You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Child Ghost

Real Ghost Stories

Child Ghost

 

A few years ago I moved into an older home with my husband and three children. I have two daughters who were at the time of this occurance aged 6 and 12, and a son aged 8. Our new home was located in an older neighborhood and the main part of the home was originally built in the 1950's with two bedrooms. An additional bedroom, bath and family room were added in the 1980's. These rooms were a few steps lower than the original structure which was on a raised elevation. Whenever someone would walk around the older part of the house, their footsteps would echo loudly due to the crawl space under the house.

It did not take long after moving in to know that there was a presence in the home. I would often hear a child run accross the living room floor when none of my children were home. My husband and children experienced this as well. It drove us crazy trying to think of a reasonable explanation. It could not be rodents because it was definitely the same sound as one of my children running accross the room.

One morning I was rushing around getting the kids ready for school. I always check that all lights are off and doors are locked before I leave. The kids were going out the front door to get in my van and I was in the kitchen picking up their lunches. I heard the TV on in my son's room so I went to shut it off. I looked through his bedroom door and saw him sitting on the floor with his back to the door watching TV. I yelled at him to shut off the TV and come out to the car.

I then went out the front door to my van, knowing my son would follow. I stopped dead in my tracks. He was already sitting in the van with his sisters. I was too terrified to go back into the house, so I just locked the front door and went to work. When we got home, the TV was off.

After this experience, my daughters both saw a small boy with a white shirt and dark hair (my son also had dark hair) standing in the corner of their room at night. We did not stay at the home very much longer as the running footsteps and sightings of the boy continued to escalate.

Other hauntings by GloriaW

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GloriaW, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-09)
Gloria,
Okay, this one gets a nine on the creep-o-meter. Holy crap! I would have done the same thing, lock the door and go to work. No way would I have walked back in there for another look. I do love a good scare, but not at the expense of my children, so I can completely understand you moving out after all of that.
Thank you for sharing.

Jav
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-01)
Interesting account GloriaW, I was also raised to believe how you did and yes it has taken me a while not to think everything paranormal was demon related haha. I get the feeling the boy loved the attention and your family being there. Sad in a way I hope he has moved on. 😊 Thanks for sharing.

Dan
GloriaW (2 stories) (15 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-10-01)
Thanks for the comments. I have had many experiences in my childhood and as an adult and did not want my children to go through them too. I was raised to believe that there is no such thing as ghosts, that all ghosts are demonic beings impersonating humans who have passed. I no longer believe this but it has taken a long time for me to learn to cope without paralyzing fear.
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-29)
Gloria: I can understand how thing such as this can really tense you up especially if you are having your own kids.There's no element of imagination here in as you thought the boy of rock solid as your own son from his back-view watching TV in his room! Its good to know that nothing injurious happened to any of your family member during your stay there. Its really shocking to imagine the thing- "while all of you were not there during the day (being at work and school), that ghost kid had the whole house for him alone to keep watching the TV"...! 😲 (After all, it was a kid)
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-29)
How interesting! I wonder who he could have been? From what you've written here he didn't seem to want to harm anyone, but moving for the sake of your childrens and your own sanity is always a good move. Thanks for the read!
celeste1 (3 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-29)
okay I hope I'm being helpful, but I'm just sayin-you shouldve taken your son out of the van and took him to that room. He probably wasn't there but it was still worth it. Unless of course you REALLY REALLY want to stay away from the supernatural haha

Thanx for sharing tho,

Insceleste
Spirit_Juggler (1 stories) (25 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-29)
What an interesting read. And yes as Lakota says. Somewhat chilling. Thank you for sharing.
Lakota73 (5 stories) (108 posts)
 
12 years ago (2012-09-28)
Interesting story.

It gives me chills thinking what could of happened had you have approached this boy and tapped him on the shoulder!

Great read,

Lakota73 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: