You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Children Who See Spirits :: A Couple Of Creepy Events

Real Ghost Stories

A Couple Of Creepy Events

 

This story is about my step son who is 4 years old. My boyfriend and I just moved into a new apartment. When my step son would come over he would be in the living room talking to the wall. I would walk in there and ask him who he is talking to. He would reply with "My friend. Don't you see that man right there?" it really freaked me out. He would see him in all rooms. Not just the living room. Once we were in the bedroom, I was folding some clothes and he was playing his PSP, when he just stopped, looked up and said "Oh hi!" he then got up and started talking to "his friend".

The apartment did have a weird vibe. Sometimes I felt like someone was watching me. I would be very scared to use the bathroom at night or be alone in the apartment. Sometimes balls would move in the house. Randomly start rolling around. A ball would sit on the floor for a long time undisturbed and then out of the blue roll across the floor. I assumed that the apartment flooring and or building had a slight slant to it so I tested my theory with the ball. I picked it up and put it back where it was. There it stayed. A little while later it rolled across the floor again very slowly. I was convinced that something unseen was moving this ball. If the floor did have a slant to it, it would have moved immediately. I do not live in this apartment any more. Since I moved in my new apartment I have not had any weird feelings and my step son does not have his "friend" any more.

I really do wish I could experience more. People who are sensitive to spirits think I am crazy for saying this but it's true. I believe so why am I not sensitive?

Other hauntings by faith17

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Connecticut

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, faith17, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Unexplained (2 stories) (122 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
An interesting experience. One way to find out, with regards to the moving ball, is to check whether the floor is even by testing it with a spirit level, just to make sure that the apartment didn't have a sloping gradient to it.

Children seem to be perceptive to things that adults do not ordinarily see. Not sure whether they can see light frequencies that grownups don't and, as such, can see spirits that are not visible to most older people.
emilymae16xx (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
The experience altogether is really creepy, however there could be an explanation to it. Small children get 'imaginary friends' when they are little and seeing as you said he was 4 years old, that could be the case. However it is strange it stopped when you moved house, if your wanting to experience more, then why don't you try and communicate with spirits, however be careful as it is dangerous more than you think. Might answer your question though.
faith17 (3 stories) (29 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
Now that I wrote all that I forgot to comment on the "crazy" part. I guess some people are a little freaked out by the ability to see spirits. Maybe some people really do not want the "gift" as it is much responsibility.

Bluerose,
To answer your question. Definitely 100% sure there was no wind. 😊
faith17 (3 stories) (29 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-12)
Thank you so much all of you for your kind words and wisdom. Since I wrote this I have done a little more research. I realize that I do need to be a little more peaceful with myself and more aware of my surroundings. Sometimes we go through life not really paying attention to the little details. My mother is a buddhist and very spiritual in nature. She meditates everyday. I have been thinking more about meditating. All of you guys have made a lot of excellent suggestings and points.
Whitewolf I definitely can relate to you. I too am an em-path. A lot of people seem drawn to me to open up to me and tell me their inner most feelings. Even complete strangers feel than can talk to me. As I do more research into the mind I realize just how deep we are as people and how many different dynamics there are to how the mind works. Also all the different levels of "sensitivity" there are. I never really thought that merely feeling a "presence" could mean I am sensitive. Thank you for opening me up. I have learned so much more from this site. 😊
Bluerose19 (3 stories) (164 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-11)
Seems like your stepson used to interact with some spirit, who might have been invisible to you. Almost all posters are discussing on one of the lines you talked about being sensitive, so I will leave that part. I would look more into the part of the moving ball.

Well,as you said there was no 'slant' of the house and the ball started rolling after sometime, so just a possibility in that case, Could it not have been that wind made it roll? 😲
Isolde (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-10)
To Faith, I'm sure there a tons of books to be found on the topic.
I'll give my two cents and hope it makes sense to you. Try to meditate, during which you let go of the daily mambojambo, let go of everything you think is real, find your core, stretching your borders, opening yourself up, sort of reprogramming basically, it will take time, but slowly change your mindset.
I'm sure others can explain it better though.
Isolde (guest)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-10)
Newhunter, thank you for your answer. Personally I don't think wanting the ability is a crazy desire. It can be enriching, only that one should travel that path with caution.
WhiteWolf (4 stories) (147 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-10)
I would like to clear some things up. Everyone on this earth is born with psychic abilities they do not lose these abilities through lack of use but of how we grow up in society, it all depends on your family life (if your family believes in psychic abilities or not), like myself for example my mother has psychic abilities and believes in spirits which she has told me many stories when I was little which opened my mind to the existence of spirits and showed me that I too had psychic abilities I am an Em-path, which comes to the point of view if "psychic abilities are a gift or a curse?" they can be both since I can feel the physical pain of those around me I can say that it is some what of a curse because I have to close my minds eye when I am around others so I do not feel their pain. It is a gift because when I am around people I can open my minds eye when I see that they are distraught and help them with any emotional troubles, another reason that I find it a gift is that I have become close to people.

To my second point about society it depends on if you are religious because some religions do not believe in psychic abilities and will try to disprove them, it also depends on the people that you are around such as school or in the town that you live in there are people that will flood your mind that psychic abilities is just smoke and mirrors. With so many opinions in your life you lose your abilities.

I hope this helps 😁.

Whitewolf,
DragonStorm80 (1 stories) (440 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Those were some odd happenings you had in your old apartment for sure! And it was very smart to test out the ball on the floor.

I think you are sensitive already, perhaps not on the level you would like to be, but sensing a presence etc. Certainly shows you are sensitive to these things.

I suggest purchasing some books on the subject and learning more about it all, there are many books out there that can guide you as far as you want to be in your spirituality and "gifted" journey.

Please keep us posted.
blacksky (1 stories) (18 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
I don't think it sounded at all that there is any jealous nature. Its very good that you noticed he was having this interaction and made your own test just to see. There are all sorts of ways to be sensitive to the spirits. You felt the uneasy, you knew it was there. This is called "knowing" you may not hear it or see it, but you know something is there you just feel it. Do research on psychic experiences and you can find all the things to answer your questions.
GemmaK (2 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
In regard to your question of " I believe so why am I not sensitive?" is this: From the first time I read your experience, and I hope you won't be mad on me for saying it, is that you are a little bit jealous on your kid. My personal advice: please don't be or be careful what you are wishing for. In some cases it's not even about if a person is sensitive or not. Sometimes the spirits might choose you to communicate, that's all.
Probably you wonder how a small boy can see and hear a spirit. Well from what my good friend told me when I've asked her something like this is that when we are small our hearts and souls are pure; we don't have any preconception towards anything and anybody, but as we grow older and start to learn what's good or bad we start to lose the purity of our soul and mind.
I hope I've answered your questions. 😁
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
i meant that the people who say she is crazy for wanting the gift may be saying that because they are veiwing it as a curse due to have negative experiences, not that someone who wants the gift is crazy or cursed.
Isolde (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Thanx, but I don't see the link between being viewed crazy and cursed. Could you elaborate?
I just referred to the experiences this gift can bring, when these experiences are predominantly negative in nature, the 'see-er' will unlikely think of it as a gift 😊... Well, maybe a very lousy gift 😊
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
That is a true comment Isolde I just did not think to add that in my comment but that could explain why people think your crazy, they may veiw it as a curse.
Isolde (guest)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
Some people on the other hand experience this gift more like a curse. I'm not saying that it is, so don't kill me, but it all depends on curcumstances.
newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-09)
faith to answer your question of " I believe so why am I not sensitive?"

People are not sensitive because they believe in ghost/spirits/paranormal things. They are given a gift that allows them to be sensitive. I have heard a theory that everyone is born sensitive but the ability has been lost through the lack of use. I do not know which is true but my belief is that it is a gift that is given to people. I hope this helps answer your question.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: