You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Old Hags / Night Attacks / Sleep Paralysis :: Paralysis Demons

Real Ghost Stories

Paralysis Demons

 

I am scared to death. I have had paralysis since I was 14. It has gotten worse in the past 4 months. I am a Christian woman. I was saved at the age of 17. Things have been good until lately. I will be in bed and I'll know when it's going to happen because I'll hear this noise in my ear, like something is going by it really fast. Kinda like a whoosh noise. Then I can't move.

One night I floated over my bed. Another night a demon sat on my chest and started shaking its head really fast on top of me. Other nights they try to get between my legs. I have panic attacks, and am on meds for it. I thought that's what it was because my husband swore I was asleep. Deep down inside, I knew this was really happening.

Well, today I talked to my Mom who lives in Florida. We have never really talked about this stuff, except for when it happened when I was younger. I am not exaggerating when I say that the SAME EXACT thing is happening to her. It even starts off with the same noise. She's actually been tossed up in the air and back onto the bed. This happens when we're alone, or when our husbands are sleeping. My Sister killed herself on July 10, 07. It has gotten worse, because I have been trying to get closer to God since our tragedy. I read the Bible everyday, and pray a lot.

The closer I get the Lord, the more Satan tries to get to me. I want to know how to stop this. Please help!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Georgia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Mandybooh, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

biblefreeme (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-08-23)
you could do all of the religious sugestions thus far given or you could realise that its only sleep paralasis and not demons, and also realise that it is often made worse during stressfull times like losing a loved one which would explain your mothers attacks that and the fact that there almost always hereditary, well in my case they where once you get your head round that and realise demons arnt waiting to devour your soul, I mean realy answer me this if a five year old described this to you and said what is it would you tell them a demon was in there room trying to get them. I apologise if I don't sound simpathetic but read my profile and youl get where I'm coming from.
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
Dear Mandybooh,

I am sorry to hear about your sister's suicide. I believe the diabolical/demon is playing games and seems to be torturing you every time it gets the opportunity. I recommend a cleansing in your house. I advise that you visit this website. I believe it will help.

Http://www.ncdemonology.org/Home_Page.php

Thank you for posting your frightening and terryfying story and sharing it with us. Your problem is in my prayers. God bless and take care. If you need further assistance, contact me, I am always happy to help.

Sincerely,

Francois
tdbaker (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-21)
i am so very sorry to hear what you are going through. First, read my story, maybe you can gain some understanding about what you are dealing with. God is your only way out. I will say this, when I was going through this, I was in a very deep depression, and was also addicted to pain meds. Somehow, I feel like this just opened the door for them to mess with me. Take a look at your life and see if there is anything you've done to let them in. Plam readings, fortune tellers, anything of that nature opens the door. I was in such torture with the things I was going through in my life, I had no peace. But don't be scared, they can only do what you allow, take athority over it in the name of Jesus. Demons are scared to death of Him. He will be at your side, you will never be alone. Just believe get angry, let them know that Jesus is your master and theirs also. Would you let someone that you know physically abuse you? No, so what's the difference? Take a stand, do not back down. I hope this helps, but you are fighting for your life, and you will win. Just have faith. The Lord be with you.
bruwx (2 stories) (78 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-07-18)
hi, I think reaidng the bible every day won't help, I'm not christian but it any religion, its not following orders, its your faith... You should try be more calm and maybe learn how to control it, I would advide meditation, because with emditation you can advance by having out body experience and youre controling it.
Nightgoddess (14 stories) (54 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-02-16)
I am here if you ever need to talk. ANYONE can write me if they need anything. I'm always here for you. My e-mail is darkstars9 [at] yahoo.com
Sarah_Epic (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-21)
Sorry, I had a typo. The Earthbound spirit or Elemental, is what I have come to find as the closest comparison to this demon.
Sarah_Epic (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-01-21)
Although I'm not Christian, (Buddhist) I do agree prayer is a very effective tool although not THE only way as many Christians come to believe. I have had these episode since I was 9, several times a month. I have seen the demon and felt him around the room. Earth bound spirit. If you read up on it this may make more sense. However I have found that staying calm and unafraid usually does the trick. Saying a short prayer, Mantra, whatever you may, can also help aid in you attempt to calm down. Who knows, this all may be a simple mis firing in the mind that was unable to tell the body it's awake thus : the waking dream.
rizfre (9 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-12-29)
Hi Mandybooh, I am a christian too. As a christian, Jesus gave us authority over demons or evil spirits. I'm sorry for your loss of a love one. Jesus said that satan's purpose is to steal, to kill, and to destroy. It looks like he succeded in doing that to your sister and now his demon is trying to harrass you. You are asking for help and as a sister in Christ this is my advice to you. Jesus said that " Whatsoever you ask in my name you will receive..." Of course it has to be in His will. Therefore pray to the Lord Jesus to stop any evil spirits from attacking you again. Also ask the Lord to protect you from any evil. Also remember to share the good news of salvation to others. I know that satan hates me because I tell others that salvation from hell is by receiving Jesus as Lord and Savior. See you in Heaven.
MAMMACAT75 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2007-10-19)
I wanted to confirm what the post by BLESSED said. Every time this happens pray to the ALMIGHTY in the name of JESUS. I experienced this too and praying in your mind works if you can't speak as I couldn't during these attacks 15 years ago. I believe there are fallen angels and the children of those fallen angels who died during the flood of noahs time that wander our planet in "boredom" stuck and trying to rush the final days, keeping score, and using pawns to do so (Hitler was a prime example of the peril left behind during their attempts). Their causing all kinds of trouble to our minds and bodies trying to spread their sickness from one to another. Those fallen angels and their sons and daughters that we know as Greek and Roman Gods and Goddesses and such now envy US! We have bodies AND souls and they don't or won't. We are yet to be judged but their fate is sealed. The name of Jesus is like calling upon a knight in shining armour. Please don't let the dark side sway you away from HIM. That's exactly what their trying to do. Just think of it as their "last ditch effort". So say, enough of that. Try to stay on the "sunny side of life" and enjoy wholesome aspects of life along with prayer. Try watching wholesome shows such as I LOVE LUCY or THE ANDY GRIFFITH SHOW to "override" dark thoughts. Read or do a craft project with a child, or go to a park. Whatever will take your mind as far away as possible from the dark side. Think of these things as therapy. I live this way as much as possible and it TRULY is my therapy and it helps SO much. Of course, as mentioned earlier, most importantly pray in the name of JESUS. I TOO have been plagued by the dark side, but I have never experienced your loss. I hope this helps and I am very sorry about your loss of a loved one. Blessings... 😊
ghosthost (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-15)
I'm new to this site and I just read your story and I can say that I can sympathize with you having had some of the same troubles. It also makes me realize that the way I handled my situation was probably the wrong way. Before I was saved I had 2 experiences with what I think and truly believe were demons. Lying there totally helpless unable to move was the most terrified I've ever been in my whole life. One thing I think that its the people with whom you choose to be around. Both incidents occured while I was dating bad people. One had been in witchcraft at one point and the other was a drug addicted stripper. I was alone both times. They seem to like to come after you when your most volnerable. After I was saved (which was a miracle in itself) the more I tried to live a christian life the harder my life became. It even made me angry because things were supposed to get better not worse. Things like having people from my past call me and want to go "party". So my theory became to back off from church and things would stop. Which they did. I'm scared that if I try to get close again that "they" will come after me again. Hang in there and I'm going to church tomarrow. May God bless us all. 😁
blessed (3 stories) (14 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-08)
I am a very religious Christian and I believe calling on Jesus is THE answer to any problems you have with demons or evil spirits. I know this for a fact because I've experienced it. Read my story, The Presence, to see how.
tom5309 (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-09-08)
The reason I joined this board was to reply to your story. A very unpopular and underutilized tool to cast out demons is through both prayer AND fasting. It's in the Bible, when the disciples could not cast the demon out of the man, Jesus replied "because this demon could only come out through prayer and fasting"(paraphrasing) That's what I wanted to say and to tell you that while I can't say that I've had such vivid(visual) experiences, I have experienced the "noise" and the sleep paralysis on over a dozen occasions in my life. Thankfully, now being married I can usually manage to rouse my wife with my murmurs(when it's happening) and just her speaking or touching me usually get's me out of it...Usually. I think I will post my story of what I believe preceeded all of my sleep paralysis since.
poltergeistfan (3 stories) (26 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-23)
Holy cheese! This is most certainly a demon, and I believe in God and I pray and I know enough to say that you will be alright and that God would never let anything happen to you
katinkah (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-23)
hey. I am also a christian girl. I have experienced demons before. My adwise for you is to never turn your back on God, no matter what happens to you. You wrote in your story that it seems like the closer you are getting to God, the worse the attacks gets... Satan doesn't want you to worship God, that's why he and his demons is attacking you ofter, but in the end they have to understand that they are going to loose. Remember God will never turn his back on you, he will send his angel to guard you trough theese attacks. Attacks like theese are really scary, but God will watch you no matter what and he will not let satans demons get you. If you cannot talk under these attacks pray to God that he will make the demon go away or give you the power to talk and then you tell the demon that he must leave in the name of God.

Don't be scared... God will never let Satan hurt one of his Children.

write me if you need some help:)

Good luck and be strong!
nhouse (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-07)
If you are a strong Christian like you say you are, you should have no problem ridding youself of this problem. You have forgotten that you have authority over the spirit. Tell it to leave. If you are paralyzed, think it.
CearysAwesome (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-07)
Mandybooh,
This sounds like demons definately. NO Doubt about it. They will try to attack a Christian who is in a close relationship with God. If your going somewhere with God, they will try to stop you. Stay safe and always keep God in your mind. I know you will. And I am sorry for your loss. That's so sad that your sister is gone. Many Blessings.

Ceary
nhouse (1 stories) (9 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-06)
Mandybooh,
I can help you with this problem you're having. Contact me at nhouse24 [at] yahoo.com
thirteen (1 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-06)
This may soundd a little odd, partiularly as I have no real factual evidence on which to lay my suggestion.
However, I watched 'Stigmata' the other night, and on reading this story, one part of the film sprang to mind...
The Priest claims that it is much easier for those close to God to be more vulnerable to Demons.
So, I very much wonder, that if this is some type of 'demonic sleep paralysis', that it is because you have become so close to God recently.
For the record, this opinion is completely unbiased, as, although I was indeed baptised a Catholic, I have no belief in God anymore, due to many things.
So perhaps an enquiry into what I have suggested may be worthwhile?
I hope I have helped, by either opening up a new explanation, or ruling out one.

thirteen.
ewash (2 stories) (20 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Mandypooh, Shane is correct. You are and have been suffering from sleep paralysis. Take it from someone who has dealt with this their entire life. Most everyone in my family has bouts with it as well. Medically speaking, it has been genetically linked. It happens much more frequently when stress is in your life.
I am so sorry about your loss. That is most tragic and my prayers will with you starting tonight.

There are many great medical sites that discribe this well-documented phenomenon. It is extremely scary, but I can tell you as one who still suffers bouts with it, that I overcame the fear. I too am a Christian and I understand very well the religious context of demons being wrapped up into this but lucky for you, this is not a demon. The enemy has much more subtle ways of wreaking havok on our lives.
Sleep well knowing this is not a demon and may God bless you and your family!
Shane (13 stories) (1258 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Granny,I don't believe that she completely understood what you had written. She some how came to the conclusion you were saying she was headed to hell. Mandybooh, I think it is sleep paraylsis you are suffering from. These events are brought on by stress or anxiety. You losing your sister and your mother her daughter could trigger these events. Now I am not saying for sure that this is what you are experiencing only a Doctor can do that.

Peace, Love, and Luck be with you.
Peteys_granny (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Mandybooh, I related a bit of folklore, or superstition, which I recalled when I read your story. How does that make me heartless and cruel? And what does my gender have to do with anything? As far as my going to hell is concerned, I don't believe in hell, or in the devil, either, for that matter. But that's just me; to each his/her own. And thank you for your prayers. I'm always grateful whenever anyone takes the time to mention me to their deity.
Mandybooh (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Thank you everyone else for taking the time to read my story and write back. The kind words meant very much to me. I did seek council from my Pastor. Things have let up a lot with all of the Prayers. My Dad also wrote down a few scriptures from the Bible for my Husband that he used on his own house for my Mom's problem. We read them together, and went through the house reading some out loud. So far I've had no severe episodes. Thanks again. 😉
Mandybooh (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Peteys_granny- I don't know if you are male or female, but whoever or whatever, you are cruel. Why don't you shut your mouth if you can't be kind. If anyone is going to hell, it is you for being such an aweful person. How dare u? It's sad you are so heartless. I will pray for you though, you sure sound like you need it!
Hada (36 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
You can take this or leave it. You have a severe case of the Jinn "riding" you as it's called. There are usually noises preceding the event then the fazing in and out of the experience, trying to release yourself. I know well what this is and what you're talking about. Good you have faith. Use it. If you are able to utter the only word that can be coerced out of a paralyzed mouth, "Allah" All your troubles will dissappear. If you can get a hold of a copy of Surat Al Baqra, a recording in Arabic that you can play throughout the entire house with closed bathroom doors. All your troubles will dissipate. Surat Al Baqara or The "Verse" of the Cow is one of the most potent exorcism tools from the Koran particularly for these quite harrassing kind of Jinn you have. If you play the complete verse in your home (this is in Arabic of course) you will be rid of these devils for 3 days. They cannot enter your home. Additionally, I recommend reading in English or if you can access a recording to read "Ayat Al Kursi" each night prior to sleping, believe me, all your troubles will go away. Let your Ma know too.
Abby (710 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Dear Mandybooh,

Many people have encountered this type of phenomena and in varying degrees.

Before you conclude that this is paranormal or a demon, in my opinion I would suggest you try the following first:

You may want to contact and consult with the medical community to be sure health and emotional factors are not involved (outside of the panic attacks).

You may also wish to discuss the story you have told here with your religious counselor of choice and ask them for help and advice. You may want to join a prayer group for support.--Abby
Bellissima (12 stories) (792 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Mandybooh, I am sorry for your loss and what is happening to you and your Mom. I don't know what to say to you otherwise. Did your sister have similar experiences? Maybe if you turn to your faith it will help you feel better.
Peteys_granny (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-05)
Sorry, Martin. I know the lady's in distress. Take what I said with a grain of salt, Mandybooh. It's just folklore.
Martin (602 posts) mod
 
17 years ago (2007-08-04)
Ah come on, Peteys_granny, that's not very nice. Mandybooh seems to be in real distress. Funny though 😉
Peteys_granny (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
17 years ago (2007-08-04)
I have to ask: When you heard the "whooshing" noise, was there, by any chance, someone else in the bed with you at the time? Your husband, maybe? Anyway, I've heard (and you may have, too) that when a demon sits on your chest, it means that you're going to go to hell. It's sort of like the devil's welcome wagon, I guess.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: