You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Day Care Scare

Real Ghost Stories

Day Care Scare

 

I worked in a day care in a small town in Idaho. It was located right behind a cemetery and was a brand new built property. I was teaching my class of two year-olds when I saw out out of the corner of my eye someone run past the door and then proceeded to hear running footsteps down the hallway.

Now let me tell you about my class. They are two, so any parent knows how twosomes act. My class loved to run up and down the hall any chance they got. So when I saw and heard this, of course I thought it was just one of my kids doing their normal thing. I quickly counted my kids, 6 of them, got up and was very angry that we had to play this game day after day. I went into the back room where they always run to, but couldn't find anyone. I went back to my class, counted my kids again and got 6! Weird, I thought.

Then the next day it happened again. This time I double counted my kids, and when I went back again no one was there. That's when I got scared.

Throughout the week I was pretty apprehensive about going in my room but nothing continued to happen to me. I shared my story with a fellow employee in the same building, and watched her face turn white. She was in the infant room and her swings had been going off all by themselves. We got other girls that worked in our building together and asked if anyone had experienced anything odd. Turns out doorknobs had been turning, and lights going out on the other girls.

After that nothing else other then lights turning on and the toilet flushing all by itself, things pretty much stayed the same.

I just wonder if the cemetery had anything to do with it. And the whole work environment was horrible. My ex-boss was the worst person I have ever met, she was truly an evil mean woman. Any comments would be wonderful!

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Idaho

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, scarlettohara, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Danzz017 (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-23)
Childrens are the easiest way to communicAte for evil siprits according to Our religion.
girlymadness (1 stories) (16 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-11-02)
Maybe because your ex-boss was so mean maybe she had something to do with the hauntings, lol. 😁
scarlettohara (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-30)
I never thought about the electric works! Good point.

My ex boss denied anything that had to do with the paranormal. She brought such mean and bad energy into the place. She was the type of person who made you feel as small as she could, then build you back up amd make you feel important. She was very manipulative.

Sometimes, when I would go in the morning to open the building, the toilets would flush and it would scare me. It never felt evil, just scary when I was all alone. Then when I had a class full of kids, and it was day time I was not so scared.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-18)
I'm surprised no one mentioned to check the electricity. I know the author mentioned that most of the area was newly built but could there have been some wiring problem?

If that's not the case, I also agree with the energy thing. I feel that the kids might have pulled some playful energies. Did you get any good or bad vibes from these incidents? The bad boss could have attributed to the paranormal. Did she experience anything?
scarlettohara (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-17)
Thanks guys! I agree with all the different energys. That does make sence. I do not work there anymore, and its actually been a few years, and I now live in a different state. Otherwise I would try all the suggestions. I really was just curious to hear some opinions, because it seems like when I tell any one in person about it they look at me like I'm a little crazy haha I don't blame them though, I guess I would too if I had never experienced this. 😜 I guess it would make sence for spirts to come to a place that was filled with laughter and playfullness. Especially if they were children.
ghostgirl55443322 (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-16)
Wow that was a great story so intresting and who knows maybe it was just a person but most likely not... 😭
SirenBelva (7 stories) (64 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-16)
Assuming your experiences are unexplainable, sometimes young children seem to attract interesting energies. It could be the combination of having many young children in a concentrated area, a mean boss lady who radiates negative energy, frustrated employees who radiate negative energy, mysterious playful child-like energy, possible cemetery "resting" spirit energy... Seems like a lot of different types of energies flying around. As an educator myself, I notice a tremendous amount of energy--almost like static--especially in the elementary and high-school levels. All of those emotions flying around translate into something.

My advice: Radiate peace, love, patience, and tranquility. Cleanse the area. Be loving and kind to the kids and whatever you do, don't get scared and "feed" the energy.

I am not disagreeing with the previous posters who say that these occurrences are likely scientifically explainable in nature. I am merely offering this advice in case the occurrences are unexplainable.
Javelina (4 stories) (3749 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-15)
From the sound of things, it probably has nothing to do with the evil boss and whatever's up her butt. The activity sounds like children having a little mischief. The new construction may have brought things to life for a bit, but it should calm down after a while. If these are child spirits I would think they're happy as can be to have other children around. It could cause them to be boisterous at first but that's all.
If it doesn't calm down, or if your uneasiness with the activity is such that you don't feel safe, you can always apply Rooks recipe for cleansing the structure of any negativity followed by shielding. It's yours for the asking and it is a staple here at YGS.

Thank you for sharing and please keep us updated on any new developments.

Jav 😊
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
 
11 years ago (2012-10-15)
scarlettohara - thank you for all your answers 😊 Now I can get all the "normal" answers out of the way and go with the "huh, maybe there was someone else there 😆."

Like I said, I wasn't discounting your experiences at all. And I really do appreciate you answering my questions. Again, thank you 😊
scarlettohara (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-10-15)
Thanks for all the comments! Great to get feedback! As for the other children through out the building, yes you are right! That is how day cares are, this particular facility though I was in the only occupied classroom in that area. The other two classes happened to be one infant room, and one 18m room. The 18m room has a gate that the kids can't get out, if one of the kids did happen to get out the teacher would have gone after them. Also there were two buildings, my class was the oldest of the two. The door knob speculation I agree could happen with the older class, but once again all kids are being watched so there is no way they would be on the outside of the door. Also its a half door, so if it was an adult the teachers would see them. One last thing with the lights, they are scencor lights, which means there is no switch per sag. Just turn on when some one enters the room! I do value your opinion, and thank you for your imput!
19isabela73 (8 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-10-15)
An "evil mean woman" running/owns a day care? Now that's scary!
ryanrowe82 (7 stories) (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-15)
Doesn't seem to be anything harmful, more playful than anything. I really wouldn't worry about anything. If they wanted to hurt anyone they would have done it already. It's a scary situation, I know, but there's not really a lot you can do about it, so you just have to go along with it. Next time it happens say something like "good morning kids", then go about your business. This let's them know you have acknowledged them, are not afraid of them and that they're welcome.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-15)
Scarlettohara,

I have to say that the cemetery might be a part of what you are experiencing because the construction of the new building could have stirred up the spirits on the land.

Thank you for sharing your story.

Whitewolf,
scarlet_island (1 stories) (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-14)
Your experience must have been very frightening. People often discredit paranormal activity of any kind so I'm glad you and your coworkers spoke up. Let's hope the children don't see/experience anything.
Miracles51031 (39 stories) (4999 posts) mod
+2
11 years ago (2012-10-14)
scarlettohara - you said you counted your kids, but what about the other kids? I'm assuming, and I admit I may be wrong, that your day care is like others I'm familiar with. If so, the ages range from 6 weeks or so to preschool age, which would mean there are 3 and 4-5 year olds also, right? I'm just wondering if you thought to check with the other women in the day care to see if one of their children "escaped" 😆

I don't think the cemetery really has anything to do with the activity in the day care. There are a lot of places located near a cemetery that don't experience activity. What I do think is most of the time, because there is a cemetery nearby, the mind is already preset to that thought. We can thank Hollywood for that 😉 I can't say that it's not possible, though. This is just my opinion.

As for the doorknobs, there are a couple of different things I can think of that could have happened. You are the only one who would know if it's possible. Could one of the children have been on the outside of the door playing with the doorknobs? Or an adult who started to enter a room, turned the doorknob, got distracted or changed her mind, without opening the door?

The lights, though, was it the light switch itself that was turned off or just the lights flickering and going out?

I'm not discounting your experience or that of the other women. Just trying to see if maybe it's a normal experience rather than paranormal.
Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-10-14)
An interesting experience. Please let us know of any updates. Do you have any development plans of the centre? Was it built on an old part of the cemetery?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: