You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The Woman In Red On The Road Taken

Real Ghost Stories

The Woman In Red On The Road Taken

 

As this is my first narration, please do bear if I m not so good in explaining. I have come across many stories through this sight, that I too wanted to share an experience of mine.

This incident took place in Goa, India. On the night that I had gone to my aunt's house for a sleepover, we all went out for a party. My 2 cousins, my aunt and myself, and not to forget the driver as well.

By the time the party ended, it was nearly 2 or 2.30 am.

As it got late, on our way back my aunt instructed the driver to take a shortcut. We all were tired after a great fun filled night. So the driver, let's name him Jackson, was a little hesitant because he knew of a shortcut, but was not completely sure of it and definitely didn't want to end up elsewhere.

On being insisted by my aunt, Jackson finally decided to take it though he somehow didn't feel right. The streetlights weren't on, a common scenario you find in Goa. It was quite a lonesome road, with no shops or residences around. As we were on the road travelling, I got this eerie feeling, but ignored it.

Soon the car stopped due to some problem in the engine. We just hoped everything would get better and the car started soon. Jackson got out to fix the car, it was then when I noticed this young pretty girl in a red dress. Before she approached the car, the driver fixed the problem and the car got started. I found it strange for her to be on the road this late all by herself. She knocked on the window, asked for a lift. To my surprise the driver just drifted off.

As we reached quite a distance, and slowed down the same girl was standing in front asking for a lift again. Jackson just sped off, and in a while we saw her again. This time she kept coming after us, keeping her pace with the cars. We all got frightened. We all got the chills. Finally we got into the town which was brightly lit up. We saw no more of her, and finally all of us were relieved.

This kept all of us awake at night, as none of us experienced anything like this before.

Next day when we told one of our neighbours, he told us that no one used the road in years, and some of those who did went through the same thing that we did...

No human could definitely run at the pace that she did. That freaked us out the most.

Other hauntings by chelseylobo

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, chelseylobo, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Dip1904 (115 posts)
 
9 years ago (2014-11-17)
I presume on the observation that the driver was hesitant to take unknown routes which he is not very sure of, and secondly perhaps of any impending danger situations. Let's hope someday a feedback on the driver's information comes up.
ghosthunter9876 (67 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-31)
Hi Chelsey Lobo I am from Goa too and your incident reminds me of a murder case where a guy belonging to the goldsmith community of Goa had his fiancee murdered and buried under a pile of rubble in a pit dug by the PWD department of the government of Goa and later her body was found after the guy confessed to police about the murder.
aimen (11 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-04-17)
Great story, the best part was that the driver knew the intentions of that girl and did not agreed to give lift...
chelseylobo (4 stories) (26 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-03-29)
Haven't done much research. But from what I heard from the neighbour to whom we narrated to, it seems that a girl was murdered on that road. While the murdered girl was being burried by the murderer, someone passed by that road on a motorbike, but didn't rush to aid the girl. (while being buried, she seemed to be alive) From that very day, she hunts those who pass by that road...
Since I have heard from someone, I don't really have an idea as to how much truth lies in it...
looney85 (3 stories) (188 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-27)
Chelsey, great story! I must say how terrifying that must of been. Have you done any research on this place... Maybe it would tell you how this all got started.

Keep us posted.

Looney 😊
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-21)
My dear zombie_killer_of_india, I will definitely not take it in the offensive. But, as I told you Mohini has different forms. Generally, it is that Mohinis will lure young men. You should know that the O/P is a teenager and we do not know about the driver's age. Who knows, it might be like that Mohini was trying to lure these guys. The Mohini manifestation can be done even if others are present. Again, generally, it does lure young men, when they are alone.

As you said, it is a great paranormal experience.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Shady4u (2 stories) (188 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-20)
Hey there! I am from India too and I've heard of this place in Goa. Somehow I didn't knew what exactly was haunting this place but after reading your story, I know all of it 😁. I loved the story. To me it would've been an awesome and thrilling experience. Great story. Be good. Thanks.
-Shady.
zombie_killer_of_india (35 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
[at]sds:Trying not be rude,
Its unlikely to be a mohini assuming that mohini only lure young men and that too when they are alone not when few people are there, because their spell can be easily broken.
And for story, its fabulous.
Keep posting,
Well wisher,Z_K_O_I
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-18)
Hello chelseylobo, I feel that it could be Mohini. Well, my friend had a similar experience in R.K.Puram Bridge in New Delhi not long ago, may be 3 months ago. His wife was also with him. It is better that you did not give a lift. There are different forms of Mohinis. Some spirits of young women would also turn into Mohinis. I feel that would have manifested before you in Goa.

Anyway it was better that the driver had an intution not to have given lift to her.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-03-17)
you're very welcome.

I was assuming that the driver probably knew about that special road because he was hesitant to take it in the first place... 😕
chelseylobo (4 stories) (26 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-03-17)
on asking the driver, he just kept saying it was his intuition which made him feel that something was not right... And ultimately he sped off...
Though I at times I too feel that maybe he did know something and didn't tell us so as not to scare us...
Thanks for your feedback.
cecil04 (6 stories) (62 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-17)
interesting account, thank's for sharing!

What did the driver tell about the incident?
I'm asking because he must have known 'something' due to the fact that he just sped off!?

Trying not to sound funny; maybe it would help that "red girl" to give her just that ride into the city?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: