with. I love this story! I am always trying to find the "old" ghosts. You know, how far back they died. Would you say this was 150 years ago?
TheLightBeforeDawn (5 stories) (41 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
Please, if you see him again, ask him his name. He may not understand, but at least talk to him. Send him my regards.

Goddess Bless you, your family and that boy.
TLBD ❤
Spockie (8 stories) (203 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
I just have to say how sorry I am about all your people have suffered and the heartless cruelty and injustice that has been inflicted upon them.
ChildOfTheLotus (10 stories) (133 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
That is just awful! I'm sorry the soldiers treated your people that way. Mass graves are pretty screwed up. People should have their own little place to rest, out of respect, and homes shouldn't have to be built on top of them.

This little boy is probably someone that died previously on the reservation and hasn't moved on yet. Maybe he doesn't understand that he is no longer a part of the living world.
starfalz (13 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
How even he can find a peace?
If his life's ending was so tragic like that...
😕
May God take him into heaven! 😊
galleygal (3 stories) (150 posts)
+2
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
How tragic...the atrocities committed against the native peoples of this land make me feel ill...

May that boy find peace!

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: