You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: Coincidence Or Did I Hear An Incident 20 Miles Away?

Real Ghost Stories

Coincidence Or Did I Hear An Incident 20 Miles Away?

 

This story happened in August 2011.

My old workplace is situated on a fairly new industrial estate with a main carriageway and a motorway running along either side.

This particular morning, I'd just pulled into the car park. Nothing out of the ordinary, to begin with. My routine was pretty much the same. I'd arrive about 3/4 of an hour before my shift commenced. I'd have a drink of tea out of my flask, apply my make-up, chat on the phone to my partner, and wait for two of my colleagues to arrive so we could sit and chat, grabbing a bit of the morning sunshine before we 'clocked on'. The reason why I'd start out so early is because the traffic can be quite unpredictable in that part of the county and I live many miles away.

While sitting in my car, I heard the horn of a vehicle continuously beeping, over and over again. I didn't interpret this as anything unusual as the early morning rush hour meant plenty of cars used the 60mph stretch of road and the M6 where accidents or near-misses unfortunately occurred quite regularly.

I noted the time; the digital clock read 8:10AM. I kept the clock lit on the dashboard as it gave me a clear indication as to what time I should lock my car up to give me enough time to walk the length of the huge building to the workers entrance and start work on time.

When my colleagues drew in the parking space beside me a moment later, I asked them what all the fuss was about amongst the traffic. The two girls - who were best friends outside of work - looked at me confused. Their windows were wound fully down and if I could still hear the commotion I was sure they had to.

Still in our cars, we sat quietly, as I could still hear the honking of the horn sound. T and E, let's call them, claimed they heard nothing. The noise suddenly stopped; I put the beeping to the back of my mind and we chatted about other things. At 8:25AM we walked into the building to start work.

Every dinner break, like me, most colleagues would sit in their cars, windows and doors open, relaxing in the midday heat, and eat lunch. Now, I'm a pretty over-protective mother and even though two of my children are grown-up, I like to keep in constant touch to see if everything is well and they are safe. Between chats and texts with my partner I would text or call home and my children. If no one answered I'd panic!

I text my middle daughter to ask if she arrived at college safe and if she was enjoying her lessons. What she text back gave me the chills. She told me on her way to college a car had suddenly pulled out in front of the bus that took her to college. I text back worried and asked her how the bus driver avoided a catastrophe. She told me he had to apply an emergency break, but had got angry with the driver of the car and continually beeped his horn to express his annoyance.

My mind wandered to what I heard earlier in the morning. I had a rough idea of what time my daughter caught the bus, but I still asked her what time the incident had happened. She told me it happened at 8:10AM. Exactly the same time as I heard the beeping.

Now, the place where I worked is quite a distance from my home as is my daughter's college. The distance between my old workplace and my daughter's college is roughly about 20 miles, so if I did happen to tune into the beeping the driver of the bus applied, then I clearly held the best hearing ability of any human being at that point!

Maybe it is just a coincidence, but the thought of it still throws confusion my way, as it did my colleagues when I showed them the text my daughter sent. I'm just glad that no harm came to my daughter that morning and the driver used his professional skills to avert danger.

Thanks for reading,

Lakota73

Other hauntings by Lakota73

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Lakota73, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-29)
DragonStorm80,

Yes, Jav could be right, but if, on the other hand, it was a spirit guide, they certainly wanted to be heard. At the time I never thought of anything paranormal. I just couldn't understand why only myself heard the commotion.

I did ask colleagues who live local to the roads if they knew of any accident. Although terrible for anyone, and the fact I put it to the back of my mind, I did feel slightly bothered by it.

Lakota73 😊
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-29)
Jeez where to go with this fascinating story!? I think Jav's theory of mother to daughter connections is a very good one, and quite possible.

Or perhaps you have a spirit guide that was trying to alert you to the ocurrance your daughter was involved in?

Either ways what a great story!
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-09-29)
Hi Jav,

I never considered it could be a mother and child 'link' before you mentioned it. Your theory is a high possibility. With T and E saying they couldn't hear the beeping/honking left me confused. I was like, 'How can you not hear it?' It was so loud. Obviously I thought an incident had occurred on the M6 or the A34.

Spirit_Juggler,

The beeping was in broken sounds, but each one was long and drawn out. Hope that makes sense.

Thank you, both,

Lakota
Spirit_Juggler (1 stories) (25 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-29)
Was the beeping you heard continuous or was it broken. For example someone simply holding their hand on the horn or hitting it repeatedly?
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-09-29)
Lakota,
These type of experiences have always fascinated me. The connection between parent and child being so strong that a mother 20 miles away can get a sign of something occurring with their child. The fact that only you heard the honking, and continued to hear it after mentioning this to your co workers, and that it did give you cause for concern without knowing why, is proof enough for me.
Thankfully, everything turned out fine. But it does make you wonder over the 'hows and whys' of the way it was delivered to you, doesn't it? Is it the spiritual connection you share with your children that keeps some sort of instant messaging line open for emergencies? Or was it a case of divine intervention? These are just some of the things that I love about these experiences, the questions can bring out the most interesting theories.
I am happy to hear all was well in the end, thank you for sharing another great experience with us Lakota.

Jav ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: