You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Weird Happenings In That Room

Real Ghost Stories

Weird Happenings In That Room

 

I am Stacey and am 23 years of age. This experience dates back to August 2011 when I used to stay at a rented room with my elder sister and my best friend in Delhi. I would like to tell that the balcony of the house used to stay covered with a mango tree that used to seem like falling over our house.

We had this one room, outside which there was a gallery which comprised of the kitchen and the washroom. Beside the washroom was the staircase that lead to the terrace which used to stay unlighted as no one used to go upstairs. I started having this weird feeling whenever I used to open the door of the room and go in the kitchen or the washroom. I always felt as if someone was standing on the staircase keeping one hand on the railing. But I never found anything every time I used to turn over to confirm. It continued for every time we opened the door of the room. However I tried discussing it with my sister but she asked me stay quiet as she was too scared of discussing anything like that. She used to work in night shift so always warned me and my best friend not to loiter in the balcony area at nite. But we always used to freak out after my sister had left for her office.

We had this separate entry to our floor and had the staircase attached to a side of the balcony. One night me and my friend were sitting on the staircase outside and were enjoying the summer night with our girly chats. It was around 1:30 to 2 a.m. Suddenly we both felt a breeze of cold wind blow through our legs. We discussed about it in a normal manner and continued with our stuff. Moments later we heard rustling of the mango tree leaves which was hanging just above us in the balcony. As we looked up we found the leaves just above us shaking badly. We both freaked out so badly that we started chanting prayers and rushed inside the room. We kept the lights of the room on so as to make our minds normal. Everything became back to normal when my sister arrived early in the morning. We did not disclose this to my sister as she would have scolded us for sitting on the staircase outside so late.

Days after we three went out for some shopping and I realized I didn't have my cellphone with me. I asked my sister to call on my cell so that we could make out if I had left it in the house or at some shop. Some male person did receive the call and said "hello..." in a whispering tone. I replied the same and the person again said "hello..." in a whisper. I cut the phone and came back home annoyed, thinking that I might have got my phone stolen away.

To my surprise as we entered the room I found my phone on the bed. We had locked the room from outside before leaving and there was no other way through which someone or the landlord could have got into the room. I immediately checked the call log and found my sister's number in the 'received calls' list. This made it clear that someone did receive that call. We even clarified things with our landlord asking him if anyone entered our room some moments back to which he clearly denied reminding us that he had no duplicate key of our room.

This was something which really got us thinking and discuss things in detail. Nothing evil took place neither did the spirit (if any) tried interfering with our lives in the room. But certainly there was something/someone who kept standing on the staircase near the kitchen and outside near the tree too. We decided to move out but never discussed anything with the landlord as we knew no one would ever speak or accept something ill about his own house. Now I stay in a PG with other girls and still remember those days trying to figure out the possible reasons behind those happenings. I reach no conclusion whatsoever.

Thank you for reading my story. Please share your thoughts over what would it possibly have been if it was not something paranormal.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from India

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, Stacey0108, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

mryogi (1 stories) (4 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-07-20)
Hi Stacey,
That was scary upto some extent. But I want to ask if those rustlings on the mango tree were not caused by the night breeze.
allesgute154 (3 stories) (254 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-15)
I agree with Geetha here. Please do try to investigate if you can and share it with us readers. Thanks.
JennZ (72 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-13)
Whoa that would of really scared me... Maybe it was a past home owner who didn't want to leave.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-27)
I seriously would talk to the landlord and asked him about it. You were paying him to live in his house and your safety and those of your sister and friend should have been his concern. Even if he didn't give you a straight answer, you could have seen if he was hiding anything by the reaction on his face. Also, I'm not sure about the recording keeping of the history of the houses and land but couldn't there be a way to find that out; I mean the history of the house or land. You could have also asked the neigbours.
Kryodrache (3 stories) (108 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-27)
To hear 'hello' over the phone like that would be pretty unnerving, if I had heard it... Did you have any friends or family that might have visited the house while you were away, or were you certain that house was locked up tight for the duration of your absence?
Stacey0108 (1 stories) (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-23)
yes Sceptic- Ari it was a scary phase of my life. I've always been a believer of ghosts and so I respected his presence, never thought it to be my own thinking...
Dreamerxx (1 stories) (36 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-21)
Hi Stacey0108

I liked your story and even though it didn't do any harm it still would have been scary for anyone
Sceptic-Ari (2 stories) (611 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
Dear Stacey0108,

Thanks for sharing your story. It must have really been scary for you to experience such occurrences.

Dear bizzjoe,

You might say that English is the "lingua franca" in India.
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-20)
this was a very good story I liked it very much... Does everyone speak english in india?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: