You are here: Real Ghost Stories :: Photographs / Videos / EVP :: Activity In The Mirror

Real Ghost Stories

Activity In The Mirror

 

My name is John. I have a successful Youtube channel that originally featured only videos on the subject of 'how to see through clothing' using an ordinary camcorder with nightvision and a IR filter to block out visible light (and so it can be used in daylight). One day in March 2011, while I was reviewing footage I shot earlier with my wife for a new video in that same 'see through' series, I noticed something peculiar. While I was directing her, there was movement in the background in a mirror on the wall. A bar stool in our kitchen clearly swiveled all the way in one direction, and then back. There was no one else in the room but us, and we don't own any pets, so we were a little alarmed by what we saw. My wife was actually facing the chair and says she didn't notice anything while we were filming, which would have been all but impossible. Still, I didn't believe in things like that so I figured there was probably a logical explanation, but it kept eating at me.

I decided to set up the tripod and film during any free time I had in the hopes of catching something again. First it was every other night... Then once a week... Then once a month when that grew tiresome. Finally, when looking at footage from the night of 1/14/13 I noticed that the mirror fogged slightly, followed by the same movement of the swivel stool, except this time I had the stool in frame, not just in the mirror as in my first video. The stool in the mirror was moving, but the stool in the frame was not (it should have been). As if this wasn't enough to scare the hell out of me, a few moments later one of my child's toys rose from the table for a few seconds, seemed to twist in different directions (as if someone were examining it?) and then descended back onto the table. Needless to say, my wife was completely freaked out and begged me to tell her that it was something I did, but I showed her that we were watching it off of the disk, and that the video was raw.

I am at a loss for logical explanation with this. Is there any reason the mirror would have fogged this time but not the last time this happened? I am new to this and I don't know the first thing about it. Up until now I was a non believer, but this has changed my mind completely and we're scared, I'll be honest. I've had the camera set up almost nonstop since that night rotating discs and literally running it almost 24/7 and will continue to do so for the foreseeable future. We live in an old house (1900), and it makes a lot of noises, but up until now we just figured it was an old house settling... Now I jump whenever I hear those noises.

My wife wants to move, she's already talked to a realtor and we have an appraisal set up for next week. At first she didn't want to spend another night here, but I reasoned with her that we've been here 4 years without any problems, and that I didn't feel we were in any kind of danger.

The other strange thing about this is that we were planning to move anyway, but had decided the day before this incident took place that we would stay for another two years so our oldest daughter could finish out elementary school. I don't know if that could have meant anything or not.

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas I would greatly appreciate it. Also, if anyone knows the best way to find out more information about my house that would be helpful too. I asked the local town hall but she told me they don't keep information like that there, and that I would have to contact a county office. I don't know where to start.

--John

Hauntings with similar titles

Find ghost hunters and paranormal investigators from Pennsylvania

Comments about this paranormal experience

The following comments are submitted by users of this site and are not official positions by yourghoststories.com. Please read our guidelines and the previous posts before posting. The author, JohnGarrett, has the following expectation about your feedback: I will participate in the discussion and I need help with what I have experienced.

Cat7777 (9 posts)
 
7 years ago (2017-07-06)
I think the fact you want to see through people's clothes is the creepiest thing about this story...
legion777 (1 stories) (11 posts)
-1
8 years ago (2016-09-20)
Really later on this but I can't watch tha videos for some reason, look if you ever read this and see my comment please get ahold of me, I practice and know a lot about tha craft or arts, for 26 years and I study shamanism now but still use all other parts of paganism, witchcraft etc and mirrors I know a lot about,I've help many people. If you want to reach me here's my email...playnino781 [at] gmail.com and if you moved I can bet that things when with you.
For anyone with real issues or need help feel free to contact me, their is NO fee for help.
otteer (8 stories) (398 posts)
 
8 years ago (2016-02-10)
Wow! Found a follow up video to haunted mirror story! Read the story and watch the video if you haven't then click this link for the follow up.

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-PVYGxRu9kQ 😨
waterfalls123 (7 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-08-28)
Sometimes if a ghost walks in front of a camera it will mess with certain parts of the picture or video due to the camera not being able to focus or take the photo/video correctly. Trust me I've had many things such as this happen to me before. Hope this helped and if you have any questions just ask.:-)
Downofpower (13 posts)
 
10 years ago (2014-05-06)
Oh my god man this is real how can you people stay at home for more 2 years
crissygayle (1 posts)
 
10 years ago (2013-12-09)
I realize I am super late. I watched both videos. In the fire one, 1:44 seconds in inside the char pattern, does anyone else see a woman and a young boy?
geetha50 (15 stories) (986 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-09)
I just watched the video and I could understand why your wife was freak out and wanted to move. BUT like it was suggested by other posters, check out where the mirror came from and its history (like was it second hand from a flea market or was it handed down by a relative. Keeping a journal also helps to tell the difference in things that happen in this world and that of the paranormal. It will also be easy to record when it happened.

I never thought of the string theory but it does make sense. You see I learnt something new today!
Pjod (3 stories) (978 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-08)
aussie makes a good point. The theory of multiverse instead of universe- that there are multiple dimensions stacked like thin sheets of glass- very possible you were able to capture some kind of disruption occuring in that particular space.
I'll have to watch this footage when I get home... Blocked from this end.
evilspirit2 (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-08)
I will download that video and I will watch it again and again. I will give my opinion within 24 hours... Thanks for the share bro...
evilspirit2 (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-08)
Dear John Garret, our names match and I am afraid that this might make some people to think that you are me... I know sounds crazy its true...

Coming to your story, can I have a look at your recordings...! I am interested to watch the recording.
Thanks brother...
aussiedaz (19 stories) (1565 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
I have no doubt what you captured in the mirror was paranormal activity... But I'm not so sure what we see is actually the toy and chair moving but rather the illusion it is? Perhaps due to whom ever it was interacting between the camera and the mirror maybe?...I'm not 100 percent sure, but if the chair and toy was moving in the mirror whilst stagnated in our three dimensional world, then IMO, what we must be seeing is through the window of a parallel universe so close to ours separated by a fraction of a second... There are many theoretical scientist including Stephen Hawkins who believe in what they call String theory... That universes sometimes bend appear and reappear... Amazingly your video may have captured String theory at play... Basically looking into another world where someone is in your home going about their business but from anther universe? No need to be alarmed or afraid and thank you for sharing a fascinating video!
hiya_hayz (5 stories) (66 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
That is amazing, an awesome catch. There is no reason for you guys to panic and pack your bags though. You didn't even notice something was in your house or mirror until this video so unless it starts acting out then you should only be excited about this. But! I have a theory for why it only moves in the mirror! People used to cover their mirrors after a loved one died because they believed the spirit of the deceased could get stuck in it. Perhaps there is a bit of truth to that?
TheDon (2 stories) (28 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
Wow now this is very interesting, great find and too bad you can't record more often. I don't know how I would react to this myself, but it didn't seem to be aggressive with what it controlled in the mirror. I really hope you catch more instances on your camera.

Perhaps you should do a sound recording as well.
DARKNESS (3 stories) (2022 posts)
+2
11 years ago (2013-02-04)
JohnGarrett: Interesting experiences, thanks for posting up the video aswell, I did witness what I think was the chair swivel also a white blur that would move back and forth.
The whole fact that this occurs in the mirror in my opinion could be because of a few things, where was this mirror from and where did it preside before you had it? Also it is known for mirrors to act as portals to the spiritual realm so it would not surprise me if this was the case.
What I think though is that this is an intelligent haunt that is harmless and possibly just having a bit of fun, it knows the camera is set up in that location so it is playing games with you. I don't see any reason to be afraid, It wouldn't be the first time I have heard and seen these things happen! Look forward to hearing from you.

Dan
gla55es (6 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-03)
That toy moving in the mirror but not in "reality" is so weird! You'll definately need to keep us posted.
GabrielladeLioncourt (5 stories) (71 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-02)
Very intresting video although I think you and your family have nothing to worry about. If "he" meant to harm you don't you think he would of done it already, I mean its not after 4 years that you should start worrying.

Maybe he just likes hanging out. If you don't mind him I don't think he will mind you guys either by the looks of it.

Lots of love to you and your fam! 😊
Mistyy (2 stories) (18 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
Around 2:33 on that video I suddenly became aware of strong shapes moving against the lightness of the wall to the right of the mirror. Maybe it was just the camera processing tiny changes in light... I'm no expert.

Pretty creepy. Saw the chair swiveling, didn't spot the toy moving though.

Please update if anymore happens?
Xxx
Shlain (13 stories) (246 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
JohnGarrett,

I saw shadows moving around in that mirror. I saw the chair, but deffinitely also shadows all over that video. I didn't see the toy move though 😢

I saw the mirror fog up like steam hit it or something.

Mirrors freak me out. I always feel that there's something going on the other side staring at me through the mirror. I have a habit of covering them once I'm done using them.

I love this story! Great evidence too. Hi 5 to you.
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
ok well I have to say... There is definitly something going on in the mirror, & I found it fascinating... Please keep it going & please post more results if you get them... I hope your not spoofing us but I think you are genuine...
lostghostgal (69 posts)
 
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
I believe Mirror is a portal where spirits in other side is at.
sds (14 stories) (1436 posts)
+3
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
JohnGarrett, I go with lady-glow. You should check up the history of the mirror. But did you feel that this energy or entity or activity, whatever, is negative. Has anything happened to have that feeling? But if your wife is not feeling good to stay, then it is better to move. But, without investigating the history of the mirror and if you take it to your new home, then what if it all started again? So, please check the history of the mirror or it would be better to start a journal and note the activities, if any, date-wise and according to the time of occurrence. I feel that would throw more light.

Thanks for sharing your experience and if you have any further encounters, please post it.

Regards and respects to you.

SDS
rookdygin (24 stories) (4458 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-02-01)
Lady-glow has a point, what is the history of the mirror?

Maybe my eyes are going, but I did not see any 'fog' in the recording (I even went to 'full screen mode on 'youtube').

Its interesting that the movement only happens in the Mirror. I am not sure what to make of these events...

Along with the Video I suggest a written Journal, this will help you sort out the 'normal' sounds of the home from any 'odd' sounds and allow you to check for commonalities in conditions when (if) anything else is captured on Video. (Things like time of day, weather conditions, phase of the moon...ect, ect...)

Respectfully,

Rook
lady-glow (16 stories) (3149 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
Very interesting video, and freaky, too.
It makes you wonder if mirrors are really portals to another dimension as many people believe.

I understand your wife's concern, but I think that if there is a spirit in your house, it means no harm... And it may 'live' confined into the mirror.
Perhaps you should check the story of the mirror.

Thank you for sharing.
JohnGarrett (1 stories) (1 posts)
+1
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
Seems like a reasonable question. A few years ago I was surfing the internet and I saw a video called 'how to see through clothes'. It was by a couple of film guys (EsotericSean is their Youtube channel) and they used a bikini on a table to demonstrate how one could use a modified camcorder to see through that object as well as other fabrics and materials. The video had 1 million views. Many people were skeptical, so I decided to post my own results using a live model (my wife). I figured that would get a ton more views too... My original how to see through clothing video now has almost 34 million views. Anyway, it's just a fun harmless science video, but yes, that is how all of this started.
bizzjoe (1 stories) (162 posts)
+6
11 years ago (2013-01-31)
why would you want to see through peoples clothes using a camcorder with nightvision & an IR filter?

To publish a comment or vote, you need to be logged in (use the login form at the top of the page). If you don't have an account, sign up, it's free!

Search this site: