You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Haunted Places :: Little Girl In My Basement Part 2

Real Ghost Stories

Little Girl In My Basement Part 2

 

Since my last post a few more incidents have occurred and I am well on my way to purchasing some ghost hunting equipment.

My grandmother has lived with us my whole life and has her own little apartment upstairs. After my grandfather passed away almost 10 years ago, I've been sleeping in her guest bedroom because I know she doesn't like to stay alone at night in her apartment. However, on Christmas night, I decided I would sleep in my normal room because my mom decided to sleep in the room I usually sleep in. Before I went to bed I told my brother that if he wanted to watch TV to call me after he was done watching a movie. However, at 12 I heard him tell my dad he was going to bed and shut the door to his room. My dad went to bed as well and I had my dog in my room and she was fast asleep in her bed.

So, it was about 12:30 am and I was facing my wall with my TV on mute so just the light from the TV would be in my room since I don't have a nightlight in there. (Yes, I am 19 and still need a nightlight haha). All of a sudden I hear footsteps coming towards my room followed by a light tapping on my door that went on for about 10 seconds. It sounded as if someone was tapping on my door with their nails or as if someone had thrown a ball down the hallway and it was hitting on my door.

I called out for my brother but got no response. With my heart racing, I started to get out of bed and it started again. This time my dog, Luna shot up out of her bed and started barking at the door. Reluctantly, I turned on my light and opened my bedroom door afraid of what I would see on the other side. However, there was nothing there except pitch black darkness as everyone was asleep. Luna sprinted out of my room barking like crazy and waking up my dad and brother. I was in a state of shock and when my dad asked what happened, I almost cried and said "someone was at my door!" I honestly don't think I've ever run up a flight of stairs as quickly as I did that night.

When I went upstairs, my grandma was still awake and she could tell something was wrong and when I told her what had just happened, she looked confused and said, "I thought one of you had just thrown Luna her new toy, I heard that too." Freaked out, I spent the night on the couch and have not slept in my room since.

Then, a few nights ago, I was laying in the bed in my grandma's guest room texting my friend. I set the phone down and turned on my side to go to sleep. About 30 seconds after I turned around, I heard a dark whisper say "Hush hush now." I was stunned and turned on the recorder on my phone. I left it on for about a minute asking if anyone was there and telling them to speak into my phone. However, I didn't capture anything.

Then, this morning I was on the treadmill in my basement and Luna was laying a few feet away. While running, I noticed her look up at the stairs, get up as if someone was coming down, and just stare there for a few seconds. Figuring it was one of my family members coming downstairs to get something, I continued running. However, after about 15 seconds of no one coming down and Luna still staring at the staircase, I got a little worried. Then Luna slowly started looking down the stairs and watching something move down the hallway until it was out of view for her. I have no clue what she was looking at but I could tell she had seen something that I couldn't.

I'm waiting to get more ghost hunting equipment as I just have a recorder at the moment. I also am working on finding out the history of my house. So far, I have just established that my house and the homes of my two neighbors used to be one, owned by the same person. This is also a very old town, dating back to Native American times, as most of the towns in Long Island are, so this spirit could be from any point in history. I just hope to get some answers soon.

Other hauntings by ghosthunter102

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from New York

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, ghosthunter102, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Juniper-mars1998 (5 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-05-10)
Wow chilled my bones even that I am outside 😆 😆 and my school is haunted and I done some research. 😆
ghosthunter102 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-30)
haha katie sorry if I scared you 😆 I'm glad you liked the story though! 😊
Kaite (7 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-03-29)
im a bit scared:P awesome story thanks for posting... Although I hope I don't have a hardtime falling asleep now 😆 😆
ghosthunter102 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-02)
Redwolf- I responded on my other story as well but I am from Massapequa on the south shore where, as you stated, a lot of Native Americans settled. Your story sounds pretty scary as well, I hope everything is OK now! My brother is 15 and I'm 19 but he gets too scared to talk about these experiences so I wouldn't really know what he has seen/heard. The only thing I notice is that when he goes to play his video games alone in the basement he has to shut all of the doors beforehand. Sometimes, if I stay down there with him he always looks over his shoulder or at the staircase, where my dog is always looking. The strange thing is, I always feel like there is someone sitting at the staircase watching me when I'm down there so I catch myself glancing over there sometimes as well. Thank you very much for the information about the paranormal group, I'll email you soon to get more information about them and see if they can help! 😁

Momonique- I don't have a sister haha, but if you meant my grandma or brother they seem to be pretty scared about the activity as well, especially my grandma. I try to talk to them about it but they get too scared and want to change the subject quickly, I wish they'd be more open about it. Thank you for the feedback 😁

Demonicsheikh- My grandma says the same thing. She believes that trying to capture whatever spirit is here will bring bad luck or cause a lot of trouble. I would just feel bad if there was a little girl who needed help and I did nothing for her. It's crazy how dogs and animals can see things that we can't!
demonicsheikh (55 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
My dear friend don't run after these creatures. It will only bring misery and pain.
Let them go. They don't belong to your world.
Dogs and other animals can see them.
Momonique (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
Your sister might have had the same experiance as you and is still frightened... Try to talk to her about it! That was a very creepy story 😊
RedWolf (31 stories) (1292 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
Ghosthunter102
Where on Long Island do you live? I have lived her all my life (almost 52 years). I'm originally from West Islip just around the corner from where Udall Rd and Higbie La merge. Oh, and I lived in a haunted house. We had a lot of quartz in our yard and an underground stream running under one corner of the house which I've heard and read that water and quartz retain residual hauntings. The 2 main floors didn't bother me but I hated the basement and to this day I don't like going into. There is a ghost down there that doesn't like me.
I have had many psychic experiences some of which saved my life. You don't say how old your brother is but as you are just coming out of adolescence yourself you may have poltergeist activity.
You don't say if you come from the north or south shore because how you describe how the houses used to be connected together is how they were built along main streets by the fishing boats.
There is a paranormal group on Long Island, if you notice the activity increasing e-mail me the head of the group is a friend of mine on face book.
Regards
Red
ghosthunter102 (5 stories) (25 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
Jay_Sammie1- Hahaha Thank you!=D

Argette- Thanks! Right now with school it's going to be a little harder to get more information but I'm going to try!

SDS- Thank you! I will definitely keep you guys posted. We have had other experiences, including hearing a little girl and seeing shadows. I wrote about it in the first part of the story that's also published on here called Little Girl in my Basement. Thanks for responding!
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-30)
Hi ghosthunter102, that was a nice narration indeed. Please keep us posted of your investigation about the house or houses you said were owned by the same person. I want to ask you, apart from the incident when your dog barked in the night, did you or your family members encounter any other experience of similar nature. Please post such experiences, if any.

Thanks for sharing.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
Argette (guest)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-29)
Fascinating! I am looking forward to reading more, once you get further into your research.
Jay_Sammie1 (2 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-01-29)
Wow... I'm chilled by this! Amazing story! You really, and honestly creeped me out tonight! THANK YOU! ❤ ❤ ❤

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: