You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Native Spirits?

Real Ghost Stories

Native Spirits?

 

Thus is not a scary or spooky story, but I thought maybe I can share this here to let you all think what this could be.

It was a rainy afternoon, I was riding from the city part of Sapporo to the countryside part of Tomakomai back to my old antique house.

I lost Aleshanee, my cat last month and I wanted to give him a place to rest and so I have bought him a "doubutsu haka" which means tomb stone (?) for animals. The Japanese customs will bring the ashes home kept in a pretty vase and will place it behind the tomb stone (?) made of good woods on a showcase like dan. So I did the same thing for Aleshanee.

Since it was raining hard, I went to check my chicken coop if there is any leaking. Glad I saw no leaking at all.

I went to the room where the dan of Aleshanee is placed. I was laying back on my couch staring at a fur toy which belonged to my furry child. I fell asleep for awhile and was waken up by a loud bang.

I thought it was thundering outside but the rain has stopped and it was a peaceful evening. I went to check the chicken coop but everything seemed OK.

A cloud of dust begun to form outside the chicken coop when I turned around and headed outside. I froze for awhile and begun praying. The "dust" went away with the wind and I quickly ran in my house like if I have forgotten to wear my pants. I texted my friend whom was known as a family member of the Ainu Priest (I know I keep having shermanian friends for some reason) and told him what had happened. He promised to come over the next morning.

I thought I have missed to tell you guys that this Ainu priest friend had helped me to solve the " creepy closet" case, he gave me some "holy salt" for protection and had contacted the owner of the closet for me and told the owners to have the closet back. Yes, case closed for that. Now the cloud.

"Hey, Koji-san, here I saw the cloud here" I called my friend and pointed at the point where I saw the cloud forming.

He took his phone out and start searching the landscape and linked it to an app where they can check what the land usually was during the past. (Yes, technology now a days...)

He told me that the area where my house is located used to be a place where the Ainu people used to dissect their preys. Oh, in case you are wondering what Ainu is it is the Native people of Hokkaido, Japan. Many places in Hokkaido is named in the Ainu language.

Yes, so a place where people will cut up animals and kill then completely... I asked my friend what I can do to keep the strange things away. He said that it will be just as it is since for that many years this house was here and the spirits will just need to get used to the situation.

So... Old spirits will just need to get use to where we are otherwise they will need to move on... Hmm...

Do you think that there will be more strange stuff coming up or will it be less since the spirits too will need to move on?

Other hauntings by blosomes

Hauntings with similar titles

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, blosomes, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

blosomes (11 stories) (67 posts)
+3
10 months ago (2023-06-28)
Valkricry
Well indeed nature could be creepy and scary... But after knowing it could do no more harm you kind of relax on the situation, that's what is happening to me right now lol
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+4
10 months ago (2023-06-26)
Dust Devils are a 100% natural and occur the world over. They're little tornadoes more or less. Some call them whirlwinds.
They can be eerie as all get out. The first one I remember seeing was at the age of 6 or 7 on the school playground. It was very small and involved a handful of leaves. These leaves seemed to magically rise and 'dance' in a circle just an inch or so above the ground for a minute or two. But some I've seen since were not so enchanting.
Just because something is 'scientific and logical' doesn't mean it can't scare/startle the daylights out of you.
blosomes (11 stories) (67 posts)
+4
10 months ago (2023-06-26)
Hey Valkricry! Nice seeing your comments!
A dust devil 🤔
Is it natural at all? Like some what just like a tornado forming?
It's hard to describe with words... It gave me a chill for a second as I have said in the story, it just seemed like something is forming then gave up for some reason 😳
But a dust devil seems more scientific and logical. Maybe I will just think that is just mother nature passing by.
valkricry (49 stories) (3270 posts) mod
+4
10 months ago (2023-06-25)
"The cloud of dust was kind of like a small tornado 🤔 like the size of a young child?" This makes me wonder if what you witnessed was, what we call locally a Dust Devil. They come in a variety of sizes, I've seen some less than a foot tall, and others are huge - over 1000 feet. It is an upward spiraling, dust filled vortex of air - like a small tornado!
blosomes (11 stories) (67 posts)
+3
10 months ago (2023-06-25)
Oh Rajine, I missed your comment.
Well it will be my 2nd year here the next month.
Other than the "creepy closet" that I had in my attic it is my first experience, it's not affecting me negatively nor positively yet... And I hope this will remain the way it is... 😳
blosomes (11 stories) (67 posts)
+3
10 months ago (2023-06-25)
Hi Tweed! Thank you for your comment!
The chickens are alright the hen even laid some eggs this morning 😉
The cloud of dust was kind of like a small tornado 🤔 like the size of a young child? It did not feel like Aleshanee, just my sense. Aleshanee died of a cat flu 😢
I keep having dreams about Aleshanee, since it is a different topic I will just keep it for myself, the messages is quite strong though.
Tweed (35 stories) (2497 posts)
+3
10 months ago (2023-06-25)
Hi Blosomes,

It's a really good sign if your chickens aren't distressed. Animals will become anxious when their environment doesn't feel right.
Sorry about your cat. 😕 How big was the cloud of dust? Could it have been cat sized? There was an experience on here years back about a couple who saw a strange cloud in their home not long after their cat passed away. They thought it was their cat paying them a visit because the cloud moved through where the cat did while alive.

Thanks for sharing.
Rajine (14 stories) (776 posts)
+3
10 months ago (2023-06-24)
Is this the first incident you experienced? And how long have you been staying there?

Perhaps everyone can live in harmony. Especially if it's not affecting you in a negative way.
blosomes (11 stories) (67 posts)
+4
10 months ago (2023-06-22)
Thank you for your comment Ruskin!
Indeed sir, I thought only time could tell I had moved to this place for almost one year, things seems OK so far but it seemed that things is used to this newbee here, and wanted to show up recently.🤔
I will be updating them by writing stories here 😉
RCRuskin (9 stories) (817 posts)
+4
10 months ago (2023-06-22)
I think only time will tell whether there will be more activity or not. So long as your chickens do not show signs of distress, then things ought to be mostly okay, I think.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: