You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Whispering

Real Ghost Stories

Whispering

 

My name is Jennifer I am married and have five kids. We live in Vancouver, WA.

My story is short, but very strange. I have had many encounters with spirits in my life, but what happened two nights ago is puzzling me.

My family and I just moved into this house, we have lived here for about a month now. It's a big four bedroom two story house, maybe 50 years old or older.

I had already seen some spirit activity prior to what happened two night's ago, like shadows moving through rooms, or out of the corner of my eye. I was trying not to think much of it because we just moved in and didn't want to freak myself out. I know some houses come with lingering spirits that never do much more than that.

My husband and I and our two little girls share a large room upstairs. My 2 year old's bed is next to my side of the bed. What happened took place a little after 4am. We were all in bed sleeping when a very loud whispering woke me up. My 2 year old next to me also woke up. We sat up, she got off her bed and jumped to the foot our bed looking off to the corner of the room.

Just then I heard the whispers again, there were two. One said "there she is", the other said "yeah, yeah!" The voices sounded small and raspy. Almost not human. I hate to say that, but that's what I felt. I told her to get in bed. She got in bed and went back to sleep. I was up for the rest of the night freaked out.

The next day I did tell my husband and now he's a little freaked out. I thought I would share my story hoping someone else has had something like that happen and maybe have ideas on if it sounds friendly or not. Thank you so much for reading my story.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jennysue35, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Tessann1 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-10)
and I agree, with your comment of waking the children... I felt the whispering was trying to wake the children up... Still not sure what this is.
Tessann1 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-06-10)
I hear whisper chattering when I am at the grand kids home while they sleep. This weekend while they stayed by me is the first time I heard it in my home. Both children are under 4 years old, one was in the playpen, the other with me and we were in the same room. About 4 in the morning I heard it, so I jumped up and checked both but nothing coming from them so I went back to sleep. What could that be?
So I do believe you, but could it be coming from the children?
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-18)
Hey,
The name of the book is "Files from the edge" by author Phillip Imbrogno. The problem with this author, he was recently discovered to have lied about his "schooling", which puts all his other claims in question. He had worked on projects with the famous UFO investigator J Allen Hynek- It's a shame he was outed, and I had not realized it until after finishing his book. I'm not so sure all his theory's and work should be in doubt, as they run along the same lines as John Keel's work... You may be better off checking out the books by John Keel who has similiar theory's regarding the paranormal.
jennysue35 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-17)
I would like the name of the book too Pjod. Normally I would not pick up a book like that, but because of what's happened here at my new house I am very interested. 😊
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-17)
What's the name of your book, Pjod? Jenny, I agree with Zeta that you should trust your gut instincts. So far, there's been nothing malicious and I would take comfort from your feeling that there is a protector in the house looking out for you all.
DannX68 (guest)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-17)
[at] Pjod, haha, are their books about that? That's funny, because that's a thing I've been discussing with one of my friends several years ago 😆 We both believe it could be a very real explanation.
jennysue35 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-17)
Pjod, I do thing what ever was trying to talk to us that night was curios, and found an opportunity to communicate with my daughter but did not get that far.
Since that night nothing else has happened. I feel there are spirits here that are good and protect the house from harmful activity. That might sound crazy but I be leave it. I have seen a white spirit in the house that has came right up to my face and I felt safe. I don't have a clue who it is, but I feel like they are watching out for us. But I will keep you guys undated for sure if anything else happens. 😊
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-17)
I suggest blessing/cleansing your house with a method that you are comfortable with. You can also have someone come into your house and perform the ceremony for you. I personally like sage and blessings of love and protection. I feel that fear fuels energy so don't give it any power! Good luck! 😁
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2012-09-17)
Sounds like your sharing space with another, very curious intelligence. I found your experience real interesting, as I'm reading a book that try's to explain events such as this (or any haunting) Where the author uses "string theory" as an explanation to these occurances... That we share space with alternate realities or dimensions- what we think are "ghosts" may be other beings able to see and interact with us from their own "time/space"
If you can get up the nerve- next time an incident like this happens, address the voices- telling them in a stern voice how your not comfortable with them invading your families space. Seems to work for some folks.
I would love to hear any updates, hope your family settles in to your new home.
jennysue35 (1 stories) (5 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-16)
thank you for your comment Zeta. I think the thing that freaks me out the most about what happened is that I feel they were trying to wake up my daughter.I'm still not sure about the friendly part. I think it was the small raspy voice, if it sounded human I think it would be less of a worry.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-16)
It's hard to comment on if the voices were friendly or not. But I will add; you state that you have had many encounters in your life. I have found that the best thing to do is to believe in yourself and how you feel. If you feel that it was a friendly sort of haunting, then believe it.

Good luck and keep us posted if anything else happens.
Zeta.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: