You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Scary Sleepover

Real Ghost Stories

Scary Sleepover

 

As of now, I am 15 years old, and my first encounter with "a ghost" was when I was around 7 years old. I was at my house and my friend Tony came over (my best friend at the time) and he asked to sleepover like we would always do every Saturday night. During the day we would laugh and play games, getting darker and darker outside, it was close to midnight.

I pulled out the sofa bed and started getting everything ready. Tony threw a pillow at me and I threw one back. After a while I was getting kind of bored, so we turned on the TV. With the sofa bed pulled out, we could see the front yard through the huge window in the living room right next to the bed. I saw the reflection of the TV in the left-top corner of the window and thought it looked cool so I decided to jump on the other couch and look at the TV's reflection through the window. While Tony was still on the sofa bed, I glanced up to the sky and looked at the moon. The moon's light was so bright it shined into the open front yard. I glanced back down into the front yard and suddenly looked away, not knowing what I have just saw. I then realized something was there and looked back into the middle of my front yard.

I stared, fright in my eyes, and couldn't look away. Standing in the middle of the yard was this orange, human-like figure. Then the figure started walking forwards towards me as if it was coming for me. My heart was beating so fast, but I had to see if it was just my imagination. I tried blinking, but still, I saw it. As it got closer and closer, I could see it more clearly. What really scared me is that there was no face on this human figure and its body was slightly see through. I couldn't handle this pressure anymore so I quickly closed the curtains and closed my eyes.

I gripped those curtains so hard with my sweaty hands, shaking so much, I couldn't think what to do. I thought in my head these exact words, "Lord, I'm scared. Please keep me safe." I opened my eyes, heart still pounding, then I opened the curtains again. Where had the figure gone? It was no where to be found.

Could it have been the TV reflection? Then I thought, no it couldn't have because the TV was in the top-left corner of the window; not the middle. Well, could it have been the reflection of Tony in the window? I asked him, and it turned out he was laying down the whole time watching the TV, and I already knew that because I glanced at him a few times while looking out the window. I sat there trying to come up with a solution, but couldn't find a reasonable one since I didn't believe in stuff like that. Still scared, I stood up and went to all the windows to cover them up with curtains. Luckily Tony was there with me or I would of had a worse reaction.

Every time I talk about this encounter, I get really emotional. I still don't know what truly happened that night, but it will forever haunt me.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Virginia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Darksecret2277, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

cassis (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-21)
Hope it doesn't scar you for life... For a 7 year old to experience such a thing... Hmmm 😕
brenttan (64 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-21)
You say you saw an orange figure - perhaps that was a prisoner in orange prison jump suit who was shot there by police? Don't know why it should be orange other than this idea. Never heard of a ghostly figure being orange, the usual colours are greyish, or blackish or white. You did right to pray for help. Take care and have faith continuously.
creepy (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-21)
its amazing that you can even talk about this scaring experience good for you! 😁
Kuhlmad (3 stories) (57 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
That is quite an experience for a 7 year old to go through. Have you seen this figure since this experience? If not, I think you can chalk it up to a random experience. I wouldn't let it scare you too much. Makes for a great story right?

Thanks for sharing! 😁
twelveam (74 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-20)
Hi Darksecret,
That sure was a truly unnerving experience you had, WOW!

I also have a close friend that has a great deal of "paranormal" happenings for 20+ years now, and one of their occurences that has happened quite a few times is that she see's apparitions running about the front yard!

My question to you is: Have you had anymore experiences since and if so, could you reveal those as well?

I have never heard of a sighting at a property and then never re-occuring ever again at least of a "similar nature.

Do you also still live in the same house or still have ties to it?

In any case, thank you for sharing with us! 😁
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-19)
Dear Darksecret2277,
You are a brave lad not to have screamed your lungs out 😐
Ever wondered that your mind could have been playing tricks on you?
Another possibility; might it not have been an extra-terrestrial wanting to check you out from close quarters, no bad intentions though?

Do post if you have any more experiences further...

Thanks for sharing
Regards

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: