You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Figures Watching Us From The End Of The Bed

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Figures Watching Us From The End Of The Bed

 

I was on holiday in India about 3 years ago with both of my parents, my boyfriend and my step brother from my dads' side. It was about a week into our 2 week stay when something happened in our hotel room.

The room me and my boyfriend shared was not huge, it was on the ground floor with a door next to my side of the bed leading outside onto a lawn where you could see all the other blocks of hotel rooms, and on my boyfriends side was the door that leads to the stairs to the other rooms in our block. Opposite the bed (about 5ft away) was a small wardrobe and a tiny fridge, not a lot was in the room really as we were not in there a lot.

I always usually sleep all through the night without waking but one night I opened my eyes to realise I was sat upright in bed looking at two dark figures at the bottom of the bed! One was crouching, and one was standing upright, just staring at me! No face, or features, just a dark shape of these two 'men'. I asked my boyfriend (who had woken due to me sitting up) "who are those men?" he looked at them and told me he didn't know so I kind of said "oh okay" and went back to sleep. He stayed awake for a while absolutely petrified under the covers and then fell asleep.

The next morning we had both totally forgot about what we had seen so went down to meet my brother Matt and my parents for breakfast. We sat down and were eating and talking until Matt said "Woahh I don't know what I've eaten or drank here but I swear I saw two men in my room last night! One of them was crouching and one was standing by my bed! I s**t myself and hid under the covers!" My heart sank! Me and my boyfriend looked at each other in shock as we remembered we seen them too! The scary part... Was he was on the very top floor and we were on the bottom!

I know when you hear stories like this you think "Yeahh but it could have been a shadow, or your eyes playing tricks on you" but I know what we saw was real... I could clearly see the outline of the crouching ones knees and legs as he sat there. They were as clear as day in a solid black shadowy kind of way, staring at me in the dark. I can't explain how weird it was! We checked the room to see if it could have been a shadow but it could not have been, and we never saw them again. Part of me thinks it could have been hotel staff... But why would they do that? Nothing had been stolen at all and when I looked at them they never flinched or tried to hide at all. I don't know how they could of got in either! One of us would have heard them as both doors were right next to us.

That was the strangest thing that has ever happened to me and I WISH I had gotten up to turn the light on! Who knows what I would have seen! Maybe it was best not to!

Gina.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, GinaBee, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DaBadMan (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-25)
This is interesting to me gina. Thank you for sharing it. I have never experienced two visible entities apparently engaged in the same activity at the same time. Please consider giving us the name of the hotel. Could you please clarify, did anyone see how these "shadow people" left? I mean, were they still in place the last anyone saw of them or had the disapparated or moved off in some fashion?
RTL89 I can fully understand what you mean. At the same time I must remember that we never know how we may react until we are put in that position as even you have said. I would have sworn that I would cringe in fear if a gun were ever pulled on me until it happened and instead I became aggressive. Or that I would scream like a schoolgirl (no offense to any schoolgirls former or present) if a glass were thrown by an invisible force, until it happened.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-03-30)
Runswithlydia, regarding your statement 'a place like India has to be full of spirits because of the very nature of the spirituality there'... Spirits do not select a particular country to haunt, you know. Please stop making such shallow statements and creating stereotypes about a country you obviously know nothing about.
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-10)
so you got up the next morning & totally forgot what you had seen?... WHAT?
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-13)
RTL89, I'm not sure I'd be doing you any favours by wishing you will have a paranormal experience. How about instead of that I wish for you to experience something magical, rather than terrifying, which will take away all your doubts? When it happens, you'll have to let us know how you react.
RTL89 (8 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-10)
True points, but all I know is that if it were me in this situation, and I awoke to see two distinct shadow figures peering at me from the end of my bed and furthermore, I could see one distinctly crouching while staring at me, i'd be shooting up out of that bed screaming my head off fumbling or the light switch. But I guess everybody's different, right?
I apologize for the "ridiculous" comment, I just get frustrated as a whole when I keep reading these stories of people who claim to have paranormal encounters, when I have not had ONE single event in my lifetime.
ivory (9 stories) (77 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Hi GinaBee! Your experience is fascinating and thank you for sharing it. You know what we react differently according to situation we are in. (maybe she is just too sleepy to care or her sleepiness cause her to think that whatever she saw is just part of her dream) Although sometimes our dream look so realistic that we thought its happening in real time but when someone experience it the same time we do, Well its a different story... I posted my experience here concerning an 'unseen' comforting me and some will react differently the way I did. Adding to the fact that I hate having someone touch me or crowding over my personal space (The Last Goodbye And The Unseen)
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
RTL89 I do have to agree that the reaction is not one that I would have had but I would say that your calling it ridculous is a little over the top. People react differently when put in circumstances, her boyfriend was awake remember this and she may have felt comfortable going back to sleep with that knowledge. We also do not know if at that exact point in time she felt her eyes were playing tricks on her and the next morning at breakfast was when it clicked it really happened.

Gina thank you for sharing your story, I found it intersting.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
RTL89, although it would be nice to get some further details/clarification from the OP, I think it's a little harsh to call her actions "RIDICULOUSLY unrealistic." An encounter with extreme strangeness often provokes an extreme or unusual reaction, and in my view her reaction only adds credence to her account. Plus, it makes me wonder if whatever this was had something to do with their unusual reaction. Just a thought.
RTL89 (8 posts)
+4
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
Wow! See, I find stories like this to be very fascinating becaus ethey seem to cue us in to some form of afterlife, which is very interesting! However, what I honetsly get frustrated with are these same stories with the people who tell them giving such awkward and peculiar reactions to what they experience.
For instance, you woke up, your boyfriend was up as well, you asked him what was at the end of your bed, he said he didn't know. So you just go "ahhh well", and you both sink back down into bed and fall asleep?
I'm sorry, but something doesn't add up with that. How are we supposed to believe your story when your actions are RIDICULOUSLY unrealistic? Not judging the validity of your encounter, just venting my frustration in how it's written.
Runswithlydia (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
Interesting story, a place like India has to be full of spirits because of the very nature of the spirituality there. Chilling account.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Very bizarre, both the incident and your reaction ("I kind of said "oh okay" and went back to sleep"). I live for these kinds of shadow person encounters because it was my own shadow person encounter that brought me to this site. If you're interested, I believe you can click on my username which will take you to my profile, where you can read my post about three strange silhouettes or shadow people. I'm afraid I don't have any answers for you. Just questions of my own. There is a lot of information about shadow people online, though, so I would encourage you to do some research. Basically, there are many theories about what they could be: aliens, trans-dimensional beings, ghosts, you name it. I'm not sure what they are, but sometimes I think they were testing me for something and I failed because I was too scared. Maybe that's a good thing.
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-07)
Dear Gina,
Congratulations on your first story being published. 😁
And what a terrifically adventurous holiday you had had in India! 😉
Well written I must say... So nice of you to share with us. As you have not asked for help, I won't be wracking my brain as to what they were. I would leave that to my esteemed friends who are way more experienced than I am.
Since I am from India, would you please give me the details of the place of your stay and the hotel's name, so that I might find out more or perhaps even visit.

Thanks
Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: