You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: A Haunted Life :: Is It Possible For Someone To Be Susceptible To Ghosts?

Real Ghost Stories

Is It Possible For Someone To Be Susceptible To Ghosts?

 

Now I personally have never believed in ghosts. However events currently taking place are changing my mind. Let me take you back three years ago.

I was working in a pun as a chef, supposedly the place was haunted but I never saw anything as such. It was there though that I met my girlfriend who lived just down the road at the village hall. We hit it off really well and got into a serious relationship quickly. However she never told me about these recurring nightmares and strange occurrences which were happening.

It was not until one night that I got a phone call from her sister that my girlfriend had got up in the middle of the night, gone to the toile, started to scream and throw herself around the room. Her niece who was 4 at the time came to see what was happening, when she spoke my girlfriend turned screamed really loud and tried to throw herself out of the window. Her sister and her boyfriend had to physically pin her to the floor until she passed out.

It was after this that my girlfriend had no recollection of what happened but divulged that strange things happened in the house such as footsteps when the house is empty, sometimes when it is not. She also used to see the soot handle glow orange (her sister also saw this). What she told me next was disturbing to me. She told me she sometimes held conversations in her head at night with people as long as she stayed in this docile state of mind. They told her their problems and asked questions but when she tried to concentrate too hard it would stop.

One night however while asleep she awoke to a heavy object pushing her into the bed, the more she resisted the stronger it got until finally she managed to whimper help. To which the force just disappeared. As a result her mum and sister phoned a woman who dealt with this kind of thing, when she spoke to my girlfriend she told her that she had a light in her belly and that this light made her susceptible to being contacted by the other side and if she opened herself up she could communicate with them. She told her she was like a magnet to ghosts and that good ghosts follow her and protect her wherever she goes, that they fight off bad spirits and that they have been moving things, making noises and trying to talk to her in her sleep.

Is all of this possible?

From what I have seen myself at times with her talking, sitting up and laughing in her sleep, with taps being turned on in rooms what nobody enters, light bulbs constantly breaking, could it be real?

I don't know for sure. But is sure as hell makes the hairs in the back of my neck stand up.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from United Kingdom

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, MrRonan, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

newhunter30 (2 stories) (137 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-29)
MrRonan I understand that your girlfriend has had many medical tests run but has she had mental tests run? I did not see anything where she had been to a psychiatrist and as you stated "I'm no doctor nor an expert in paranormal activity but I know her very well and in my mind there is nothing mentally wrong with her." You stated that you are not a doctor so she should have this done. I mean no disrespect but you seem like you are unwilling to hear that there is a perfect normal non-paranormal reason for this to be happening.
GreyFeather (44 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-27)
I don't think the girlfriend is possessed. Her docile state, where she's talking with spirits, is meditation. She should stop doing that. You both can pray to God for His protection and guidance. It seems your girlfriend likes the attention from the spirits when she meditates, but she's getting the wrong attention and from the wrong/bad spirits. She is opening herself up without knowing who she's letting in. She's playing with fire.
MrRonan (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-11-27)
I don't believe it is possession. Does not seem consistent enough to be that.
As far as a medical explanation can be involved, she has no mental illness in the family, from tests she has had in the past including many trips to the hospital specialist due to her going through insomnia at one period of time and nothing pointed to any medical illness, the closest thing we ever got to a medical answer was mental exhaustion syndrome which is very difficult to diagnose.
The strange happenings do not happen a lot, I am talking about maybe once a week. For example light bulbs will break and there is a small toilet in our house which we never use (because we have a big bathroom and an ensuite toilet. This particular toilet however finds its taps turned on in the night, I'm not talking about a little bit I'm talking about fully open. This results in us being woken up by the noise.
Other strange things what have happened was getting into bed we mentioned that it was very cold this night. So we got cosy and fell asleep, when we awoke earlier than normal the next morning the heating had been turned up really high. So it kind of reminds me of Casper the friendly ghost.
My girlfriend is quite spiritual and since her father passed away of late she believes it is him looking out for her and perhaps playing tricks on her. I suppose it is a possibility.

I'm no doctor nor an expert in paranormal activity but I know her very well and in my mind there is nothing mentally wrong with her, she is the most intelligent, kind hearted person I know.

Does anybody know anything about portals being in places where ghosts apparently surround? Also a dream where I dark puppet with a white face has occurred a few times which ends in this shadow puppet growing and then trying to smother her?
Does this hold any significance?

All I really want to know is if it is a paranormal happening, does it sound like something I should worry about or is it possible for it to be just one of those things that I should not let it bother me?

Thanks for your help, it means a lot to get another perspective on this matter.
lsandhu (2 stories) (360 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2012-11-27)
I really do think your girlfriend should seek medical help and rule out any medical issues before you turn to the paranormal for an explanation. There could be sleep paralysis and/or mental health issues at play which, yes, clearly are potentially dangerous to her. You have described some kind of altered state of consciousness in which she tried to harm herself. If that's not dangerous, I don't know what is. However, until all medical explanations are ruled out, it's too soon and potentially dangerous to turn to the paranormal. However, to answer your question, yes, I do believe some people are more susceptible to the paranormal, and this is one possible explanation.
Nelli9x (1 stories) (8 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-27)
well, we all have heard stories of young women being possessed... Therefore I have heard of something like this before... That is, without the whole light in her stomach thing going on.

I doubt there would be any connection to the fact that souls--spirits are commonly depicted or seen as small balls of light... But to be honest, I really don't think that lady is being realistic, being you said nothing of the sort has happened before. I would suggest something like... Reading psalms three times before going to bed. (say 51 or 71) or sleeping with something that is of great importance to you. Some say if you sleep with your soul held tight it cannot be taken away. Not that her soul is being taken away, mind.
MrRonan (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-11-27)
There is no drugs nor anything else I can think of what could have affected her.
I have seen her do some really concerning things in my time with her, she would sit up, he eye lids would flutter and she would just laugh at an alarming rate, when I wake to see this I try to talk to her. Most times I get a response but her body and head do not move an inch instead I get strange answers to my questions.

Should I just ignore this? Could anything pose a danger to her health? Just worried if anything bad could happen to her.
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2012-11-27)
I think that there are people who are more prone to see or experience things. I like to call it insight into the paranormal. However, this sounds to be more than just that. When something like this is going on all things should be considered before making a final judgement, such as the wellness of your girlfriend, any drug problems, any medications she is on. Once all of that has been examined I would consider continueing on in this dilemma.

Zeta.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: