You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: Dark Figure, Noises, Opening Doors

Real Ghost Stories

Dark Figure, Noises, Opening Doors

 

I guess I will start with the fact that I do believe in ghosts, angels and demons, yet have grown up in a particularly non-religious home. Since I was born my mother has had this best friend which me and my sibling now call our aunt because she has been around our whole lives. There is one thing about my aunt, though. Whether it does or does not apply to what has happened to me, I think it is important for me to tell all of you readers that my aunt was a witch. No she did not ride around on a broom, and no she is not evil. Well, I hope not. She practiced Wicca up until I was about 5 years old and nothing particular happened to me until I was about 15. And I guess I will start there with what I believe is my encounters with the unknown.

When I turned 14, my family moved in to a normal house in a community that is fairly new in Kitchener ON Canada. I have lived in Kitchener my whole life. For about the first year nothing really happened, until I moved my room into the basement. And it wasn't like this was a scary basement. It was fully finished and previously my mom had her hair salon in it. When I moved down there it all started with me feeling uneasy down there. As if I wasn't welcome. And that continued for about a month when one night it escalated quickly. I did not have all the basement. My room was portioned off with a curtain. So one night I went to lay down in bed and almost as soon as my head hit my pillow I became uneasy and sick to my stomach. So I rolled over facing the wall to try and fall asleep. But as I rolled over I swear I saw some one standing at the opening of the curtains. But when I looked back there was nothing. So I disregarded it and rolled back over. Right as I was about to pass out, I heard in my ear some one say, "Hello." It was if someone had their head right against mine, it sounded so close. So I jumped and looked around my room and the rest of the basement but there was no one. When I laid back in bed all my feelings of feeling uneasy went away and then I just went to sleep.

The next time some thing happened was about a week later. I was home alone from school sick. I was laying in the living room watching TV when I started feeling uneasy again. But this time it felt like I was being watched too. So I just laid there watching TV when the garage door opened. So I got up and closed it and locked it, thinking it was just the wind or something. And then I went back to watching TV and about 10 minutes later I started hearing someone walking around on the top floor when I thought I was home alone. And these were not house creeks or anything like that. These were full on footsteps. I got so scared that went and grabbed a knife. And when I grabbed the knife I heard a loud smash in the basement. Being a stupid teenager and not knowing what it was, I ran down there to see what happened. When I got down there the florescent tube lighting that my mom had installed because she had had her salon down there had fallen off the ceiling and smashed on the ground. I ran upstairs to go call my mom and when I got upstairs the garage door that I had previously shut and locked was open.

Nothing else happened that day until everyone else got home and we all went to bed. I went to bed and again, out of the corner of my eye, I saw a black figure standing at the crack of my curtains but when I took a second look there was nothing. Later that night I heard my little sister screaming in her room so I ran upstairs to find my mom hugging her. She was saying she saw a black man standing in the hallway. I decided not to tell my mom what I had seen until the next day. And when I told my mom, she said that the night before she woke up in the middle of the night and there was a black figure standing at the end of her bed, but when she closed her eyes and opened them again there was nothing.

The following weeks were filled with hearing noises, footsteps and the garage door opening while previously being shut and locked. My mom decided to talk to her best friend who had practiced Wicca. She gave my mom sage and sweet grass bundles. She said to burn them throughout our home and it should expel the spirits or whatever it was.

So we did and nothing happened for about a month and then we would start hearing noises again and we would just burn the sage and sweet grass again and it would stop. We did this for years until we moved. When we moved it all just stopped and nothing had been happening for years until the past couple months.

For the past couple months I have been waking up with something called sleep paralysis. What happens is, I wake up and I cannot move. I am paralysed. I have looked it up and I have found two explanations. One if you don't believe in ghosts: doctors say it happens when your your brain wakes up from REM sleep but your body doesn't. And for the people who do believe in ghosts: people say what is happening is there is a spirit, ghost, demon, just something holding you down.

So I have been living with this for the past like 6 months. And everything was fine until about two days ago. I had a dream that I was in my mom's room. It was very dark in there. And I was crouched in the corner. I started hearing something coming up the stairs and it sounded huge and then all of a sudden something was getting me but there was nothing there. And then I woke up. When I woke up I felt very uneasy and I felt like I was being watched. Again I have my room in the basement but this time there is cement walls because it's a very old house it something like 75 years old. The wall that separates my room from the laundry room has a hole in in it about a foot wide. This night the laundry room light was on and I started hearing scratching noises in the laundry room after I had woken up from my dream. So I was watching the hole and something was breaking the beam of light that was coming through the hole as if someone was walking around in the laundry room. I was getting scared so I got up to go for a smoke and there was no one in the laundry room and everyone was in bed sleeping. Since then I have been feeling uneasy in my home and I keep on hearing noises.

You readers can believe me or not. I don't really care. I just hope someone who reads this can help me understand what's going on. Whether it is ghosts or something else. And what I should do about it.

Thank you.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Canada

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, matid94, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

E-man22 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-19)
Hello.
About the figure you saw:
Did you happen to see any features of his face? I have had similar experiences in my room, except my room has two windows. When I was little, (about 7 years ago) I saw a figure at the side of my bed, just staring at me. He looked like he had a hood on, but I couldn't make out what the rest of his body looked like. When you saw this figure, did he have eyes? The figure I saw, had milky white eyes, as if they were rolled all the way to the back of it's head.
A cleansing method:
Rook's method is very useful and it really helped me with my problems.
Remember that you are not alone and I'm pretty sure, based on what you have said, that this ghost does not mean specific harm. However, there is a chance that it may be trying to tell you something...
angelus_crudus (3 stories) (35 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-06)
Such a great story, thanks for sharing. Very well written and hair raising for sure. Hope you can find some peace soon, thanks again for sharing.
sian-mariah (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-05)
oh my gosh, we are so alike I hear same things like things slamming shut or opening and I believe in everything you believe in, I sometimes spend hours trying to get to sleep.
I don't want to sound like a weirdo but I think some one is trying to connect to someone when this happens.
So maybe its a relative or someone you used to know.
But I understand how you feel cause it happens to me aall the time 😨 so your not the only one
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-01-02)
matid94, I would like to offer you something else to consider in regards to sleep paralysis and perhaps this is a third explanation coming from someone who believes in ghost and also accepts that sleep paralysis is a medical condition... There is a little gland in the back of our brain called the pineal gland, it's functioning purpose is to transit us in and out of sleep, from conscious mind to a sub conscious state of mind... What happens for most sufferers of sleep paralysis IS THIS... As they are waking up, their pineal gland stagnates in between for a period of time usually seconds, to sometimes minutes... The sufferer can consciously be alert and aware their awake, but not quite out of a sleeping state of consciousness where the sub conscious mind still has controlling power of thought and will over them... If you are the type of person who can't sleep properly you will most likely be a sufferer of S/P...this condition has nothing to do with demons or ghost... What triggers the impression that someone is sitting on you and feelings of paralysis comes from with in your own sub conscious mind which basically plays havoc over your conscious state of mind during the process giving the impression it's a separate entity... The last time I had a bout of sleep paralysis was when I was suffering from sleep apnoea and here's my advise to beat it... First of all and this may sound crazy to some, but I was thankful that I did have my bout a S/P and although granted I understand how frightening it can be... For me it was a big wake up call to get myself into shape by eating better and exercising more and generally living a better life style, which in turn means a better supply of oxygen and a better nights sleep, which will all help you over coming this condition... If you go to bed at 10pm, just have 8 or 9 hours sleep, even if you feel tired get out of bed at 7am and stay awake all day and after noon... Eat better and exercise more both will help you feel more relaxed physically and mentally, don't eat after 6pm, only drink water or what you need to consume, but not tea or coffee... Read a book before you go to bed and I'm sure in no time you'll develop better sleeping cycles better habits and detoxify your overall system...I'm not an professional, nor am I a doctor and I don't know all your full circumstances, but fighting back with positive action will overcome a negative situation... Run my advise before your doctor and parents get the support you need and you will over come this condition... And avoid reading or watching any horror films as they too can assist in the forms of attack, whilst under the S/P, best of luck!

Regards Daz.
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-31)
Matrid94,

Rook has provided excellent advise and I hope you follow it and Rook's cleansing. Also, I like to apologize a head of time because I am going to bit another poster's head off now.

Rook,

Again, you couldn't have said it better about Jessokcool1's comment.

Jessokcool1,
Wow! Cool down buddy... Although I respect every religion and believe and the people who practice them, I seriously do NOT like it when people push their religion onto other people. Your religion is not the only way and please do not go disrespect others. Okay... I am going to stop now before I say something I regret.
stormangel (3 stories) (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-30)
next not bext, sorry for the typo. 5.37am, tired 😕 and not uncommon for me to be awake now, hence my run in with Mirtazipine:)
stormangel (3 stories) (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-30)
Just wanted to say I had depression and sleeping issues and was given mirtazapine, although they do make you sleep, like a log, also very groggy bext day so I think a drug such as that should be avoided or only taken when all other solutions have failed, also when stopping the w/d symptoms had me experiencing worse S.P than ever and bad mood swings. It doesn't sound as if its done anything to harmful other than causing discomfort and watching, which I understand feels very disconcerting, I would keep a journal as previously mentioned and do a mild cleansing. Best of luck to you:)
Storm
HassaniSabbah (1 stories) (17 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-28)
We fear what we can not see. If you can't use sense to explain somthing the first emotion is fear to alert your body to stay away. Perhaps do some reaserch on your home and family history to understand this presence more. Dont show fear, remember every ghost used to be a human who once had a beloved family and perhaps still have such a bond
Mizlady07 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-27)
Have your house blessed an burn more sage but have priest come out to see your house might some history you guys don't know about the house
rosemay (52 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-26)
Dabney, you're very statement says she isn't a real Wiccan! Or she was having fun with you lmao
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-25)
Jessokcool1,

While you are entitled to your opinion the members of this site try to avoid 'overt' religious overtones.

I would like to ask you this question...

Just what about the O/P's experience indicates that her Aunt... Who USED to be a Witch ("...that my aunt was a witch. No she did not ride around on a broom, and no she is not evil. Well, I hope not. She practiced Wicca up until I was about 5 years old and nothing particular happened to me...") actually had contact with 'evil spirits'? Just curious...

Respectfully,

Rook
Jessokcool1 (2 posts)
-3
11 years ago (2012-12-25)
Well Matid94 these evil spirits are following your aunt she messed around with evil or still is and opened up the doorways that you all must close and doing so you all must repent ask Jesus to come into your hearts and minds ask him to save you and become a believer, this is the only power on earth were the evil spirits and demons must bow to the name of our Saviour and Lord. Try this whenever you start hearing things call upon the name of the Lord in an out loud voice and watch them go crazy when you mention the name of Jesus Christ. Write back.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-25)
matid94,

Before I go posting my cleansing method as mentioned I'd like to mention a couple of things...

First: I do not think your 'Aunts' background in Wicca has anything to do with anything you have experienced, except for the smudging/smoking method she suggested seemed to effect whatever you, your Mother and sister saw in your old home.

Second: All the experiences you have shared with us seem to be separate events... At least between the two houses. I do not 'feel' they are related in any way.

Start a Journal, ask your Mother and Sister to do the same... Compare notes... Debunk everything you can and then, if anything is left, look at the details surrounding those events.

You may also find that the S/P you are going through may...MAY...be related to your age...17-19 years old? At the final stages of Puberty... Much of what you have described may be due to the energies released by the body/brain during the 'growth process'.

You may find that this Method may bring you and your Family so piece of mind, please feel free to try it and please keep us posted.

Recipe for a Home Cleansing/Shielding... (allow for two or 3 days to complete)

Day one: Open all curtains window and doors with screens installed, let fresh air and sunshine into the home. Have all closets, cabinets and other 'dark spaces' open so that as much natural light as possible can enter those spaces. After 2-3 hours take a broom and 'sweep' out each room (this is symbolic and you do not have to really sweep) focus your thoughts on sweeping (pushing) out all negative energies / entities /thoughts. Close home up after completing each room of your home... Please do not forget your garage if you have one. (Optional) Light incense (sandalwood or Dragons-blood works well for me) and let aroma fill the home, and/or play a tape that contains your favorite Church/Positive, Upbeat (songs that give you good thoughts) songs before you begin sweeping.

Day two (or three): Once again open all curtains, windows and doors. Take a White candle (Optional) to the center most point of the home, sit on the floor and place candle in front of you. Light the candle (visualize a white ball of light) and then focus on the flame... Visualize the flame (white light) filled with positive thoughts, energy. (Say a prayer at this time if you so desire... Ask for cleansing positive energy to fill the candles flame/white light). Hold this 'image' in your mind and then visualize the flame (light) slowly expanding outward, visualize it filling the room your in, every corner and 'dark space'. Continue to visualize it expanding...it's outer edges pushing away (burning away) any and all negative energies/entities out and away from each room in your home. Once you have visualized this flame (light) filling your entire home, picture it expanding to your property lines. Hold this image in your mind for a few moments then visualize 'anchoring' this flame (light) where you are sitting which is the center most point of your home. Once you have done this. Take a deep breath, relax a few moments and then blow out the candle. (If you didn't use a candle just let yourself relax a moment or two.) "

Now you can create a shield for yourself using the 'home shield' technique but instead of focusing on your home visualize the 'flame' simply surrounding you instead of your home... Best time to do this is after a nice shower using a rosemary scented soap (rosemary is good for purification and protection.)

Respectfully,

Rook
Dabney (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2012-12-24)
Doors used to open in my house to and they still do. It's really annoying.

I also used to have friend who was or reather was traing to be a witch. She said she had to be tested first and had to get these strang things to make her own spell like something from a dead person. I'm not sure if she ever really did become a real wikken
Rev-Holmes (guest)
+1
11 years ago (2012-12-24)
dear one
I do understand your problem and how annoying it can be.
I sympathise with you pray you find a solution soon.
Rooks method of cleansing is recommended. He will post it soon I think.
Are sleep apenea and sleep p related?
If yes then the anti depressant mirtazapine maybe useful to you. It opens the part of the throat that gets constricted during the sleep disorders mentioned earlier and allows oxygen to move in and you don't have to wake up fighting for your breath. It may work for you

Peace

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: