You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Pets / Animals :: Glowing Pawprints

Real Ghost Stories

Glowing Pawprints

 

These experiences took place after my dog (Weimaraner), Max, died from an unknown cause. I was pretty young so I didn't really understand why he had to go, but I was still rather distraught.

The first thing that happened after Max died, probably around after my parents had to put him down, was when my neighbor decided to spend the night at my house. We slept just fine through the night but we both woke up really early and no one was awake, so we decided to see if we had any cereal to eat. We walked downstairs and we were quietly talking when suddenly we heard the clicking of dog nails on the kitchen floor... We both freaked out and hightailed it back into my room. At the time we had no other animals, so it was pretty strange.

Now the really weird experience I had, probably a good 5 months after the clicking sounds on the floor, was when I woke up in the middle of the night and realized I was parched. I got up out of bed and walked down the stairs, and as I was walking through the living room heading towards the kitchen I stopped dead in my tracks. I could not believe what I was seeing, it looked like glow in the dark dog paw prints heading into my living room. It seriously reminded me of something out of Scooby Doo.

I thought maybe I was seeing things so I calmly continued to get a glass of water and as I walked back through the living room they were still there... I stared at them for a good 5 minutes and they never moved or changed brightness or anything. I didn't get frightened because I actually thought they were pretty cool, and Max was a really friendly dog so I had nothing to be afraid of anyways.

It was still probably the strangest thing I've ever encountered though, has anyone else ever experienced anything like that?

-Erin.

Other hauntings by HoneyEyedGirl

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Michigan

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, HoneyEyedGirl, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
Lady-glow...love that thought! I am going to keep that vision in my head for when I need a pick-me-up! 😁

Zeta.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3154 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
Perhaps Max stepped over fluorescent fresh paint while crossing Rainbow Bridge to come for a visit? 😉
zetafornow (4 stories) (447 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-28)
Never seen glow-in-the-dark dog prints however I do believe that our beloved pets can come back to check on us just as our beloved family members can. You state that you were pretty young. Did you automatically connect it to your dog Max?

Thanks, zeta.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: