You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Apparitions / Voices / Touches :: The White Lady That Haunted My Childhood 2

Real Ghost Stories

The White Lady That Haunted My Childhood 2

 

Please notice this is a continuation of a previous post I've written, so please read that one before you read my other experiences! Thanks.

So as you've read, I was haunted by a mysterious white lady for a period of my childhood. I've told you the main occurrences and now I'll tell you the little unexplained things that happened in between.

These are less significant, but still very strange. I always had the feeling of being watched in my room and in the upstairs hallway (where all the bedrooms are), which is why I started needing a night-light (and still need one to this day).

I had a time where I was in the middle of cleaning out my closet and forgot to close the closet door. I started getting ready to go to bed and laid down. I was in bed for a good 30 minutes just trying to sleep and then I had the feeling of being watched again and suddenly a plastic bag flew out of my closet halfway into my room and slowly fell to the ground.

Also, another time, I had one of those little kid pianos. I always put it under my bed when I was done playing with it because I didn't want to step on it in the middle of the night. I remember trying to sleep and again having an eerie feeling and suddenly I heard the switch turn on on the piano from underneath my bed and it played a note. Both of those times I ran into my parents' room and slept with them.

Another one was it was probably around 7 pm and my brother, mom, and I were watching TV and I had to use the bathroom. I got up and proceeded to do my business and I heard someone lightly knock on the door and say, "What're you doing?" in a soft curious tone. It was a lady's voice so I thought it was my mother. I answered back to her, "Going to the bathroom...?" I waited a bit. "Hello?" I asked. No response. I thought it was pretty odd because she's never bothered me while I was in the bathroom before and I thought it was quite obvious why I was in there. I washed my hands and came out and asked my mom why she knocked on the door. She replied that she didn't get up off the couch and maybe I just heard the TV. I know she wasn't lying because she's not like that, and I also know it wasn't the TV. Weird right?

The other time I was with my neighbor, and we liked to play Barbies just like any other little girls. We were playing with Ken and dressing him up and I had a cowboy hat in front of me that I was going to put on him, I turned around to grab another article of clothing, put it on and went to grab the cowboy hat and it was gone... "Hey, did you take that cowboy hat?" my friend shook her head no. We started looking all around for it and I was getting pretty annoyed. We were just about to give up with the cowboy hat just fell from the ceiling and landed right in front of me. We were both stumped.

The last thing I can remember is again with my neighbor. She was spending the night and we were messing around with some kid makeup, little circular containers of pink eye shadow and lip gloss and whatever and we started hearing light scratches on the wall... Right next to where all the makeup was. We were getting really spooked because it went on for a good 10 minutes. Suddenly it stopped and we shrugged it off and started playing with the makeup again, about 5 minutes later a circular container of lip gloss suddenly flipped up on its side and rolled off of the table. We both saw it but we were pretty used to weird things happening by then so just said, "That was weird..." and continued playing.

Like I said in my last story, I eventually got fed up with all of it and told the lady to leave me alone. No other experiences happened after that. I think she was just a lonely old lady who was trying to play, or watch over, my friend and I since we were both little girls.

Thanks so much for reading! Let me know what you think?

-Erin.

Other hauntings by HoneyEyedGirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HoneyEyedGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
After reading this story it seems as though there may have been a child spirit there aswell although most of the experiences could be put down to the Lady just wanting a bit of attention and messing around with you, you never mentioned a feeling of negativity whatsoever so I can only assume that this spirit was just being playful. Thanks again. 😊

Dan
Zander (7 stories) (146 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-26)
Thank you for your well-written and fascinating account, here. We can only speculate as to what the ghost 'meant' by the times she chose to interract but my intuition about the time she interacted with your make-up is this. I had a grandmother born around the turn of the last century. It was not considered 'proper' for young girls to wear make-up...at all. Her generation seems to have taken such things quite seriously, like it made the young girl look 'tarted up'. I remember my own grandmother saying that a young girl putting on make-up was like 'guilding the lilly' or basically ruining something that was already naturally beautiful with something gaudy.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: