You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Misc :: Growling In My House

Real Ghost Stories

Growling In My House

 

I was a true skeptic. I've since changed my views. I'm not here to frown upon others experiences, but many stories I've read can be chalked up to vivid imaginations from explainable occurrences. I've had many questions concerning what was happening in my home and always made excuses as to what they were. Researching the property culled nothing.

I guess the worst thing I experienced was the growling. It woke me up a few times. One night it woke my 6 year old up who asked me what it was. I lied and said it was a dog outside. I guess I want to know what purpose this thing had and why it was in my house. Our mobile home was purchased brand new and placed on the property. So obviously, it was the property affected.

Briefly, some other things that happened were; Items moved from one area and found in other odd places, like between folded towels, footsteps in the hallway, seven steps sounding like someone going upstairs. I noticed too, that occurrences coincided with odd fights my spouse and I would have. In particular at dinner time. Nice meal served, eaten, then an argument about some dumb thing. Then noise activity. As if it wanted us to fight. Final say on this, our friend witnessed a water bottle knocked off the table. So I guess I'm grateful he was there to see this. Yeah, so I'm not crazy after all. After 12 years of stress, we moved the mobile home to a new spot (because it was a larger lot) and inadvertently, left our uninvited guest behind! I immediately gained 10 pounds and started sleeping soundly.

I asked the new tenant at my old spot if he had any odd things happening there, he said no. I would like anyone who perhaps could give me solid answers for what this was, to feel free to contact me. Location is Glendora California.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from California

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, lorraineone, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Sarah (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-04-20)
Hi lorraineone,
I believe that the negativity between you and your spouse at that time was feeding whatever entity you heard growling.
I too have heard growling (check out my story) and it is truly an unforgettable experience.
I'm glad that you've moved 😁
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
How certain are you it wasn't a dog outside? Or a noise from outside making the growling sound? Our neighbour had a metal sheet scraping against the outside wall of his house and it took us 2 days to realise it wasn't growling inside the house.

Perhaps you and your husband were just going through a negative time in your marriage without even realizing it properly.

There's perfectly reasonable explanations for the things happening in your story. So I'm chalking it up to a "vivid imgination"

I feel like a skeptic on this one.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
lorraineone, it could be that negative energies were quite plenty when you lived there at. As Rook said, it could attract our energies and drain us out. Well, you also said in your post that others also experienced weird activities there. So, the place must have some negative energies prevailing. If the new occupants have not felt it until now, probably they may in future.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
Could be the property not the home like Rook say Indian land maybe and want to it strong enery.
lorraineone (1 stories) (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
Rook, I checked online for any history. This was apparently an orange grove before being developed into a travel trailer park (late 1940's) then a mobile home lot, later on. A few other people mentioned to me that they had weird things happening in their homes too. I too, felt that the fights we had were planned fights, always occurring at dinner time. I by nature, am not an aggressive person and avoid conflict. Also, talking about this was hard to do, as no one wants to be viewed as a nut.

Lujan, I won't mention the park name, But it's right off Arrow Hwy, on the border of Azusa and Covina.
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
How far back into the Properties History did you check? I ask because of what you stated here...

"I noticed too, that occurrences coincided with odd fights my spouse and I would have. In particular at dinner time. Nice meal served, eaten, then an argument about some dumb thing. Then noise activity. As if it wanted us to fight."

Energy/Spirits/Entities seem to 'work' like magnates...'like attracts like'...From what you have described something 'negative' was trying to draw more negative energy to the area where your home was placed at the time of these experiences... This may have to do with American Indians, or perhaps a 'nature spirit' who is/was mad at the changes made to the property over the years. Its hard to tell from what you have shared with us.

Respectfully,

Rook
Lujan5150 (1 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-29)
Hello lorraineone. Unfortunately I don't have answers, but yet to expirence any. I was wondering what lot you lived in before? I reside in azusa ca. So I was surprised to read an article that was so close.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: