You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Bathroom Is Taken

Real Ghost Stories

The Bathroom Is Taken

 

I've always heard of stories from my wife and her cousins about their grandparents' house being spooky and haunted, and never really took any mind to them. I did always feel a dark heavy feeling visiting this house though.

I figured it was the tension of the family because they had a rough history of getting along. (Bad situations between my wife's mom and her mom's siblings.) Just after stepping out of this house felt like coming up for air in a pool.

Well anyway, we were at my wife's grandparents' house I believe for a holiday like Easter. I have two children. At the time they were about five, my little boy, and six, my little girl. Now they are nine and ten. The other children there were mostly older but one cousin was about the same age as my daughter, six. Let's say her name is Anna. My daughter is named, I'll say Cindy.

Well, nature calls and I head to the bathroom. Little girl runs from down the hall into the bathroom so I have to wait. Well, I'm like "Damn, okay I'll wait." Anna's mom comes walking to the bathroom and I say, "Bathroom's taken. Anna is in there." She said okay and then we we see Anna coming inside the front door with my daughter Cindy, just playing. Then I said, "I'm pretty sure there is a little girl in there with a yellow dress in there."

Anna's mom opens the door and no one is in there. I never left that door because I really had "to go" and no one for sure got by me into the living room to the outside because the only way out was by me.

I just wonder who was the little girl who went in the bathroom? Only two girls in that house it could have been but they were outside playing.

There are many other stories I've heard about this house, men's voices, touching, but never about a little girl and nothing I've experienced myself. Hopefully my wife can enter in her experience about this house because it, to me, is darker than a little girl.

My wife's cousins had experiences there and her grandfather died in that house a gruesome death from cancer in the neck. I don't want to go too much into detail with that.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Texas

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, josh_cabral, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

josh_cabral (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-01)
My wife's family grew up there and a few of the cousins, the girls, said that when they have slept over they have heard whispers in their ear and something brushing their hair while they are laying down.
They have said it was a male voice.
LittleWriter (4 stories) (10 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-26)
I once watched an episode of ghost busters or something similar, in which the family that called in for help was troubled by an entity which would mimic the appearance of one of the family members. Is it possible that this appearance might have been a doppleganger? Because you said it looked like your little niece, so it might have been a doppleganger manifesting itself as your niece at that moment. Pretty creepy though...
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-24)
Hello josh_cabral, welcome to YGS. Very strange experience indeed. But with only one encounter, it is difficult to comment further. I am eager to hear others' experiences in the house, if you could post.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
nani1212 (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-06-23)
Really weird stuff man I myself have once encountered this but I won't talk about it 😐

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: