You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Unexplained Growling

Real Ghost Stories

Unexplained Growling

 

I have always felt sensitive to paranormal happenings, but oftentimes I only have certain feelings - whether that feeling is calm, or scared. The thing about these feelings is that they often don't fit in with the rest of my day or what is going on in my life. I wouldn't bother to post about these "feelings" unless something else happened in addition though.

This something else happened to me a few years ago. I am now in college and out of my house where it happened. I have never been afraid of the dark, even as a child. I could watch scary movies and then go turn off the lights in my room and go to bed without a second thought. I don't know exactly when that changed. There was no significant event in my life that could have triggered anything. Like I said, the reason I notice the odd feelings I get is that they don't fit in with the rest of my life. Anyhow, all of a sudden I felt irrationally afraid to be in my room. Mainly at night with the lights off and when I was alone, but sometimes even in the day when others were with me. Only in my room though.

I have three younger siblings, and I would ask them to turn off my lights for me after I climbed into bed. I didn't want to walk across my bedroom in the dark. It was such an irrational fear, but it was definitely real. I double checked that my closet doors were closed and put something at the foot of the door every night to keep it from closing, and on top of that I always made sure the lights in the hallway were on. I was terrified.

The more scared I got, it seemed that more things would happen to justify my fear. Sometimes I would be in my room in the middle of the day and the door would slam shut. My window was closed, but I convinced myself that wind from another window upstairs was slamming the door shut. Looking back, any wind from another window would have been blowing the door open, and there would have had to have been much more wind than I remember for the door to close that quickly. This happened multiple times, and always on a mild day. Based on how I remember it at least.

I also started to become convinced that something was staring at me as I started to fall asleep. I would stare at the ceiling, unwilling to turn my head to look beside me because I was positive I would look into some awful face. I realize so far this has just been a lot of weird scared feelings. But there were two very significant things that happened.

The first was late at night while I was up cleaning my room. A lamp in my room suddenly crashed down from where it was attached to the ceiling, and when I tried to set it back up I realized that it had to have actually been unscrewed to have fallen the way it did.

The second happened in the middle of the night while I was trying to sleep. I woke up because my bed was moving (a few years ago we had redone the carpets and taken apart my loft bed to move it, and we had never put every screw back in so the bed just sort of rested on itself, but it was heavy enough that it wasn't a problem). This was not the first time this had happened, there had been other times where I had woken up because of this, like someone was trying to shake my bed. This time though, I heard a low growl start, coming from the foot of my bed. If I was sleeping when the growl started, I was absolutely awake before it finished. I sat in my bed as the noise continued and finally stopped before I ran out of my room to sleep on the couch. I have not slept in my room since. When I go home I use my room during the day then sleep on the couch at night.

I still don't like to go in my room late at night or with the lights off. Now that I am in college, one of my siblings will eventually take over my room. My siblings don't want to go in it either, though, and they currently share a room. I should also mention that I don't have problems being on my own or sleeping alone or anything like that. It is just that one room. I never have any problems anywhere else.

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Washington

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, jcpk4, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will read the comments and participate in the discussion.

Sarah (1 stories) (53 posts)
 
9 years ago (2015-10-02)
Hi jckp4,

Although you feel that the growling noise stays contained within your old bedroom I would just like to suggest that, from my experiences anyway, that they seldom remain localised.

I too have heard this growling, if you like check out my story, and realise that whatever this entity is, it can actually follow you.

I say this, not to frighten you, but in protecting you. So perhaps as God to watch over you and your family.

Hope this is of some help,

Sarah.
emmfranklin (4 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-09-08)
Such malevolent activities do happen my dear

My relative has the power to cleanse such problems

But we live far away from you in India

My suggestion

Don't use that room

Some spirits are selective towards whom they want to trouble
Imabooknerdx (13 posts)
-1
11 years ago (2013-07-08)
I had these types of experiences when I was a teen but when I moved nothing followed me and nobody else ever experienced these things even from the start.

Thanks,

Imabooknerd:)
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-07-07)
I have a few questions:

(1) You mentioned that your siblings don't like going into that room. Have they experienced what you have experienced, either when they are with you or alone?

(2) Have you talked to your parents about what you have experienced? If so, what did they have to say about it?

(3) Have you done any research on the house? For example, when it was built? How old is the land? If any deaths have taken place in your house or on the land?

(4) As teenagers, we can do some really stupid stuff, so have you, siblings, and/or friends used the Ouija Board or something also those lines? I'm asking you this question because you or your siblings and/or friends could have let something into your house without knowing it. As you say, you are a sensitive and this that is attached to your room found you as a target.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: