You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Hotel Guest

Real Ghost Stories

Hotel Guest

 

I was traveling to Montreal on business and was staying at the Loews Vogue hotel downtown for two nights.

Just after check in, I head to my room to freshen up before heading out for dinner. The room was a suite actually. When you walk in the door you have a fairly large lounge with couch, desk, TV, large window and when you turn right there is the bathroom straight ahead and to the left is a separate bedroom, also with a large window and TV.

As I was stepping out of the shower, I thought I heard voices. I quickly wrapped a towel around me and walked out of the bathroom, looked to my right and noticed the bedroom TV was on. I knew I hadn't turned it on since I arrived only minutes ago and immediately thought that someone like the maid had been in the room while I was in the shower and turned it on. I shrugged it off.

I turned the TV off and closed the curtains in the bedroom as I was about to get dressed, then I walked into the lounge to close those curtains as well. As I turned the corner back into the bedroom I was shocked to see that the curtains were open by about four feet. I thought maybe there might have been a spring-back action to these heavy curtains, but when I closed them a second time I tested them and there is no way they could have sprung back open four feet! Maybe a few inches, but not four feet! To be honest I was a little excited at this point and thought I was not alone, but not scared or uneasy... Yet.

As I was blow drying my hair the shower mat that I had folded over the bathtub had fallen to the ground outside the tub, but I couldn't be sure I had it on there securely so I shrugged that off as well. Nothing else happened that night apart from the fact that I didn't feel alone the whole time I was there.

The next night is when it started getting freaky...

The one thing that was of significance about this particular night was the fact that I was meeting my cousin whom I was very close with my entire life apart from the falling out four years prior and this was the first time I was seeing her since then. We had made amends over the phone and I was looking forward to seeing her and hearing all about her new family.

Before my cousin arrived a few things happened. One was the swipe key for the door wouldn't work on my way back from the office so I went down to the lobby and they said it was probably because I had the key next to a credit card, but it was in my coat's breast pocket the whole time. Of course I wouldn't have thought anything of this if it wasn't for all the things that had happened the day before.

The next thing was the power in the bathroom going out while I was blow drying my hair. This hotel was a luxury hotel so I found it strange that there would be a short, but less than a minute later the power came back. I just let my hair dry on its own after that.

My cousin arrived with a few items of clothing that my deceased grandmother we both had been very close to, had left my cousin's mother and she wanted me to have her orange polyester tunic that I remember was her favorite. We reminisced and were so happy we had reconnected. It was as if we had never been apart.

That night we were sitting in the lounge after coming back from dinner and I was telling her about all the strange things that had happened in my room and she said, "maybe Granny"... And before she could finish her sentence we heard something hit the floor in the bathroom. We both looked at each other and slowly made our way to the bathroom giggling in a nervous way. There it was on the floor again. The mat had fallen, but this time not only was it wet when I had placed it on the edge of the bathtub, but I made sure that this time there would be no way it would fall down unless something supernatural had something to do with it. Also, it was folded on the floor about a foot away from the edge of the tub.

Needless to say it freaked us out, but we had each other that night so we weren't scared, besides, maybe she was right, maybe it was Granny and she was happy we had found each other again. We've been close ever since and will remain close.

Thank you for reading.

Other hauntings by mellybarr

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, mellybarr, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-02)
Somehow I missed this story but I'm glad I found it. Even before my experience in a hotel here in Toronto, I always found hotels weird place to stay; I just don't know, it gives me a weird vibe. After my experience, I don't think I will be staying in a hotel anytime soon.

As for your experience, it could be your grandmother. Did you consider asking the hotel employees if there was any incidents that occur in that particular room? Did you do your own investigation?
Isolde (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Audrone, why? Don't you need a good night rest to conduct your business affairs? 😕 😆
mellybarr (4 stories) (46 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Yes, she was very humorous as a matter of fact. She was an artist and we were very close since I inherited her talent. 😊

It's been over 15 years since she passed though. She was a strong, passionate woman and I admired her.

Audrone, I am originally from Montreal. I would suggest staying there or Hotel de la Montange. It's a short walk from the shops on St. Cathrine and a few steps away from Crescent st. If you like the pub and bar atmosphere.

Thanks for your comments. It was by far the most paranormal activity I've had in one night!
twelveam (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
I was wondering how long it has been since your granny passed? Sometimes when its more recent, our loved ones are able to interact with us more frequently, all depending on if they have completely crossed over or not. Sounds like it could very well be your granny, since all theseb events occured the same time you reunited with your cousin! Then again, it still may be the hotel.

Was your granny a humorous person?
Audrone (13 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
I'm going to Montreal in January on business. I hope I get to stay there!
Runswithlydia (1 stories) (27 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-08)
Hotels and hospitals have always been creepy places for me as well. I travel on business a lot as well so I know a little about creepy hotels. Good story.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: