You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Family / Friends Visits :: Who Has Taken My Abba Cd

Real Ghost Stories

Who Has Taken My Abba Cd

 

This is my second marriage. My first husband died in 1992 and I remarried in 1995. My current husband and I live on the Gold Coast in Queensland Australia. Ever since my first husband passed away I have felt that he is still around;things being moved around, my new husbands photo lying on the carpet in my office and more.

However, I want to relate this incident to you and perhaps somebody could offer an explanation. I awake each morning at 6AM and workout to music in one of the spare bedrooms. Recently, I decided to put on my ABBA CD as I find it extremely stimulating to listen to whilst undergoing my exercise regime). After I had completed the exercise, I turned off the sound equipment and took my little short-haired Lhasa Apso for a walk. The next day, I returned to the room to continue listening to ABBA and discovered there was no sign of the CD. Now, there has been nobody in the house apart from Brian (my husband who, incidentally, is a bit of a sceptic!) and me.

I have searched every CD and all around the room but there is no sign of the ABBA CD. Brian has also endeavoured to find the CD as he would like to prove to me there has been nothing mythical or sinister about this event. But now, ten days later, no CD. The other event is that at night before retiring to her bed, my little Tali (Lhaso Apso) looks in the direction of the room and her tail goes down! Even Brian has noticed this.

I wonder whether any of you have an explanation. Could it be my deceased husband and is he trying to tell me something? Should I talk to him? I am pretty spiritual but have never seen any ghosts. Being a Catholic I should not try to contact the dead but I would like an answer, if there is one...

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Australia

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, celine, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

CaitieBaby94 (3 posts)
 
14 years ago (2010-02-06)
He's telling you to stop working out to Abba:P
Nah I'm kidding I love abba. That's really weiird... Was your passed husband a fan of abba? Maybe its just him trying to tell you he's still around? Maybe hes tring to freak out your new hudband, has he made rude gestures about him or has he been rude to you? I dunnoo sorry!: (
princess123 (7 stories) (186 posts)
 
15 years ago (2009-01-02)
Hi Celine

I have 3 things to say:

Could your first husband not have a sort of grudge against your new husband?

Has your new husband said or done anything in any way to show no respect to your first husband?

Could your first husband be wanting to talk to you, like was there something IMPORTANT he wanted to tell you before he passed away?

Princess123 x ❤
MDK94 (19 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-10)
Hello Celine,
I believe it may be your husband and he may be trying to contact you. Sometimes the best thing to do is to contact spirits as he may be caught between this world and the next and your new marriage may be conflicting him. Let me remind you that I am not advising you do any of these things unless you truly want to and you shouldnt feel bullied by the way I typed this. SOmetimes my typing can get a little aggresive sounding when I have the icest intentions behind them. Best Wishes 😊
Linkrules2008 (20 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-09)
Hello.

I don't think that is your husband. I think your deceased husband is always with but I don't think that spirit is your husband. If your dog is scared of him and he is taking your stuff then it is probably a ghost that lived in that house before that might want you to leave. I don't know him or if he would do that kind of stuff but my educated guess is that he wouldn't.
celine (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Hello my friends - In case you are getting bored with me and my 'vanished ABBA CD - I want to tell you that I won't refer to this again unless I have something new to report either on this or another 'encounter'.
Please believe me when I say - I have not misplaced the CD - I am very organized - boringly so! - and everything has its place.
On talking to one of my daughters on the phone today, she was kind of surprised that Brian wasn't upset by this! It made me wonder, was I selfish in talking about it.
There is no way my little dog would hide it. She is small and wouldn't even reach. Besides she never goes into the room.
I am getting a little paranoid so, I will try and erase the whole thing from my mind. If something else occurs, I'll let you know. Until then, Bye, God Bless and I'll be reading your remarks and stories.
ElectricTNT (1 stories) (45 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Hi Celine

I too am a Christian, but I don't think that precludes me from believing that we are in the company of spirits. I know what the church says about where spirits go upon death, but that is tradition of the church and not based on the Bible itself. Where is heaven and where is hell?

I think you need to have a heart to heart talk with your first husband. If he's there, he'll respond if he's not, he won't. What have you got to loose? You are not in danger of loosing your soul for having a talk with a spirit.
Surya (39 stories) (867 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Hi Celine,
Thanks for sharing your story with all us.

It is very easy to mis-place things. The other day my mum told me she could not find her earrings, she remembered taking them of and putting them on the shelf and now they are no where to be seen. Maybe you put the cd away somewhere and have just forgotten. However, and only you know what you feel and sense, if you feel it is your first husband, I would although it is against your religion, contact him. If it was me, I would personally sit down and go back a bit to the events of the day the cd went missing.

Sorry I know it is not what you want to hear.

Look forward to hearing from you.
Surya
JPing (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Personally I don't think anything you've described in your story or your comments is any indication of a haunting. I agree with your husband, you misplaced the CD.

However, if you truely do believe your late husband is haunting your house, I would recommend trying to contact him. Though I can understand your hesitance to do so as a Catholic, you can't just ignore his spirit and not try to help him move on.
rhodes68 (14 stories) (1596 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-06)
Celine, hi and thank you for sharing your experience.

Sometimes things we consider accidental may bear greater significance while, other times, we unintentionally attach our own feelings, fear or even expectations to certain events that may have a very logical explanation. It's pretty hard to determine, at this point, if there's more behind your lost CD unless more things happen.

I live with 4 dogs and ever since one of them (the naughty one) realised I was obsessed with one particular object, she would sneak into my study, steal it and hide it in all the weirdest places in the house. I caught her doing it myself so there's no doubt as to their ability to do such thing. Once it was under the couch, then under the cushions on the sofa, into her kennel, behind the TV and a few days ago, between the bed and my dressing table.

Try to see if you can find the cd in all the places one wouldn't normally search before deciding it might be more than it appears.
celine (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Hello again friends - to respond to Abba CD -
My first husband John - had no real preference for ABBA. My current husband Brian would never take and hide the CD. He knows I'm concerned and has, himself, been searching for it. Brian is very sceptical about ghosts and still thinks I have misplaced it. I know I haven't.
My daughters, like me, feel there is something going on and want me to do some more exploration to uncover the mystery! Other happenings have been ornaments turned upside down, pictures titled and even a 'paper clip' under my pillow! But - I am not scared. I have a sad, warm feeling!
troyarn (5 stories) (479 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
I've been trying to get someone to take my old Shaun Cassidy records for years!

You never really stated whether your first husband was into ABBA at all, so I can only assume it was just misplaced (come to my house and watch me lose a million things a day).
If, however, there is a connection between ABBA music and your first hubby, then possibly he is trying to tell you something.
The photo of your present spouse on the floor is a sign and this lost CD could be another.
I am a Catholic as well and would not try to contact the dead over this. Maybe just wait and see if another sign shows up.
And let us know what happens!
celine (1 stories) (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Dear Friends who have commented on my story. I know in my heart this is my first husband. He did have some unfinished business in his life. I came across one of his notes in which he said "if only God gave me more time to make amends..." I cannot say tell you what he was referring to as I believe it would undo the loyalty I have always had. Maybe I haven't been able to move on because he is still here! Can anyone suggest what really happened to the ABBA CD. Where has it gone? Have some more mystical stories to share with you my friends. Love you, Celine
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Dear Celine,

Hello again, sorry, I forgot to ask a few questions in order to help you with your problem. So here they are

1.) Has your husband paid his respects to your first husband?
2.) Was the 1st husband a jealous type?
3.) Do you feel as if he has not moved on for some unfinished business?
4.) Was the CD holding any song you and your 1st husband kept close to heart?
5.) Did you forget a certain event in your past husband's life which he wanted to be remembered that day?

God bless you and I thank you once again for sharing your story with us. I hope you find your solution soon and may your husband rest in the arms of our Lord.

Note for Kim and Emma:

Please my dear friends, let us not fight with each other and let's all bury the hatchet. We need to respect each other's opinion and be respectful most of all. So please, let's have peace. God bless the two of you and have a nice day.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
KimSouth - my sarcasm wasn't meant towards your comment, in fact, sarcasm really wasn't intended at all. This woman is obviously scared, so why not try to make light of the subject a little and help put a smile on her face? Thinking before speaking KimSouth, lighten up!
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Sarcasm is not necessary Emma2008. The reason for my question is that this CD was playing at one of the first parties my husband and I went to together. WE also had a few of the selections p;layed at our wedding reception.

Please think before speaking (or writing)
Idate_Hatake (3 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Wow, you have yourself a little jealousy problem on your hands, hope you solve it, I have no clue 😕
Emma2008 (4 stories) (110 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Unless your late husband's name was "Fernando", I wouldn't pay any particular attention to the type of music on the CD.:) The CD was just taken because it was the only thing to take. Perhaps you should just replace it and carry on like nothing happened. Perhaps that in itself will trigger something else to happen and you can find out exactly what is going on. Whatever you do, don't be scared of it. Good luck.
KimSouthO (27 stories) (1960 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Was your first husband interested in this type of music? Did the CD have any special or significant meaning to it, or any song on there?

Thanks for sharing,
God Bless!
Francois (220 posts)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Dear Celine,

I guess you have an intelligent haunting at your hands; it could likely be your 1st husband. I think he wants you to do him a favour or simply wants you never to forget him. It could be jealousy as described in this quote in your story "my new husband's photo lying on the carpet in my office and more"

Thankfully, I don't think this is really an issue, more like a everyday problem. The ghost is not malevolent and you or anyone in that matter is not getting hurt. As a Roman Catholic, I advise you get your house blessed and pray that his soul arise unto the heavenly gates were St. Peter and the great heavenly choirs stand guard awaiting those who deserve to see paradise. Pray for him, that is what I can say. If a blessing is necessary, it is your choice and I hope you find a solution to your problem in this comment.

Thank you for posting your experience and sharing it with the yourghoststories community. I wish to read more of your experiences and I hope you write more about them. God bless you and take care. Deus vobiscum.

Sincerely,

Francois 😁
FRAWIN (guest)
 
16 years ago (2008-08-05)
Hello celine. Well it's apparent that the dog didn't take it, so that only leaves the two husbands. Husband #1 could be trying to send you a message from the other side or husband #2 could be trying to mess with you, trying to show you that there is "no such thing as a ghost..." If #2 is innocent, try asking for it back when you are by yourself- if it is returned while #2 is absent, then you will know that your deceased husband is indeed trying to contact you. Whether you try to find out what he wants is entirely up to you.
If having your house blessed will ease your mind, by all means have it done.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. Take Care.

FRAWIN 😊

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: