You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Taken Over

Real Ghost Stories

Taken Over

 

It was about 3AM and for some reason I couldn't sleep. I was laying in bed and all of a sudden it started to get really cold so I got up out of bed and got me another blanket, while I was walking back to my bed I felt like someone was following me. I stood beside my bed and I turned around slowly and there was nothing there. I jumped back into bed thinking to myself I'm just being paranoid.

It was still very cold and I was trying to get comfortable. I was moving around a lot and when I decided to turn on my side I couldn't move, I tried to get up but I still couldn't move. At that time I began to freak out and for some reason I felt like my head was all a blur it felt like someone or something was taking over my body.

I screamed for help but nothing came out of my mouth I screamed out to my mum as loud as I could but she didn't come. Then my mouth opened and I was saying something but I don't know what I was saying it was like another language or something I don't know, I was just trying my hardest to move and get up then I was on my back and a saw a black shadow standing over me I just laid there in shock staring at it for about 2 seconds probably not even that.

I couldn't see a face only a black figure of a person then it just went away through the wall, when the ghost or what ever it was left I was sweating, I didn't know if I dreamed it or what, but I never want to experience that again it seemed like it went on for ever

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New Zealand

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, wai, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

ChrisB (6 stories) (1515 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
This is a very scary story. Shadows are very scary! I believe that your father is giving you the best advice by saying that you should not be affraid. Spirits can feed off of fear. I think that shadow people are spirits who can not fully manifest. Maybe this is why you only see shadows. I hope to hear from you soon and take care
brainlessbandit (2 stories) (27 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-28)
Were you close to falling asleep when you felt paralyzed? Sometimes the body is exhausted or prepared to enter the first stage of sleep, the brain "turns off" motor function. Were you really tired? Because when one is tired enough the body can start dreaming while youre still awake (hallucinate).

Sorry if I sound skeptical. I'm a psychology student and I like to explore all possibilities.
gary11872 (1 stories) (60 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
hmmm... For this case I think you should wear a cross/religous symbol to bed, you should also try prayer.

If you ever start to feel this happen again you should tell the entity to leave. If you can't talk then say it in your head.

Love, peace, and chicken grease:)
Gary
Biemaster (7 stories) (192 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
Hi wai! Welcome to Your Ghost Stories and thanks for sharing your encounter with us!

While reading this story, the first thing that went to my mind was sleep paralysis. If you need to find out more about it, go to Google or Wikipedia and search for Sleep Paralysis. You also said that your brother and father said that they saw white shadows and you saw white, right? Are you a girl or a boy? If you are a girl, it can be that the " ghost" or whatever it is likes only boys or wants to show itself to boys? Its just a thought. Best of luck and I'm looking forward to your stories!

Biemaster
FinanceMajor (1 stories) (64 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-27)
I think this visitor has over stayed its welcome. I think you should get some holy water and bless your room, entrance to the door and around your bed. Sleep paralysis usually occurs when you are sleeping or about to sleep, it sounds to me you were awake and still minutes before sleeping.

When things would happen to me at night I would feel energy drained from me, it was incredible, the loss of energy was intense. Anything that can paralyze your body and keep you from moving is dangerous. Cleanse your room, prepare your bedroom closer to a wall to prohibit easy access where the spirit can harass you.
Good Luck.
wai (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
ahh not as bad as the 1st time I saw it,
My little brother has seen it to but it has never hurt him
Brownie09 (6 stories) (293 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Welcome to the site, hope you find it interesting. That must have been scary, sounds like to me that this thing wasn't nice at all. As you stated you went to get a blanket, and when you got back to your bedroom, you felt something watching you, it was probably waiting for you to come back, so it make it's self present, and tried to harm you in someway. Has there been anymore episodes with this thing? Sorry I can't be of any help. Thanks for sharing. 😊
wai (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
my little brother and my dad told me they see white shadows like it was glowing or something, but I have never seen it, I have only seen black shadows, my dad told me not to be scared, because he told me that it feeds on fear? Sometimes I still do see a black shadow but it doesn't do anything it just stands there looking at me for a little while then disapears then I start geting head aches and I start to get dizzy
Templar (1 stories) (24 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
On numerous occasions since I am a sensitive I have had spirits in bed with me many times I find out the next day that someone dies that was close to me or I am in an area where a lot of deaths have occurred but the only time it got a little dangerous was one night later I found out the next door nieghbor had passed and she must have been seeking comfort, I could feel the cold chill moving up and down my body but each time the spririt got close to my heart it hurt alittle and was uncomfortable. So I woke up. I wasn't mad it was just taking or had too much of an energy drain. Most of the time they just need someone to lie with and be warm and I accept it, pile on covers and go back to sleep. But usually black means not so good so do the usual and cleanse the room, religious symbols assertive speaking out loud telling it too leave, and don't feed it with fear.
Bella101 (2 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Wow that must been so scary having the feeling of beeing followed and not been able to speak.
Thanks a lot for sharing.! 😁
wai (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
thank you emma2008 I will try it now.
Yes I'm living in the same place and I moved rooms but now we have a lot of people living with us so I had to move back into that room and I'm freaking out I don't like being in that room and I hardly get any sleep, it happened a while ago ah yes I was awake I didn't sleep at all that night
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
I definately think you suffered from sleep paralysis. You should do some research on it first (try wikipedia), before you settle on it being paranormal. Good luck!
Katona1700s (8 stories) (168 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Omg, that is scary. Also Thanks for sharring 😁. Maybe you can talk to some people about getting rid of this shadow figure, well if you still see him around. But I hope you write back.

Katona1700s ❤
luvparanormal (12 stories) (268 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-26)
Thanks for sharring and welcome!
That is a scary thing to have happen to you. Are you still living in the same place? Did this happen recently?
Do you remember being awake before this happened?
Sorry too many questions just curious. I would like to try to help but need to know a few more things.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: