You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: My Dog's Growling

Real Ghost Stories

My Dog's Growling

 

Before I go on with my story, I would like to give a brief background first about myself.

I am not working in a call center but since I am working in an American company, it requires me to work on a shifting schedule because our operation is 24/7. We support supermarkets in the US, Canada and Australia and some parts of Europe and Asia. For 2 months, I am on night shift, sleeping in the morning. And this week is my last since next week, we will transition to a new shift.

Now with my story, it happened just this morning (Nov 29,'17). I came home at 9AM. Since I was very sleepy, I just ate a little then went straight to bed after changing my clothes. Mama and my younger sister went out to the market to buy ingredients for our lunch. I was alone with my younger brother who has cerebral palsy. He was lying on the sofa bed in the living room, taking his nap. I was in my bedroom. Now, we have a pet dog, a shiat tzu breed. She barks sweetly. It is as if no one will be scared when she barks and growls. She is very sweet.

I was already dozing off when I heard Winky (name of our dog) barking and growling. And it is different from her natural barking sound. I thought that she just saw a rat and she will stop eventually. But, when I noticed that she was barking and growling for more than 5 minutes already, I get up and decided to see what makes her do that.

I saw that she was looking towards the kitchen (lights are off in the kitchen and living room). She was barking at something I do not know. And when she growled, still looking at the kitchen, I got a bit scared because maybe she is seeing something, you know, that I cannot see. I went back to the bedroom, under the blanket and closed my eyes tightly. After a few minutes, Winky stopped growling. That's when I got my sleep.

So, what do you think? Is there really a reason to be scared of? Or do you think it's really just a rat?

Other hauntings by majarlika012

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Philippines

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, majarlika012, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Mainindianhu (5 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-09)
As everyone kowns that dogs, cats & horse are only animal in world who can see dose things which we human can't see... As you already mention that your cute sweet dog was barking and growling in wired way like she never did it before. That simply means that she had see some weird thing that made her behave like that Becouse if you point out on rat then dogs don't barke on them they usally try to caught them. But you mention barking and growling That confirm that there was some thing which should not supposed to be at your home... Kindly call good priest who can bless your entire home with positive wibes & blessing
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-03)
She's inside her cage when she do that. I did not notice if her furs up and bristling.
majarlika012 (12 stories) (122 posts)
 
6 years ago (2017-12-03)
I actually told this to my mother. She said that Winky's been doing that for few times already.
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-03)
RCRuskin has mentioned very good points. Remember that dogs sense of hearing is much better than ours.

It's hard to say if it was a rat... Are there any rats in your place or in the neighborhood? If there are rats, I would't discard the possibility of a cat chasing one of eating one outside the kitchen, and Winky barking and growling at them.

In my opinion, if not sure, it's better to investigate than to be afraid.

Thanks for sharing.
RCRuskin (9 stories) (811 posts)
+1
6 years ago (2017-12-03)
Majar, did your dog have her fur up, bristling? What was her posture like? It could be many things but there's not much here to identify what's happening. The next few weeks, though, should reveal more.

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: