You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Psychic / Medium :: My Haunted Apartment

Real Ghost Stories

My Haunted Apartment

 

Here are random little ghostly events that have occurred in my current apartment.

The first ghost experience I ever encountered there was awaking one night to find a full size horse standing by my bed! (Quite a sight in my tiny apartment!) I screamed "What is that?" and then noticed there was a cowboy on the horse, dressed in traditional "Old West" garb. He tipped his hat to me, lightly kicked the horse with his spurs, and the horse sauntered off through the wall.

Now, I live on the 2nd story and the wall the horse went through was an outside wall. So, people always ask me, "Well, didn't the horse fall once it was outside?" Hello! It's a ghost! If it can go through a wall, do you think a little thing like *gravity* would be a concern? :-)

Another time, I awoke to find a guy standing at the foot of my bed. He was dressed in a dark blue checked shirt and khaki pants. He was about maybe 50 and was kinda pudgy. He didn't seem threatening at all. Once he realized I saw him, he just disappeared.

Another time, I was trying to fall asleep and noticed a "lump" under my blankets moving from the edge of the bed towards me, kinda slowly. I assumed one of my cats had crawled under there and was approaching me, so I put my hand out to pet it on top of the covers, saying, "Oh, what a cute kitty!" However, as soon as I put my hand down for the pet, the "lump" disappeared - nothing was there! That totally freaked me out - because, it had been a pretty big "lump" - definitely cat sized.

In my bedroom, I have a huge window that takes up at least half of the wall. Living in the middle of the city, there is always significant ambient light coming through that window, not to mention my neighbors very bright security light he always has on.

Anyway, one night, as I turned off the light to go to sleep, suddenly, I was thrown into total darkness. Like - have you ever been deep in a cave where no light can go? The kind of darkness that is total, complete and ...threatening!

So, I immediately turned the light back on and looked out the window to see if maybe the power had gone off in the city or something, but, no, all my town's lights were still on, shining through my window.

So, I turn the light off again and...total evil darkness again! Almost like, being thrown into another dimension! So, the light came on immediately again and stayed on the rest of the night!

Another time, I awoke just in time to see this hairy creature running at me carrying a club over his head, like he was going to hit me with it! I screamed and the creature stopped and was suddenly flung backwards, getting smaller and smaller until it disappeared.

Now, most of these things have occurred at night, so skeptics could say, "Oh you were tired, so you imagined it", etc. However...

Several times, during the day, in my living room, I will have this little cloud of small lights appear and swirl around near the ceiling for several minutes at a time. Since I am usually engrossed in my TV show, my cats are usually the ones to notice them first. They will all run to just below the cloud and all stand up on their hind legs and reach out with their paws towards the lights, chattering the way cats do when they are excited.

Then, just as suddenly as they arrived, they are gone. And, the cats go back to their business...of sleeping and destroying everything I own! Oh well....

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting.

CalypsoKimm (1 stories) (3 posts)
+1
9 years ago (2015-08-06)
Seems like the most parts are not really having bad intentions, however the clubguy, and the total darkness is creepy. Maybe your appartment is in a spiritual way for ghosts to go to the next world or something? 😜
Sandy1690 (21 posts)
+1
10 years ago (2013-12-16)
I certainly would have freaked out seeing a galloping horse or sight of going to hit by a club thing. I wish you luck and courage.
AngelusExMortis (1 stories) (11 posts)
+1
12 years ago (2011-12-21)
wow! That's crazy! I think I would be slightly concerned if I were seeing people come at me with a club! ❤ 😁
scrapmetalkitten (306 posts)
+2
14 years ago (2010-07-19)
I remember someone telling me they saw the spirit of a buck run through their living room and disappear through the wall.
The-Haunted-Teenager (1 stories) (5 posts)
+1
14 years ago (2010-01-11)
dude, totally freaked out, specially the club guy, but same thing as everybody else, I don't think they are trying to hurt you, they are going to the next world, maybe those ghosts have accepted that they are dead and are moving on
lioncat97 (2 stories) (67 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-09-24)
Hehe I wouldn't be worried if there was a cat ghost 😁.The lights turning off and the darkness was creepy though.
lovindaparanormal (1 stories) (14 posts)
+1
15 years ago (2009-06-15)
It definately sounds like your apartment is a place for "passers through". One way you might figure out for sure is to use a tape recorder. Simply invite anyone or any "thing" to leave you a message before they move on. Be specific though and let them know they are not invited to stay, but should go on to wherever they were headed. I hope this advice is helpful and I would love to hear from you again!
bardsidhe (38 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-06-01)
just a guess, but I would say that your apartment is a hotspot, probably rests on a leyline. Your Encounters seem random and without signifigant purpose, so I would say that more than one spirit is at work, and probably not the same spirits all the time,
you should keep track of the events and see if there is a patern, though I still think your must live on a Portal between this and bnext world, good thing you have cats, lol
metalhed16 (14 stories) (119 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-05-10)
lol your cats sound cute... I have videos of my new kittens on youtube... The links for all of my videos are on my profile page 😆
Joie (1 stories) (39 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2008-02-12)
I think that this is wild! I can't believe all of these things happen to you and you are still living there! I would not like them in my bed- thank you very much! Great stories!
whitebuffalo (guest)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-25)
It is true that animals can see things (and hear as well) that we humans can not. Rebecca did say that the reason the cats noticed them first was that she was engrossed in her television program. You must be a very open person, Rebecca, (I mean that in a good way, I am in no way cutting you down) to see and experience these things. I wonder, do you know how to shut some of them off?
evilblackwidow9 (6 stories) (132 posts)
+1
16 years ago (2007-11-15)
The reason your cats normally reconkize them before you is that they are said to be guardians of the underworld(Eyptian belief) and another thought is that maybe those spirits were drawn to you because they had something to say.

Blessed Be Ye
Lexiluca (8 stories) (78 posts)
+1
17 years ago (2007-06-22)
This is kind of cool, it's like your place is some sort of passing through area. Ha! I really like how you've accepted it. 😁
CJ (guest)
 
17 years ago (2007-02-26)
The exact same thing happens to me in my apartment. I'm the only one who sees them and my parents don't really belive me.
Rebecca (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2007-01-02)
Hi Everyone, Sorry I haven't written to answer your questions. As for what I think the "hairy thing" was...ack, who knows??? My experiences and studying on this subject have taught me that if an evil spirit wants to attack you, they will take a form they know is scary to you. The closest thing I could say the "hairy thing" looked like was Bigfoot. Now, that's not a particularly scary image to me (even though seeing one in person may be!), so it still doesn't make entire sense. And, it didn't seem as large as a Bigfoot would be - maybe only like 5'5 or something.

To Paige - I'm not quite sure what you are asking me. Yes - if you've read my stories, you will know that I do and have seen many ghosts, on occasion. Their appearance is always different, but the one thing they have in common is that they are always solid - not wispy bits of mist floating around.

As for what I do when I see a ghost - that depends. If it is one trying to attack me, I usually scream and fight it off. (Duh!) But, if it's just the floating lights or some random person standing around, minding their own business, my reaction is usually like, "Hey - that's a ghost! That's cool!". The ghosts tend to only stick around for a few seconds...it seems like once they realize they have been noticed, they disappear. Which is too bad because it would be interesting to be able to interact with them - the *nice* ones, that is! :-)
paige (guest)
 
17 years ago (2006-11-21)
do you see the ghost?please writt again for more information thank you and tell me about it.what do you do when you see a ghost. please pleaseleave a message thank you
jeanne (guest)
+1
17 years ago (2006-11-07)
im so sorry that your sisters died like that I would be terrified if that happend to me and thenhave my sisters die I would be sad like all the time and I always worry about my 2 older sisters even though they r older than me but you know I can see ghost 2 but I really never see the evil ones but sometimes they scare me.
steven (guest)
 
18 years ago (2006-10-14)
What do you think the hairy thing was
?
Victor (guest)
 
18 years ago (2006-09-14)
hairy creature running up to you with a club like its about to hit you? now thats scary, ill be freak out fa sure! dont you ever wonder what it really was?
Grace (guest)
+1
18 years ago (2006-09-08)
i know how u feel. my old house was the same way n after my brother in law was killed things got worses n more violent!!! now where we live i really havent seen or heard anything before just son son talks to my brother in law that passed away n we could smell his cologne or feel his pressence there.
Martin (602 posts) mod
+1
18 years ago (2006-09-03)
Hi Emma, you have a very touching personal experience, if not rather dramatic for a 12 years old girl, but you speak beyond a person with that age, thanks for your comment. I can't imagine a girl your age having so much wisdom for things most grown ups would freak out over.
Emma (guest)
+1
18 years ago (2006-08-31)
hi i'm 12 and when i was born my two systers who were killed by a man that broke into our house. i feel my systers in my room and i can see the inprint as they sit on my bed. i can see ghosts and its not unusual to to see evil ghosts or spirts, i mainly see them. i have been suffercated by a transparent spirt and have passed out many times.
things happen for reasons don't worry.
when i see spirts that want to harm me or look scary i imagion there not there or i ask for them to leave because they don't belong here... you should see someone if it bothers you! you not the only one remember that !!
alice (guest)
 
18 years ago (2006-08-09)
What happened in your housen is pretty freaky werent you scared!!!!! I would have never of been able to sleep in your room.
agusta (guest)
 
18 years ago (2006-07-22)
I would have moved! aren't you scared?
Brandy (guest)
 
18 years ago (2006-07-20)
wow. those are some scarry stories.about that lump, that would freak me out.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: